1. JasonW says:

Jeff, as is usually the case, I agree with you….and SHHH don’t tell anybody that I think that, as i’m close to alot of people who would disagree me. But even in Republican Baldwin County, alot of what were hearing is the same ole’ “We won’t vote against Jim.” Anyways, I thought Mac was supposed to retire after his devastating Senate loss.

2. mercergirl says:

I hate it for Mac, he’s a great guy and I think he made some excellent points today.

However, I do know that one of Ellis’s assistants, or whatever he is, stated to someone in the Mac Collins campaign that he would not be voting for Marshall. It’s interesting since some of this guy’s good friends happen to work for Marshall. I just find it interesting…

3. RuralDem says:

Congressman Marshall is a great guy. Unfortunantly he’s no longer my Representative due to the redistricting which threw us back into Congressman Bishop’s district. I really like the fact that he sees through the partisan bickering from both sides. I really hope Congressman Marshall wins this November as he’s one of the few good politicians left in Congress.

I’m right down the road from Macon so we get the Macon Telegraph and it seems like everytime I read it, Mayor Ellis is calling for someone to resign or something. How did he get re-elected?!?!?

4. mercergirl says:

Because everyone who is smart moved to the county where they don’t get taxed as much.

And Robert Brown might run for mayor? I love Macon, my family has been here forever but it looks as if this city is getting flushed down the toliet.

5. John Douglas says:

Marshall paints himself as the best friend the Veterans have ever had. But dont think for a second that if the Democrats win the House, he wont vote for Nancy Pelosi for Speaker. And Nancy is NOT the best friend Vets have ever had. Then there is Jack Murtha waiting in the wings for Majority Leader….yep, the same Jack who has become a knife in the back of the Marine Corps and a Defeatist in words and actions. And the list of radically liberal Democrats waiting to Chair other committees is extremely disturbing to anyone with common sense.

So if you want to bring that scenario to pass, vote Marshall. The Vets best friend, in GA, but just another sled dog in the harness of Nancy Peolosi and Howard Dean in DC.

6. Jeff Emanuel says:

You know, that was my biggest beef with Zell back when he was a (D) Senator. He could vote Republican down the line on issue after issue — but, when it came down to it, he would vote Tom Daschle for Majorty Leader.

7. JasonW says:

Ya know, when Nancy Pelosi ran for House Minority Leader, I think alot of Republicans wanted her. I know this sounds stupid, but who is the one person in the house that can push the Democratic Party so far to the left that even mainstream Democrats couldn’t support her? At the time, that was Nancy Pelosi, and she did a good job of it, until the Republicans started their own gradual downfall. Now it’s a race of which party can turn around and start walking uphill as opposed to the downhill gallop they’re in right now.

8. Romegaguy says:

Whatever Ellis is smoking it is nowhere as good as what Debbie “15 points, Crossover Voters” is inhaling….