Martin & Buckner

Gail Buckner, I’ve never heard of you before, but congratulations.

On a serious note, I’m a Cagle guy. But I have to say congratulations to the Jim Martin campaign, which has done great outreach to me and Peach Pundit. Jim, you’ve run one hell of race. You and your staff have been competent, professional, and even nice. Congratulations on your win. You deserved it and you earned it. Best of luck to you and I hope Peach Pundit will be able to give you some good coverage — but as for me and my family, we’re with Casey Cagle.

1. bowersville says:

If you’ve never heard of Buckner it’s because she hasn’t loaned her campaign enough money yet. As of tonight, Buckner has loaned her campaign 245k, coupled with 45K from contributers. Is the SoS office for sale? If it is, Buckner will buy it!

2. RuralDem says:

Congrats to Jim Martin. By far one of the nicest and most sincere politicians I have ever met. I’m glad he did not sink to the level that Greg Hecht did.

As far as the SOS race goes, I was pulling for Hicks since he has local ties, however Buckner pulled it out. Looks like I will not be voting straight Dem in November.

3. GabrielSterling says:

Jim Martin is a true gentleman in Georgia politics. He is a true believer. I went to school with his daughter Morgan. Our politics are about 180 degrees opposite, but he is good person. Granted Casey will bury him in November, but Jim is someone on the other side who you can disagree with, without being disagreeable.

Plus Hecht found “the line” about a mile and half behind him. “killing kids”…please.

4. John Douglas says:

Short of nominating Cynthia McKinney for SOS and Lt Gov, the democrats couldnt have found two more solid liberals than Martin and Buckner. The fall race will likely be a comparison between these two “national democrats” and two true Georgia conservative Republicans who are totally in tune with this state and its needs in their areas.

I believe Casey will make a great Lt Gov and Karen will bring sunshine and openess to an office too long operated in the dark recesses of the capitol, by, for and with the ‘good ole boys and girls” of the Democratic party.

All in all, the Republican ticket from top to bottom is the strongest we have ever had and will be together on the podium come January, ready to take office.

5. Jimbo says:

I am supporting the GOP ticket except for Lt. Governor. There I am supporting the Libertarian Candidate, Buckley.

Reed supporters will not support Cagle in November. Most will either vote Libertarian or not vote on that office to send a mesage about Cagle’s negative campaigning.

6. Jimbo says:

NEVER! How do you think Cagle will fair in November with only 50 – 60% of the Reed vote or even less?

Your candidates took a whipping last night didn’t they landman?

There is a alot of anger at the state senators now…

7. MorganCoGOP says:

Jimbo, I don’t see how Reed supporters can be so IGNORANT. Cagle did not run a negative race, Ralph Reed did. Casey Cagle’s ads and message, just because they portrayed Ralphie in an unfavorable light, were truthful. The smart Reed supporters are on board with Cagle, because they know he is going to be the next Lt. Governor.

Let’s not forget that the Primary turnout was rather low, and a lot of people who didn’t vote at all in July will be voting for Cagle in November. Martin is a Liberal and Casey is a Conservative. The people will get it right in November, just as they did in July. Get over it Jimbo.

8. Jimbo says:

I don’t see how Cagle supporters just don’t get it. maybe it is because they are the ones that are ignorant.

Saying a fellow Republican like Ralph Reed supports forced abortions and child labor is running a negative campaign. That went overboard and Cagle will lose in November.

I know longtime activists that have always voted Republican that are not supporting Cagle. I am sure the voters will start to wonder that if the party is divided then there must be something wrong with Cagle.

Martin will blast Cagle for using his office to become wealthy and other things.

The majority of votes were against Reed not for Cagle. And they there were crossover votes.

I hope you Cagle supporters keep denying facts. You will have a very rude awakening in November…

9. Demonbeck says:

“I know longtime activists that have always voted Republican that are not supporting Cagle.”

Yes, we call them RINOs.

10. RuralDem says:

Well Cagle ran as the anti-Reed. Will he run as the anti-Martin this time or will he actually run a positive campaign? That’s the major question.

11. debbie0040 says:

You can’t seriously think the Lt. Governor’s race will be a clean campaign? That is really funny. Neither candidate will keep that promise.

12. RuralDem says:

I don’t believe I ever said that. What I mean by positive is presenting something more than “vote for me because I’m not Ralph Reed” which is all I saw from the Cagle ads that aired around here. Obviously both campaigns will be on the attack but sometimes you have to do more than simply attack.

13. debbie0040 says:

I see Rural Dem, He will now say vote for me because I am not that liberal Democrat Martin đŸ™‚

14. debbie0040 says:

Have you ever met and talked to Gary? He is very impressive.

Irvin has been in for 37 years. It is time for a change or upgrade so to speak.

15. RuralDem says:

I have never met Gary personally but a few close family friends are also close friends of Gary and think highly of him. I like the thought of a change. Black is the only candidate who can “dethrone” Irvin. Black has had and will have the support of rural farmers (who tend to vote Democrat). It will be a very close race either way.

Supposedly this is Irvin’s last election cycle. If he hangs on for one more term, I do hope Black will run in 2010 as he will be the obvious frontrunner.

16. RuralDem says:

I also like the fact that Irvin has been in office for 37 years. Obviously I am a big fan of conservative democrats. He is one of the few elected conservative democrats remaining in this state.

17. Maurice Atkinson says:

I know there have been some snafus with the new voter ID law, but Jimbo, unless you’re from Dodge County you can only vote once. Ok, it’s stupid humor.