We’re #28!

Atlanta ranked #28 (tied with Detroit) on the list of “dunkest drunkest cities” according to Forbes Magazine.

No word on where UGA ranked. 😉

Thanks to a reader for the tip.

1. blazer says:

Thats right Bill, get everyone to do their part… or you could just drink 12 drinks per day to pick up everyone else’s slack…

2. Bill Simon says:

I was born with the wrong genetics, Blazer. I drink 4 Long Island Iced Teas and I’m going to sleep. Of course, since I didn’t attend UGA, I never got any real training in drinking heavy, so, don’t look toward me for taking-up the slack.

3. RiverRat says:

“dunkest”?

Is that the white-boy version of getting crunk? Or are you just currently dunk? “really, ociffer, I’m not dunk…”

4. BulldawgGirl says:

It is no wonder that 70 UGA arrests were made last weekend… I am a resident assistant in one of the freshman high-rises. I walk into the laundry room to get my laundry and there is a girl just sitting there gluing together a fake ID. Until I took it away, she had no idea what my job was or who I was. Makes me laugh. If they arrested every person who had been out drinking and was underage (just from my building alone of 950 girls) the number would be around 400 or 500 on any given Friday night. I feel that until people are arrested, they are never going to learn!!

5. duluthmom says:

BulldawgGirl, I have similar memories as an RA except I was in downtown Milwaukee–the #1 city on the list. The average person in Milwaukee drinks 40 gallons of beer/year.

With an 18 drinking age (at that time) AND the most bars per resident ratio AND a brewery in town, you can imagine our weekends (and weeknights) were rather wild. I once had to throw a very out of control Chris Farley (of SNL fame) out of the dorm…but we still got a great education.

6. Dorabill says:

Atlanta can thank the “Old School” bulldawgs such as myself. But will we keep the numbers up?? This is such a waste of resources. If somebody is old enough to die for their country then they should be able to have a friggin’ beer. This binge drinking stuff is a direct result of the depression and anger from the sense of injustice in the system. Angry people drink harder. Beer = rebellion. WOOF WOOF.

7. emily says:

Well, I think we need to work harder folks. 46th is fine for SATs, but this is for a real title. I, for one, am doing my part. I encourage you to do the same.

8. shep1975 says:

Drunk on life? Come on Buzz…we all know you didn’t get your nickname from Tech’s mascot! 😉

On the other hand, I take full responsibility for UGA slipping out of the top 10 in party schools. We haven’t been up there since I left.

Really, I just want to know why Las Vegas was so far down the list.