Trouble in Kempland Part II

I received the email below from Joel McElhannon, which he asked me to post here to clarify what happened with GON.

The use of GON’s endorsement on a mailing I did for Brian Kemp was inappropriate and I take full responsibility for it. I misunderstood certain comments and used the endorsement when I should not have.

The mistake was entirely my fault. I have called Steve Burch and apologized. Steve is a true leader and in my opinion the most important voice in our state for our sporting heritage. I value his friendship and greatly respect his leadership and personally feel awful that I have caused him or GON any trouble.

Steve has graciously accepted my apology, and has proven yet again how great a man and a leader he is.

I encourage all who read this to take a moment to visit GON’s website, sign up, and become a part of this very worthwhile organization.

1. debbie0040 says:

It is good Joel apologized. But remember this is not the first time in recent history he has put out misleading statements about an endorsement.

Maybe this time he has learned his lesson.

2. Pinetop says:

It looks to me as if this mailer went to GON Subscribers. The question I have is……Did Steve Burch give Brian Kemp his subscription list?

If so, I am canceling my subscription today!

3. Romegaguy says:

So does Kemp look at and approve mail pieces before going out? Did he ok this one or did he not ok it and Joel sent it out anyway?

4. waterboy says:

Oooops…I goofed…please forgive me. GET REAL! This is more of the same from the Kemp folks that distorts the truth. Tell lies about Gary Black all week….get your butt kicked in a debate…and then send out a false endorsement to GON folks. Just more of the same from a the untrustworthy Kemp clan.

Gary Black and his staff have class and REAL endorsements.

5. landman says:

It was a mistake and McElhannon has acknowledged it was so,and has spoken to Steve and expressed his regrets,end of story.Both Joel and Steve are good friends and I know that Joel was sincere and that Steve is smart enough to recognize sincerety when he see’s it.

Pinetop,I hope you do not cancel your subscription to GON because there is not another publication that can touch it in covering the Great Outdoors here in Geoorgia.I have been a subscriber since the beginning and look forward to every issue.

6. whitemalevoters says:

Waterboy,

You are a little bitch. Just like your name implies, you’re always on the sidelines and NEVER on the field where the battle is won or lost. So put your little pocket protector back in, go to the field house and get me a glass of gatorade, bitch.

7. whitemalevoters says:

Tech,

We’re not here to entertain, my friend. We’re here to have our voice heard. White male voters do NOT support waterboy nor his “friend” Gary Black.

8. SOUTHERNCOMFORT says:

Anyone that truly knows Joel can recognize his sincerity, however it matters most that Steve does and I’m sure he does.I support both of these southern gentlemen.

9. techtrack says:

unlike stephens with the $28 BILLION – joel stood up and did the right thing. like i said before i’m for black, but joel did stand up.

i’d bet that right now katie is out trying to find another college roommate to attack handel and make up some other false bullstuff in the closing hours. katie was virginia another roommate?

10. bowersville says:

I’ve been off and on the board struggling all day since the first Black/Kemp front page post came out trying to get my thoughts together. I’m still struggling, however, I will say this: I voted Kemp in the primary (after bouncing back and forth). After reading the first initial post, I was leaning towards voting Black. Then came all the blasts from Black&Kemp supporters. Then Joel’s email. Joel doesn’t know me, but I know who he is and I believe he is a man of character. For anyone to come on this board and admit a mistake shows me great integrity and fortitude. Now I’m hearing both supporters of Black and Kemp blasting away at each other. Now I’m seriously considering sitting this one out.

11. Bill Simon says:

Bowersville,

For goodness sakes, be a man! “Sit this one out”….sheesh.

“I can’t decide….all this bickering between anonymous supporters of each candidate has me so confused…I can’t make a decision…whaa-whaa-whaaaaaaaa!”…

12. bowersville says:

Bill, get off my ass, I had this one figured out until all the name calling and all the whining on both sides. BTW, who the hell are you voting for in this race. All I’ve heard from you is this race is off the screen. Either shut-up or declare! The choice is yours big boy!

13. Overincorporated Fulton says:

You know, the Stephens-Kemp crowd really isn’t very creative with its negative attacks. They call Karen Handel “liberal” because she actually gave two shakes to the gay population of Fulton County in her race for Commission Chair (my gosh! their votes are worth having?) and Gary Black is a “liberal lobbyist.”

How about “largest ethics fine in Georgia history?” I won’t be voting in the GOP primary, but I would think that it would be more important even to Republicans to keep corruption out of the SOS office than someone who is guilty of nothing more than seeking to win an election by soliciting all votes that are up for grabs.

And don’t think that I’m just another Democrat shilling for the weaker Republican nominees. I think Karen Handel would defeat any Democrat…Bill Stephens has got problems. Likewise, I believe Gary Black to be a far more formidable threat to Tommy Irvin than Brian Kemp, having actually set foot on a farm and all.

14. bowersville says:

Well Bill Simon,
    Why don’t you come on and get you some? I’m ready. Make your declaration of who you’re voting for, if you are man enough to do so!

15. Bill Simon says:

Bowersville,

Just to let you know, I don’t spend every waking moment on the Pundit, so, my delay in answering you has more to do with me shutting-off my computer Saturday morning and not re-visiting until now.

I am for Brian Kemp. Satisfied?