Dear John Konop

John, here are some casual observations I’d like to share with you. As you are aware, I don’t know you at all, but here are some thoughts based on what I’ve seen on this site:

It goes without saying that this is a great forum for getting your message out, and that, if used correctly, it can be a tool for slowly winning people over to your side of the argument. Very few honest, right-thinking readers would say that you have NO good points; you could make those points better known, while simultaneously working on persuading people of the validity of your other stances on issues, just by appearing here regularly and laying out your case.

HOWEVER…

…in reading your posts, it appears that you are not using this forum to do that. Rather, you deal in insults which are, in my opinion, unbecoming of a man seeking public support and public office. When insults are tossed out — especially at people’s intelligence (as seen here, here, here, here, here, here, and here) — your message is effectively lost. Why waste time and energy with that, when you can be laying out your points in such a way as to help folks better understand what it is that you are trying to communicate, and why it is that you see things the way you do?

Likewise, your practice of cutting and pasting entire articles as comments (as seen here, here, here, here, here, and here) is not an effective means of informing others of your position. While linking these op-eds, journal entries, and newspaper articles may help support your point of view and your argument, using your own words rather than pasting the text of the article would be infinitely more effective at gaining support for your positions. Votes and support are not generally won by repeatedly proving that you, too, can read the paper.

While this forum can be a remarkable tool for getting your message out and for helping your image and potential candidacy, it can be an exponentially greater tool for damaging both. Few if any people want to listen to, support, or be represented by someone who obviously thinks that he is infinitely more intelligent than them. By coming across as such a person, you are not only alienating potential supporters on this site, but alienating, by extension, potential voters in your district, not only by insulting people here, but also by leaving a written record of your feelings of intellectual superiority over the “common people” here and across the state.

I hope that you will give these suggestions their due consideration. Should you decide to run again in ’08, I believe that you can use this forum as a means of building some support — IF you do not overdo things. I am not a 6th district voter, nor am I an employee of the GOP (nor do I know Bart Brannon, with whom you appear to have a long-standing feud); thus, I “have no dog in this fight,” as they say. However, I not only support the involvement of all who wish to constructively contribute to the political system — whether it be through voting, volunteering, donating, or running for public office –- but, as a conservative first, and Republican second, I welcome candidates and ideologues from outside the system, and respect them “throwing their hat in the ring

1. Chris says:

Ouch. A front-page slam in front of the whole world. I think the guy should have been pulled aside, out of direct public earshot, for something like this.

BTW, are there ever any open threads here?

2. duluthmom says:

My only comment was on the use of cutting and pasting.

I have no problem with someone citing, summarizing, or pasting an especially relevant portion of a credible OP Ed piece or article.

However, I can’t stand when posters merely copy the whole thing (with an inherent message/demand that I must read it). Even worse though is when a lengthy one is posted without any commentary from the poster on why they find it particularly relevant to a discussion.

3. John Konop says:

Jeff,

The facts are the facts. We have saying in business it is what it is. The reason I post other articles is not to seem smarter, but to demonstrate the point. It is fine to have opinion , but can you back up your point.

As far as politics , the point is not about me . it is about your future. I am only doing this to give you a wake up call and make you think. If you think the system is working for your future and Demonbeck is right it is fine with me.

The strange part is you are argueing with guy on your side. My only vested interest is you and my kids future. Yet I leaned at a young age you can show the horse the water , but you cannot make him drink

By the way you guys are talking , it is making you think.

As far as getting the word out it is up to you ,not me.Once again it is your future ,my kids ,not mine at question. The real issue do you have the guts to question the system?

4. GAWire says:

Wow, Konop did have a lot of negative (read pointless) things to say. It’s a wonder why no one paid any attention to him.

Konop doesn’t seem like a bad person … just not a very crafty politician. There are a lot of things that he probably could have gained some more support on; however, the way he went about trying to gather support wasn’t effective.

Here is a little tip: bashing an incumbant Congressman who has received a great deal of Party support and had a successful first time, pleasing the far majority of his constituents, is not the best strategy. Moreover, acting this way certainly will not help you build for future opportunities.

Bottom line: there was no way Konop was going to beat Price, whether you like him, hate him, or just don’t care. It wasn’t going to happen.

However, this race could have been a launching pad for future opportunity. I would have recommended Konop run with a humble attitude of leadership and reform (since those were some of the main, but purely communicated points of the campaign). He should’ve known – or someone should have told him – that he didn’t have a chance in the world of winning … this time (there wasn’t a poll in the world that said there were enough 6th CD voters that would turn on Price). But, he could have used this race to boost name ID, put his issues out there, educate the voters, etc. Then, when Price is ready to move on, or perhaps something will happen in the future where he doesn’t run or loses popularity or whatever (two yrs is nothing in the world of politics – anything could happen), Konop could have been in a good position to take the reigns.

Instead, he came out hard, bashing, criticizing, under-cutting, etc in a race where there was simply no chance.

A little strategy, patience, and humility would have been better tools for Konop, which could’ve paid off tremendously down the road. Instead, I think he burned too many bridges and essentially shot himself in the foot.

live and learn …

5. GAWire says:

>>”””I am only doing this to give you a wake up call and make you think.”””

Uh, John, buddy … call me crazy, but that’s NOT the kind of thing voters want to hear. As a veteran of campaign politics, let me give you a little bit of advice, and I won’t even bill you for it: I recommend keeping that to yourself.

FYI, voters don’t like people telling them they need a wake up call. Polarizing voters and undermining their intelligence is NEVER a good idea.

6. John Galt says:

Mr. Konop,

Two points here:
    1) Now would be a good time to be contrite. You were just soundly defeated in the GOP primary, and Jeff just offered you the most constructive of criticisms on how to be a more effective communicator. You would be wise to listen and learn.
    2) There are no points given for proper punctuation and English here, but points are surely taken away, at least subliminally by the reader. Try not to get the fingers in front of the brain.

7. Jeff Emanuel says:

As I said,

That’s one great thing about the internet — just link the article, and we can go read it. 🙂

8. John Konop says:

Jeff,

You are right and I will do that in the future.

Gawire,

I was out spent 20 to 1 and still got close to 20% of the vote(a no name).In the business world if I was Price,you would not be happy with that result.

As far as my future it is nice of you to give the kind words. At the end I did this to get the message out ,end of story.If it works fine , if not I keep working. It may seem strange to you but this was not a play to get into politics.I may be wrong, but I only did it to warn people.

As far as spelling I am sorry ,but I am on the phone at the same time doing this.By the way I was better in math than english.

9. BB says:

Damn Konop, Jeff takes the time to offer very good points about why many folks find you to be an egotistical, abrasive guy and you respond by being egotistical and abrasive. If you stop for one moment trying to showoff your self perceived intellectual superiority and reflect on how to do better next time, you might have a legitimate chance to win whatever position you seek.

You ran in the 4th most prosperous congressional district in the U.S. Do you really believe a message of doom and gloom will somehow resonate with enough voters to get you elected? Take a breath dude, accept the reality of the situation…you’re not in Toledo anymore.

10. GAWire says:

>>”””At the end I did this to get the message out ,end of story.If it works fine , if not I keep working. It may seem strange to you but this was not a play to get into politics.I may be wrong, but I only did it to warn people.”””

I’m not bashing you here … just telling you that if this is your motive, then you will not be successful in politics. As good as “making people think” sounds … most people don’t like being told they need to think, as if they haven’t been all along. If that’s what you want to do, then that’s your perogative (sp?), but it just isn’t going to get you far in politics, and you are going to spend a lot of money, time, and energy on a meaningless effort.

A lot of conservative GOP peaple probably agree with you on a lot of issues, so those efforts don’t have to be meaningless. I would just recommend going about them in a more effective manner. I mean, if you are going to spend all that time and money on such an endeavor, shouldn’t you aim to do it more effectively, even if you are just trying to make people think?

Bottom line: I don’t think you are doing this just to raise awareness and all that crapola. I think that is an out for you … an excuse or reason as to why lost … to give you the ability to look at the results, and all the time spent, etc and say: “Ah, no big deal … at least I got people thinkin'”. You care … the question is, how much? If you really care, then you will put your own pettiness aside, drop the bashing, and cheap shots, and put your effort where you can be effective.

11. conservativecore says:

Hey John,
    One question, upon your total and complete thrashing elections night did you have the courage and character to call Congressman Price and congratulate him and offer your support and help in the coming general election?

12. IntheArena says:

John, In far too many words he’s saying, step back in line, and prefer the status quo.

Thank you for avoiding ‘politics as usual’. People do need to be encouraged to rethink the norm. Making people feel uncomfortable is what leaders do; very rarely is a politician willing to do that.

13. conservativecore says:

Arena
    He made no one uncomfortable and ran a horrid campaign. He wasn’t sure if he was running against the party, Tom Price, Bart Brannon or anyone of many other targets he chose.

I am all for politics of the unusual but have a coherent message and know your audience, and don’t be so condescending.

14. GAWire says:

Let me also interject something … where in the world did all of this controversy b/t Konop and s/o named Bart come from? No, wait … stop the response right there. I don’t care and guess what, no one else does either.

Check your baggage at the door. Drop your petty little disputes with people who don’t represent the voters, and certainly don’t bring your personal controversy to challenge a respected incumbant. That’s like the fourth bit of free (albeit obvious) advice I’ve given today … perhaps you should expect a bill in the mail.

15. John Konop says:

Gawire,

I am sorry you took what I said as I do not care. The truth is I do care about our kids future.

I far as the plan I was working hard on a business at the same time. The truth is a group of us always saw this as a way to get the message out,

The strange part is much of the district was undecided four weeks before the ellection.We were shocked by us being 10 to 15 points down at that point.. Are strength was with engaged voters.The issue is they repersent a small percentage of voters.Also many voters got turned off by the two main races.The part that was interesting was they saw all of it as negative not by party.Yet the people who got our message did not see it the same as the two main races.

I am sure the Price people saw the same thing. That is why they spent tons of money at the close changing the topic to children issues. That was very smart on his part.

I would estimate around 70% of the voters did not know me. By the way in cherokee we got close to 30% of the vote.The more they knew the message, more votes The issue was how to get the message out with limited money,time and staff.

In looking back we made lots of mistakes. Yet must experts said we could not get more than 5 % of the vote. Based on the 20 to1 spending ratio. And the party working against us.

As far as the future , I will just keep pushing the message.Yet I am working hard on business deals. I am very bottom line and upfront. This may not work out in politics. Yet alot of people told me they like it. I am who I am.

You have always made thoughtful postings. I may not agree with you at times , but I do respect you.

16. DTK says:

Konop,

You’re clueless. You ran in one of the richest congressional districts in the country, a district with an unemployment rate of less than 3 percent, and yet your only ad highlighted the outsourcing of jobs to India. Talk about not knowing your audience.

As for getting 17.7 percent of the vote: who cares? Yes, you were outspent heavily, but another no-name got 18.5 percent of the vote against Mac Collins, a congressman with more than a decade in Congress, who has represented a large portion of the current 8th District at one time or another, and who also has run a statewide campaign.

The truth is, Konop, that any person who put his name on the ballot against a congressional incumbant would have gotten at least 15 percent of the vote. You and James Harris did slightly better than this.

The difference between you and Harris, though, is that Harris had enough sense not to waste $75k of his own money on such a quixotic journey.

17. conservativecore says:

John you didn’t answer my question! Did you call Congressman Price and congratulate him and give him your support for November?

18. John Konop says:

conservativecore,

I have a question . Since you support the Highway Bill, Energy Bill,No Child Left Behind…… Can you tell me this works with the CCRP mission statement ?

The Cherokee County Republican Party (CCRP) stands for fiscal responsibility, lower taxes, local control of schools, property rights protection, traditional family values

and decreasing the size of government.

It is not expected that every member will agree 100% with all issues. But, by joining the CCRP, the member understands they have joined a party whose members overwhelmingly support the above principles.

Member also agrees with the premise that less government is better than more government and

local government is more accountable than the federal government

19. conservativecore says:

Why are you answering my question with a question? Are you afraid to admit you don’t have the class or character a real competitor has? John be a man, do the right thing and congratulate the victor. That is what we do in politics. And who said I was a member of CCRP? That would be Bart

20. Mrs. Adam Kornstein says:

Here’s my issue, I’m over anyone who runs for a national office without first running for your state house district or your state senate district. or dog catcher or class presidnet.

That’s egotistical.

This goes for both parties. There is a reason people call it “paying your dues”.

Probably part of why RR lost too.

21. John Konop says:

conservativecore,

Are you saying you are not conservative ? As a conservative defend the votes ,if you can. If you cannot you answerd your own question.

22. conservativecore says:

Again you have not answered my question. If you find the courage to answer my question I will then dignify your question with an answer.

23. John Konop says:

conservativecore,

I say it one more time. Defend your congressman Tom Price votes or support on the Highway Bill, Energy Bill,Pay Increase,10 trillion debt,No Child Left Behind, Drug Bill with a 9 trillion dollar furture IOU………. If you do a good job showing me the light how this is conservative, I will support Tom Price.

24. BB says:

Peach Pundit Understatement of the Year Award should be added with this nomination – “This may not work out in politics.” — John Konop.

25. conservativecore says:

John trying to distract everyone from the fact that you are a man of little character and class by asking me a question in response to my question won’t work.

26. conservativecore says:

Ok this is a better place for my last post

I am curious how many folks who actually work on campaigns thell their clients when they lose to do the right thing and call the victor? Is that not what is expected any longer?

I have John a simple question which he refuses to answer and Jeff thinks I should leave him alone. The fact is this is a full contact game and when it is over like good competitors we should all congratulate the winners, period. Am I wrong. There are many of you here who have eluded to the fact you work on campaigns. I would love to hear your opinions

27. John Konop says:

John Konop said,
    July 27, 2006 @ 9:05 pm

conservativecore ,liberal to the bone,

I did call Tom Price and we had a short nice conversation. He did not ask for my support.

As far as my support, if you can show me the light that by Tom Price voting or supporting the Highway Bill, Energy Bill, NCLB,10 trillion dollar debt…. is a true conservative I will support him.

Why not show courage and say who you are ? What is the big deal ?

28. John Konop says:

conservativecore & liberal to the bone,

conservativecore said,
    July 27, 2006 @ 9:07 pm

Half a loaf is better than none at all I guess
    The rest of the question was “did you offer your support

29. BB says:

Come on Konop, just endorse Sinton. Your doom and gloom message is perfect for an Air America candidate.

30. conservativecore says:

While I do not agree with all of the votes that Congressman Price has cast, and I have told him so personally, I believe he is best suited for the job given the choices in front on me on the 18th. John your condescending attitude and your lack of social skills make it hard to listen let alone support you. Also your isolationist behavior is frightening, if we were to follow your example and suggestion Ameirca would shut itself off from the world. The fact is that our influence through trade and otherwise is the best weapon we have. Free and open economies are a tool for trade, just as it was in Germany not many years ago. In fact what I heard from you was more similar to the teachings of the unions in this country. The fact is the unions have driven corporations and companies to move off shore. I know this first hand having watched it in the garment industry as a child growing up.

So call me what you will the facts are the same and your rhetoric while curious is best suited for the party of your father and your brother. At least they were hones about who they were.

Still half a loaf

31. John Konop says:

conservativecore & liberal to the bone,

Bottom Line.

Do you agree with your congressman Tom Price that the Energy and Highway Bill are “sound fiscal policy” and why ?

Do You agree with your congressman Tom Price that No Child Left Behind is “good for Georgia” and why?

Do you agree with your congressman Tom Price that the Drug Bill “over all was good” and why? By the way, how can we afford the 9 trillion IOU put on our kids?

Do you agree that your congressman Tom Price should of voted himself a raise after running up the debt close to 9 triillion and why?

lets us first focus on spending.

32. conservativecore says:

aw you hurt me with your harsh invectives and cutting intelect. Buffalo Bill your wit has gotten better since you stopped sewing, moved out of your “partner’s” basement and really focused on being the best you can be.

33. John Konop says:

conservativecore & liberal to the bone,

Lets see if you are liberal or conservative ? This will show that you are liberal pretending to be conservative.As I said the biggest problem with the Republican party are not Democrats, it is we do not have enough Republicans.

Bottom Line.

34. BB says:

Konop, you should refer to the top of the page where your personality was assessed by a unbiased source. I for one am glad you don’t get it, never will get it and therefore will never represent any part of Cherokee County as an elected official.

Endorse Sinton Konop, add him to your list of dem contribution recipients. Most importantly, please take your own advice, “This may not work out in politics”.

35. BB says:

I answered them long ago Konop, check your consultant’s website. Also Tom answered them during your debates and got 82.3% of the vote with such a horrid track record.

Details??? You can’t handle details! Jeff nailed it with his no cost personality analysis that started this thread. You and I have discussed details ad nauseum.

36. John Konop says:

BB

You think that Tom Price ‘s answer that all the pork deals are “good fiscal policy” is correct. In that case You are the poster child of why we are 9 trillion in the red. You are the poster child of what is wrong with the me first generation that will destroy this country.And please do not ever tell us how you are a conservative. I challange anyone to defend you as nothing more than a borrow and spend liberal.

37. BB says:

Konop.

Show me where Tom Price said “all pork deals are good fisal policy”. Put or shut up loser.

For someone who has funneled money through dem candidates back to Cynthia McKinney, you have a lot of nerve calling anybody a liberal.

Your doom and gloom lost. Your Chicken Little campaign came to a crash ending just like I said it would when you were predicting 40% or even a victory. You have about as much credibility as McKinney at a Bar Mitzvah.

Why don’t you just accept reality and help build the Cherokee Dem party Konop. Your armageddon message would play well with those folks and they are used to dealing with wackjobs.

38. Bill Simon says:

BB,

Is there a pork bill out there that Price hasn’t voted for?

In fact, in the Cherokee County Party debate right before the election, Price grandly bragged about all the money he brought back to his district. Whereas, a REAL conservative would look at that largesse and declare “We should give this back to the taxpayers via tax cuts and let them spend the money as they wish.”

But, no, sadly, people like you, Bart, celebrate the receipt of that money just as much as if a Democrat had the position and was doling out dollars to you.

39. John Konop says:

BB,

You were at the debate when Tom Price said the highway Bill and Energy Bill are “sound fiscal policy”

The conservative Hertiage guys called this pork. Read for yourself. This would make you a liberal sending kinda guy since you are for the pork. Unless you can tell us how this is not pork.I can give you other links that are simular for the Drug Bill, No Child, Pay Raise………But you got your hands full here.Conservativecore was smarter than you BB , because he knows he is wrong.

Energy Bill

Highway Bill

40. John Konop says:

BB,

Are you voting for Sonny or Cagle ? They both gave money to Dems. As I said at the debate I love my wife, and my money is her money.Why you want to keep bringing up her donations I do understand. Now if you do not support Sonny or Cagle I get it. By the way I am voting for Sonny and Cagle.And I do think Cagle will do a fine job.

By the way I am sure you check out my Republican Regerstration all the way back to South Dakota.

41. BB says:

Why do you lie and hide behind your wife Konop? The disclosure report of Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur shows a contribution from John Konop, Canton, GA, not Dana Konop, housewife as is the case where she gave money. http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?24991391786

Question for you: Is there anything at all good about America in 2006?

Congressman Price worked with Senator Isakson to increase the percentage of transportation money coming BACK to Georgia and the 6th District raising it from around 83% to over 91%. Would Konop have just said keep all of it because it is pork even though the money came from taxpayers in GA? Brilliant! Stick with your own advice Konop, this politics thing just ain’t your cup of tea. LOL

42. John Konop says:

BB,

My wife used my credit card big deal.

So what you are saying is if we did not spend the money on pork we could not get our 8% more of our money. Bart and you wonder why we are 9 trillion in the red. Your answer demonstrates your are liberal to the bone.

As VC of the CCRP please explain how Tom Price’s vote is part of the mission statement.

and decreasing the size of government.

local government is more accountable than the federal government

43. JasonW says:

If your wife used YOUR credit card, I think that means that you essentially made the donation, as you get the bill for the credit card, and you likely pay it (if it’s not directly withdrawn from your account) so, wouldn’t you be making the donation…? Not that I really care, just thought i’d mention that.

44. John Konop says:

Jason W,

My wife is a stay at home mom. I have two kids and she has done a great job. As I said if you think that is a big deal you should not vote for Sonny or Cagle.I think it is a dodge from you , Bart and conservativecore of answering the question. why not you give it try ?

Bottom Line.

45. JasonW says:

Ok, According to Keynesian economics, Running a deficit is not a bad thing, in fact, the result of increased productivity caused by more people working due to the fact hthat money is being funneled into the economy offsets the monetary costs that running a deficit causes.

46. BB says:

BS,

Please explain how it is supporting redistribution of wealth to get more tax money paid by Georgians back to Georgia. I would argue that Georgia’s status as a donor state when it comes to road money is redistribution. Congressman Price and Senator Isakson reduced the amount of redistribution by keeping more in GA. Sorry if this logic exceeds the capability of your intellectual capacity.

47. BB says:

Konop,

Then the filing is illegal because you are listed as the contributor including occupation. You might want to let your friend Congresswoman Kaptur know she violated FEC regs.

I know it usually takes at least 5 posts before you answer a simple question, so here goes #2 — Is there anything at all good about America in 2006?

You constantly bitch, but what would JK do about the transportation bill? Energy bill? NCLB & Prescription Drug Bill (incidentally both passed before Congressman Price took office)? If (God forbid) you were a congressman, how would you have stopped any of these pieces of legislation all of which passed with big majorities. Your constant bitching is stale, WWJD? Would you support giving 100% of GA fuel tax money to other states? Come on Konop, enlighten us backward ass hillbillies with your superior intellect.

48. John Konop says:

BB,

You have two concepts mixed up.

The pork that Tom Price and you support is in the Highway Bill, Energy Bill………
    . And that is a key reason why we have a 9 trillion dollar debt and growing.

Energy Bill

Highway Bill

The issue about the amount we get back in the Highway bill is a seperate concept. Unless you are making the point that a conservative congress would but in pork to get back tax payers money.This would be an economic race to the bottom if this is how we balance the budget.

As far as bringing up real wages and spending issues. You cannot fix a problem unless you are honest about the issues.

The fix will only come when enough people demand change.

Bart as far your question about America it is only a game to change the topic from your lack of defending out of control spending. You should stop reading the CCRP mission statement if you support the out of control spending. Why not be honest and say you support borrow and spend big government with international and federal control.

49. John Konop says:

BB,

My wife used my credit card. The way the MC/VISA system works you have to fill out the person’s card information or the transaction will not work. I do not think this is fraud.As big government guy you would rather have this investigated rather then your friends hiring illegals immigrants.

50. Bill Simon says:

Bart, give it up. Go tear-down some Mary Wilhite signs…you are too stupid to be able to debate John with any semblance of logic other than “Your wife gave to a Democrat!”

What a putz you are, Bart. Or, as I once referred to you as, a Walking Turd.

51. BB says:

It took you and your overpaid consultant wannabe four posts to avoid answering simple questions.

For the third time (staying with the topic of this string) — Is there anything at all good about America in 2006?

BS — Too stupid? Walking Turd? Stop it, you’re killing me..LOL! Once again I provide this link to help you develop beyond humorless 2nd grade name calling…I’m only here to help — http://www.jeffjustice.com/bio.htm

52. Bill Simon says:

Bart,

The “return” of the money paid by the district’s taxpayers was NOT returned to the individuals who paid the taxes. It was returned in the form of a block grant that distributes the money to “projects” within the district that may or may not directly help the taxpayers of those taxes.

So, in essence, it operates exactly as a redistribution of wealth within the district. I’d rather have my tax money returned to me, and I’m certain others would as well rather than rely on some government bureacrat to take my tax money and use it as he sees fit.

Do you now get it as to why it IS a redistribution of wealth, Bart???

53. John Konop says:

Bill,

Bart is a big government RINO, why would you think he would understand? As I said , Bart needs to change the mission statement of the CCRP.And say before the CCRP meetings that VC BART supports borrow and spend big government with international and federal control.

If you answer the question in full I will answer your Steve Sinton question. Come on Bart show us how smart you are.Do you want everyone to know that all you got is talking points?

Bottom Line.

54. John Konop says:

BB,

Eric pointed out unprincipled conservatives on REDSTAE is he also on your hit list. I guess not because RINOS are about politics not issues.

55. stephaniemills21 says:

Jesus Christ, will you guys just whip it out and see who is bigger and end this.

56. BB says:

Konop, cough so BS can whip his out.

BS, of course everybody would rather get a big tax cut, but that is not the issue relative to the transportation bill. Are you calling on congress to return all fuel tax money back to those who pay in lieu of maintaining, expanding and building roads? Interesting idea…why not just abolish fuel tax and just privatize all transportation projects.

57. John Konop says:

BB,

Try focussing on answering in full the questions. Or just admit you are a big government out of control spending kinda guy. And say before the CCRP meetings that VC BART supports borrow and spend big government with international and federal control.

Bottom Line.

58. BB says:

Konop,

For the fourth time, (staying with the topic of this string) — Is there anything at all good about America in 2006?

59. John Konop says:

BB,

You are wrong, read the thread the question first was about the CCRP mission statement and spending. Which you and your buddy conservativecore have avoided at every turn.Changing topics from my wife……….. Why not answer the questions ? Only a RINO would be scared to answer the questions.The VC of the CCRP cannot defend your congressman Tom Price on his voting record and statements?

By the way,your next question was about Steve Sinton. which I said I would answer if you answer the questions in full.One more time here are the questions.

Bottom Line.

60. BB says:

Never mind Konop. It doesn’t matter anyway, you lost — 83% agreed with Congressman Price including myself. Your message of doom and gloom was soundly rejected…do you blame your wife for that as well?

BTW, Sonny proposed major tax increases, raised GA’s budget over $2B, negotiated with China to attract new business relationships and pandered to teachers with an unnecessary $400M pay increase. How do you reconcile those acts as the self annointed proponent of fiscal conservatism?

61. John Konop says:

BB,

The deference is simple Sonny balanced the budget. Tom Price voted to put us 9 trillion in the red.You will never agree with anyone 100% of the time. Yet guys like you and Tom Price who support this borrow and spend big government are killing the future for our kids.

Selfish me first liberal spending thinkers like yourself have a hard time with this concept. Read the the book the GREATEST GENERATION and you might learn something.

62. BB says:

So you agree with raising taxes, increased spending, heavy borrowing, wiping out accumulated savings and pork barrel pandering as long as the budget balances (which by law must happen in Georgia unlike the fed). You are a walking, talking brain fart.

63. John Konop says:

BB,

So let me get this straight you think Sonny is a liberal who balanced the budget.

Yet Tom Price is conservative who voted to put us 9 trillion in the red ?

And Tom Price is against Pay As You Go and eliminating earmarks.You realize when Newt put in Pay As You Go, we had balanced budgets.

The bottom line is what counts. Do I 100 % agree with the last budget , I already said I do not. Yet Sonny did not put us in the red.

As far as education teachers pay raise was needed. In fact I would propose to cut adminastrative cost in half and use it to get more teachers and pay higher wages.

The biggest waste in education is due to the bill No Child Left Behind(federal). This is the bill Tom Price said is “good for Georgia”. The results is lobbyist ,Publishers got rich at the expense or our kids.I guess you like the federal government one set fit all education system that takes local control away and drives out of control cost.

Bart face it your a big government liberal spending ,international and federal control kinda guy. You are the poster child as to what went wrong with the Republican party.

64. BB says:

This is one more reason for you to accept your own advice, “this may not work out in politics”. You don’t understand the difference between one guy of 435 vs. one guy as de facto CEO. Face reality Konop, the 15 minutes is over, you lost, your agenda was overwhelmingly rejected and now it’s time to move on.

Been a real blast, time to end this string. Go back to what you do best, creating credit card debt, selling information and enriching Arab royalty.

65. John Konop says:

Bart,

Your logic is Tom Price is not responsible for his voting record or support of pork bills that has us 9 trillion in the red , because he was only “one guy of 435” congressman?

Bart the CCRP VC supports lack of any fiscal and personal responsibility. You really got to work on a new mission statement for the CCRP.

66. conservativecore says:

Wow there’s Buffalo Bill’s razon with again. Did precious tell you to say that or maybe it was your “partner”

67. Demonbeck says:

We ought to periodically come up with threads like this, so the trolls can duke it out endlessly and the rest of us can go on about Cynthia McKinney.

I can’t believe I am going to say this, but – I miss Cagle-Reed.

68. John Konop says:

conservativecore and liberal to the bone,

Why not try to focus on the subject?

Bottom Line.

69. John Konop says:

Demonbeck,

Why not you give it a try to answer the questions ?

Bottom Line.

70. Demonbeck says:

No, I am just not going to get baited into arguing with someone who refuses to listen to logic or common sense. It’s a waste of my time.

71. John Konop says:

Demombeck,

The real reason is you are holding an empty hand and I called.Face it you cannot defend Tom Price and his voting record or support of pork. All you can do is attack me on a personal level.

72. Demonbeck says:

Sure John, you are completely correct. I have done nothing but attack you on a personal level and I have nothing to argue with.

All this, despite the fact that I went over and over with you on trade with China without once making any comments about you personally – even after you constantly claimed that I know nothing about business. I think that you are getting me confused with other people who actually cared about your attempt to unseat Tom Price.

73. John Konop says:

Demonbeck,

My point about business , was to understand why you could not factor the concept of supply and demand via labor with your comments on China.I did not mean it to put you down , but to understand your level of knowledge in business and economics. Second when I talk about terms like ROI I am not sure you know what I am saying. Finally the reason I told you to check out economic blogs so you would see concepts beyound talking points from experts on all sides of the topic.

I would say calling me a “troll” would be a personal attack.To challange your knowledge is different then a personal attack.

At the end you should care about any Congress person that is part of this out of control spending in Washington.At the end this will effect your life more than Cynthia bad behavior,

74. Demonbeck says:

Arguing with you is like fighting with a tar baby.

That’s meant as a compliment, not a racial slur.

75. John Konop says:

Demonbeck,

In business the ROI is the score card used to decide how good of a deal the investor got or hope they will get.

As a tax payer you are a investor in the trade deal with China.

: Your money with U.S. tax dollars used to invest in overseas sweatshops via Import/Export bank and World bank.

Would we have had a better ROI investing in U.S. companies using the money here to create jobs.Would we do better by not letting China steal 200 to 250 billion a year in I.P. theft a year via our trade deal.

Factors to think about.
    : 60% of displaced workers never replace the original income. A factor in why the average rate of tax dollars to payer is going down.
    :We pay social cost food stamps, heath- care ,job training…… Fastest part of budget growth and is out of control.
    :We are close to 1 trillion in debt to communist China.Interest on debt is the second largest expense and rate are going up due to uncontrolled debt and spending.
    :Our trade debt with China is 250 billion and growing.Most economist have warned us this is out of control.
    :Health-care,childcare,college cost,energy… all growing 2 to 4 times faster than wages

I could give more information, but I think you get the message. So my question you keep saying China is good for our economy. So show me how using ROI to demonstrate your case ?

76. portman08 says:

John,
    Why don’t you create a website called PRICEWATCH post information on Tom Price. After 1 year you would have enough information regarding how he votes where his loyalties are, ect. and then hire a high profile ex-politician or individual to help raise funds.

77. John Konop says:

BB, Demonbeck,

Still working on the ROI question ? Come on show me your skill,” logic and common sense” in economics and business. My guess no answer.

As a tax payer you are a investor in the trade deal with China.

Factors to think about.

78. John Konop says:

Demonbeck,

The truth is you do not have anything to argue with other than personal attacks. You and BB always go personal when your are caught holding an empty hand.

You cannot get anymore bottom line than ROI. You and Bart want nothing to do with going beyound talking points.Facts, data , concepts ,truth…if they do not fit
    what you say , personal attacks.

You and BB , do what Cynthia is being called on the carpet for. BB(Bart) when arrested ,he blamed the police. When you got caught not knowing the topic or details you blame me.

If I am wrong about the ROI and China trade, show my “blatantly disregards reality” If not we all know the truth.

79. John Konop says:

Demonbeck and BB,

This might help you understand how you answerd my questions about spending and trade.

Blame is when one entity assigns responsibilly for an action or event to another entity. Blaming may often involve diverting responsibility from oneself. Lying is often involved in blaming, although of course it is possible to assign blame to someone using truth perhaps however selectively applied. For example, someone could be correctly blamed for hitting someone else, and charged with assault, but the motivation, say a prior assault by the individual claiming harm, might be concealed. Thus the scope of time and events and interactions considered is a pre-requisite to any assigning of blame

80. Bill Simon says:

John,

Pardon me while I enter the discussion from a “business” standpoint. MAYBE the individual companies who are doing business right now with China receive such a tremendous amount of return on their investment in China that they don’t really care about the macro-economic effects down the road of their business investment. Is that possible?

81. John Konop says:

Bill,

That is a big problem with companies driven by short term earnings. The bigger issue is multi-national corporation buying off the system to create monoplies. Bill O’ Reilly has made this point about the oil industry.

O’REILLY: It is not competitive. There’s six companies. It’s not competitive at all.

The same concept works when you have slave labor controlled by a communist country. How is products made by a communist country with no laws sold by monoply style companies capitalism ? We all know why this is going on ,just look at the lobbyist who buy off Congress. This was not what Adam Smith called free-market economics in Wealth of Nations.

82. whitemalevoters says:

John Konop,

Whitevoters supported your opponent, Tom Price in the primary. We wish we would have supported you. We didn’t realize that you were a white voter.