Perdue for a New Ag Commissioner

From the tip line we’re hearing that Gary Black is housing a lot of his signs and campaign stuff down in Perry at Houston Fertilizer & Grain Company, which, if memory serves, is owned by a certain resident of Bonaire, GA who now lives up on West Paces Ferry Rd. in Atlanta.

1. grassrootsguy says:

I think it has been pretty clear that Perdue backs Black and Handel. The question is why would he abandon his former floor leader Stephens and Kemp who has also been a strong Perdue advocate?

Why should Perdue, in his own election year, put himself into these races and potentially anger some of the voters he also needs this fall?

2. Ben says:

You think Sonny would keep his nose out of other races since his name is on the ballot. I guess that is the democrat coming out in him.

3. Mike says:

Classy as always Bailey. Stupid queestion too. I suppose it’s not a big deal having an extremely popular governor on your side. Course it would make a lot more difference if Sonny were to go public with his endorsement.

4. Philly says:

It is ironic listening to you Cagle supporters complaining abour Perdue’s involvement.

At least he did not write a letter on Senate stationery asking Kemp not to run and he did not use Senate resources to campaign for Black as the GOP Senators did Cagle.

Ever heard the old saying, “What goes around comes around?”

5. atlantaman says:

I heard through the grapevine that Cagle reimbursed the Senate for the piece of stationary paper that was used to ask Ralph not to run.

6. debbie0040 says:

Jace, I sure hope the voters of the 4th agree with you 🙂 If Cynthia loses, I wonder if she will claim it was a “vast right wing conspiracy” ?

7. debbie0040 says:

I received an automated phone call from Congressman Charlie Norwood about Gary Black. The Congressman talked about how strong Gary’s Republican credentials are and what a good conservative Republican Gary was. He mentioned how Gary worked hard for the Bush Cheney ticket in 2004 and how much knowledge Gary had about Agriculture.

It was a great call.

When voters have to decide who to believe, do you think they will believe Marilyn Gilhuly or Congressman Norwood?

8. Tammi Metzler says:

Debbie,

It doesn’t matter, because at least we know no one will believe a damn word you say, especially after everything you made up in the Cagle/Reed race that never turned out to be true. You owe a lot of steak dinners, unfortunately I’m not one of the ones who will receive one.

9. debbie0040 says:

Tammi, I really don’t care what someone like you thinks.
    Both of my candidates could win tomorrow and yours could lose. Then who will be right?

10. waterboy says:

I have no idea who this Gilhuly is, so I asked a buddy that is active in the Cobb GOP. He was shocked that I asked – he thought she was DEAD! From some of the comments about her working against Gov. Perdue I guess it is just her political credibility that is dead.

I got the Norwood call today too Debbie. It was right on target. Norwood said that when he needs advice on agriculture, he calls Gary Black. That is pretty strong!