“Put on your yarmulke and celebrate”

I’m not Jewish and I don’t own a yarmulke, but I’m certainly celebrating the defeat of Cynthia McKinney.

As Jason mentioned yesterday, some McKinney supporters are blaming “Jews” for the defeat of their shero.

Hot Air has video of Hashim Nzinga of the New Black Panther Party speaking truth to power on Tuesday.

1. Overincorporated Fulton says:

She’s gone. We wanted her out, and now she’s out. So why is she the subject of almost every new threat on Peach Pundit? Quit giving her loony camp the time of day…she’s not a congresswoman anymore. If you need drama, get HBO.

2. Jace Walden says:

She’s out, but she’s not gone. Cynthia is far to self-centered to let a little thing like a landslide loss stop her political career. She’s going to try to keep her name in the headlines as much as possible over the next two years so she can run for something else. I say give her the time of day, all it’s going to do is make her even less credible.

3. Overincorporated Fulton says:

Decaturguy,

I was waiting for someone to call me on that. It occurred to me as soon as I posted earlier. Good catch.

4. Loren says:

I’ve mentioned this before, but McKinney’s own campaign site has a high-profile front-page link to a piece that says stuff like:

“The rabid Zionists went after her in 2002 and they were successful. Don’t allow these warmongers to win again. Don’t allow them to send another Milquetoast sock puppet to Congress whose loyalties will be to the Zionists and the corporations rather than the people.”

Am I the only one who finds that kind of language equally suspicious as being anti-semitic? Especially when it comes from a site that has posts like this (“It manifests itself in the bowels of AmeriKKKan think tanks, foundations, the mass media, lobbying groups and the legislative and executive branches subject to massive Zionist influence.”)? Not to mention that her official campaign saw fit to cite it prominently, as opposed to it merely being the comments of some supporter?

5. UGAMatthew says:

…and let someone mention something about about an African tribal headress; there’d be a lawsuit quicker than a hot knife cuts butter. Quick someone call Jesse and now, apparently Cindy Sheehan…

The big problem is that she most certainly isn’t done. Her disillusioned attitude that demands the world owes her something will not rest. She’s planning a comeback, that’s no question. What she plans on coming back to, however, will be.

6. Jace Walden says:

The wit and wisdom of Cynthia McKinney…

“Anyone who makes blanket denunciations of Jews or “the Jew” is certainly not a supporter of mine, not a staff member, not a consultant to, nor is welcome to be a volunteer in my campaign. Such people are in fact not living in the real world.”
    –Cynthia McKinney, August 2006

“Jews have bought everyone. Jews. J-E-W-S.”
    –Bill McKinney, August 2002