Posts of the Year – Final Tallies

Well, I guess the voting is over and done with.  Sorry for the long delay in results.
The “Amen, My Brother!  Testify!” Award for Best Rant goes to:

GAWire for his: “You might not answer to the media, but you do answer to the voters” which got 41.2% of the vote.

The “What the ____?” Award for Most Absurd Post goes to our very own Debbie0040 for her 10-15% Reed Win Prediction.  Congrats Debbie – You got 75% of the vote.

The “Oh Snap!” Award for best comeback goes to JSM for this gem:

DEBBIE:I was suprised it was as close as it was considering the front page posters are mostly moderates and moderates and liberals support Cagle. Not to mention gays.

JSM:Conservatives support Cagle, too. Who does that leave to support Reed? The ignorant?”

He won with 45.9% of the vote.

The Lewis Grizzard Memorial Award for funniest line goes to Demonbeck with 38.9% of the vote for the Ralph Reed songs edging out Erick’s “Praise Batman, He is apparently a genius” which I thought should have won.  I’ll accept the award anyway.

And Finally, for the Paul Coverdell Memorial Award for Post of the Year goes to Demonbeck for the “Judgement Against PeachPundit” post.  In this case, however, I truly believe that Clint Austin’s passioned plea for Cagle/against Ralph Reed should have won.  I guess this proves the voters really are idiots.

And no, jacewalden, there will be no run-offs for those who didn’t get 50% of the vote.

Congratulations to the winners!

1. CynicalGeek says:

Man, I thought I was going to get a honorable mention for breaking the McKinney campaign website non-story. 😀

2. Demonbeck says:

I will be putting my awards on the mantle this evening. You all are welcome to come see them anytime. Wipe your feet before coming in though. Gifts and bribes are always accepted and could earn you the opportunity to take a picture with Demonbeck and the Pundit Awards.

For ease in choosing a proper gift, Demonbeck is registered at Wachovia and Bank of America

3. jsm says:

Thanks for the award, guys. Debbie helped out–she threw the fast ball right down the middle, and I couldn’t help but swing. I have a lot of fun on PP.

4. rugby_fan says:

I CRY FOUL!!!!!!!! FOUL I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no paper trail! Ergo, this election could be rigged!

I demand a recount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Jace Walden says:

Quite funny how Demonbeck failed to recieve a majority of the vote in any category, and ardently defends the reasoning against a run-off…

Quite funny indeed. A little odd. Perhaps Demonbeck is scared to face the voters?

6. Demonbeck says:

I’ll have you know that even though I supported Bill Stephens in the SOS race, I still think that a plurality, 10% advantage and at least 40% of the vote should get you out of a runoff.

7. Jace Walden says:

Demonbeck,

Just look on the bright side, if it had went to a run-off between you and Erick, you could have pulled the whole “I’m the only TRULY Lewis Grizzard funny person left in the race.”