Timeout

Erick seems to be more forgiving than I am. I’m finding the front page rallying for candidates pretty damn annoying. Actually, because it’s not rallying but mudslinging. You folks know that you’re preaching to the choir here, and your posts are simply designed to irritate the other side.

That’s not what PeachPundit is for.

1. CobbGOPer says:

Clayton, this is why blogging is such a waste of time. No one has anything intelligent to say.

After tomorrow, I’m done reading this and any other political ‘blog’ because there’s rarely any real news and everything breaks down to namecalling and childish foolishness in the posts. No sense wasting time arguing with folks who have the personality and logical thought patterns of a brick wall.

2. Tater Tate says:

Please, please ban those who are simply hacks for candidates from front page privileges. And especially ban Bull Moose. I grow so tired of his holier than thou attitude about his choices.

3. pathfinder says:

When I hear folks whine about some of the discourse here and beat their chest about needed changes to clean up the content, I am reminded about Ronald Reagan’s favorite joke about the boy who wanders into the stable and finds an enormous pile of manure. To his mother’s horror, the boy immediately jumps on to the pile and starts digging. When his mother asks what on Earth he is doing, he excitedly replies, “there has to be a pony here somewhere!”

Botton line, don’t change a damn thing to restrict content. I’d rather dig for the good stuff myself than have someone else decide what I should read. I get enough of that from the AJC and CNN.

4. LINDA says:

If I may add my two cents worth here. That is what writing one’s opinion is all about, and that is what it means to support the First Amendment. If you want an outlet that limits free speech, then read any newspaper in the United States are listen to any talk radio program of watch any of the main stream media outlet. I am only a commenter on this blog, but I truly support the right of anyone that is a front page poster or whatever your terminology is to support their candidate of choice.

The opposition certainly has the right to viciously oppose the written road. I don’t want to burst your bubble, but I do not really think that anyone is reading this blog other than those that already have an opinion about who they are voting for. This is more or less like the characters in “1984” that everyday have a scheduled time out for a hate out session to get their frustrations out and to make sure that they still have the ability to hate. I would hate to see blogging become the next area where novice opinionators and some that are supposed pros begin to practice in the CHURCH OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND CENSORSHIP OF AN EXCHANGE OF FREE IDEAS.

5. LINDA says:

Sorry for the errors in spelling and word choices: My fingers got on the wrong keys, and again I did not proof.

For one in the first sentence I meant to say “written word.” Come on people, you own the keys to the future as to whether or not the future accepts that people that you do not agree with should be shut down on the Internet. You should fight hard for the right to free speech because you are getting to be like those that have trampled on that right from day one!

6. LINDA says:

7. LINDA says:

8. Jace Walden says:

Linda,

I don’t think anyone is trying to interfere with anyone’s freedom of speech here. It’s just about Bull Moose’s last three front page posts saying pretty much the same thing over and over (quoting from Handel’s campaign), only to be countered by Demonbeck (quoting from Stephens’ Campaign). It was getting out of hand. We should definitely argue in the individual threads, but we should not posting individual threads just for the sake of arguing.

9. Demonbeck says:

I posted my thread more in response to Erick’s Anti-Stephens Thread actually, which I guess was posted in response to Bull Moose’s last three front page postings.

I submitted no quotes from anyone’s campaign in my thread. The Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve line was not created by Bill Stephens.

I merely changed the oft-used Adam and Steve line and replaced Karen with the second Adam. I could have just as easily replaced her name with Steve, but then it would have no longer rhymed. And when in doubt, always go with the rhyme.

10. Demonbeck says:

Actually, that was a Cagle campaign line that I manipulated. If Stephens’ is using it as well, then it was without my knowledge.

11. Bull Moose says:

I regret that I contributed to starting this mess. Handel is the better candidate and I think it’s relevant that Stephens has failed to file his campaign disclosure report and that the mailer went out. However, it’s not okay that DemonBeck decided to attack Karen and her husband. That is an act of crossing the line.

12. Demonbeck says:

Bull Moose,

You must have missed my previous post…here is a copy for you here.

Demonbeck said,