Caption this…

Karen Handel and Casey Cagle

From this past Saturday’s “Road to Victory” event. Here are some more pictures.

Clarification: I did not take that picture. 🙂

1. KH: Pretty sure we wouldn’t be here right now if our opponents weren’t two of the most ethically challenged Georgia politicians not currently in prison.
    CC: You got that right.

or

KH: [On running for statewide office:] They don’t teach you this in college.
    CC: You got that right

2. yellowhammer says:

Good God, did CC get that suit from Deion Sanders? It’d take 15 to minutes to button that coat.

3. whitemalevoters says:

KH–Well Casey, how does it feel knowing that you and I cheated white male voters everywhere out of fair representation?

CC–We kicked our white male voting opponents to the curb. Now we don’t have to worry about looking out for white male voters for another 4 years.

4. flamingmoderate says:

KH: Wow, is that a silk suit. Oh, it’s so soft. I love your tie. What are you doing after the event?

CC: [thinking to himself] Awkward…

5. SpaceyG says:

ROFLing!!!! Chris Farris goes to the top of my (short) Funny Republicans list.

KH back at CC: “Casey hon, they don’t call me Karen Don’t HANDLE snakes for nothin’. That’s your act, you wacky Fundy you! Have at it.”

6. IntheArena says:

CC: some call them ‘deer in headlights’. i call ’em x ray vision. where’s gail buckner?

7. MoultrieDawg says:

Oh yes ma’am! I think we’ll both do well in Hazzard County! I was deputy sheriff there you know, and the old Hogg machine is alive and well! Hee Hee

8. gatormathis says:

In true SNL Jon Lovett character…..”Hellllloooooooooooo…………….I want you to meet my neighbor…uh………girlfriend………..uh……..wife…yes, my wife……MORGAN FAIRCHILD. Come right this way….:”

9. atlantaman says:

The captions started out funny and then took a sharp for the worse. I’m not sure what is humorous or even remotely relevant about equating two candidates who could be the first Republicans in their respective statewide offices in over 100 years to an old style Hogg machine – I would think those jokes would be reserved for Mark Taylor and the Democrats.

10. RiverRat says:

Bill, in fairness you much recognize that the types of folks running the state for those 130 years have basically just switched parties to the GOP. A) The state hasn’t changed THAT much; and B) Shall we count the number of leading GOPers who used to be leading Dems, starting with Sonny?

Y’all aren’t that special. Dana Blankenhorn said it well a few months ago. Georgia has always been a one party state, the secret is that is has been the same party. Lots of Georgia Dem officials from 20 years ago would feel right at home in today’s GOP – and most Georgia Republican officials of today WERE Georgia Dems 20 years ago.

11. atlantaman says:

In fairness the two offices referenced are still in Democrat hands and have been for well over 100 years.

12. MoultrieDawg says:

You’re being a little too litteral there atlantaman. I like and support both of these candidates. Think they will both bring good government to the Gold Dome.

My Dukes of Hazzard comment is a reference to what I see as an amazing physical resemblance of Casey Cagle to Deputy Enos (Sonny Shroyer of Lowndes County).

13. atlantaman says:

Good point blazer. Let me revise my quote, “For the entire history of the LG’s office it has been in control of Democrat hands.”