DeKalb County Voters

Good grief.

At White Oak Hills Baptist Church in Stone Mountain, the precinct where McKinney votes, Tony Wilson cast a ballot for her with mixed feelings.
She’s a radical, but she’s ours,

8 comments

  1. Decaturguy says:

    The title of this post should have been “Dekalb Voters Mature.”

    Give us a break.

    She only got 41% of the vote, as in the other guy got 59%. In Dekalb County she only got 46% of the vote.

    Dekalb voters rejected her nonsense.

  2. CHelf says:

    She slipped back in after being slapped around once. Who’s to say she won’t do it again? Three times a lady?

    This woman doesn’t know when to quit. I wonder if she’ll toy with the idea of running on the Green Party ticket for President or VP again?

  3. CobbGOPer says:

    “Throw her body against the machine”?

    I wish she’d throw her body UNDER the machine and be done with it.

  4. debbie0040 says:

    From Opinion Journal’s Daily Diary:

    Exit, Stage Extreme Left

    Cynthia McKinney has now managed the rare feat of being defeated twice as an incumbent in the space of three election cycles. The fiery Georgia Democrat lost her Congressional seat in 2002, won it back by adopting a less confrontational tone in 2004, and last night went down to a landslide defeat in her Democratic primary against county commissioner Hank Johnson. “She had her second act in American politics. I don’t think there will be a third,” quipped Atlanta political commentator Dick Williams.

    She handled her defeat with classic McKinney gestures. Even before yesterday’s vote was completed, she complained bitterly about voting irregularities, saying her name had been left off the ballot in several precincts. After her 59% to 41% defeat became clear, she finally appeared before supporters to the tune of “Dear Mr. President,” an anti-President Bush song by artist Pink.

    Rather than make a concession speech, she used most of her remarks to rail against the war in Iraq, electronic voting machines and the media. “I want to declare tonight that I stand with the families of our hurt soldiers and the hundreds of thousands of innocent hurt and dead Iraqis,” she declared. She never mentioned Mr. Johnson, her opponent, by name. The only graceful note came at the end when she said, “I wish the new representative for the Fourth Congressional district well.” No doubt the voters of her district wish her well as well — but now in permanent retirement from Congress.

Comments are closed.