Don’t Be A Litterbug!

A great idea from the tipline today:

Open thread. Starter topic: Lazy campaigns who have not cleaned up their signs. Discuss.

1. GAWire says:

I thought about this yesterday as I passed a number of signs that don’t need to be up still … I saw Reddy signs, Cox, Reed, etc. Oddly enough, I saw a lot of runoff candidate signs removed, i.e. Kemp.

2. conservativecore says:

What is really bothersome is those who continue to sit and post, Konop/Simon who refuse to clean their mess up.
    Others seen
    Cherokee County
    Mike Byrd
    David Waldrop, including the ones on the telephone poles
    David Farrow
    John Konop
    Bob Greer
    Cox
    Cobb County
    John Konop, again
    Johnny Woodward
    Daffy and Taffy Rice
    Fulton
    Yet more Konop signs
    Mark Smith
    Reddy
    Cox

3. conservativecore says:

Oh wait yeah Reed lots and lots of Reed as a matter of fact there are as many Reed signs as Konop signs. Wow the similarities, short ego-maniacal, big time losers who don’t clean up after themselves.

I never noticed how similar they were til right now

4. Jeff Emanuel says:

I’ve noticed a good number of Reed and McBerry signs around — a couple of the McBerry signs, in Sandy Springs, were at least 15 feet up on telephone poles. I mean, eye-level I can understand…but who are they going for there, low-flying aircraft pilots?

5. blazer says:

Jeff, don’t you know anything??? 🙂

The flaggers are expert sign placers… There are still hundreds of “Sonny Lied” signs on lightpoles from 03-04…. I don’t know if they all know how to climb a pole… take a GOOD ladder with them, or what but they can put a sign up and it will stay. I guarentee!

6. Demonbeck says:

You could probably still find some Boot Barnes signs in the trees off of I-16 around Dublin

7. Chris says:

I pick up Cagle and Sonny signs when I see them. They don’t need to bleach in the sun till Nov.

8. RuralDem says:

I still see a few Cox signs, including one huge sign on a hill on my drive to Columbus. I’ve seen a few Greer and Reginald Pugh signs as well in Columbus that haven’t been picked up.

9. rugby_fan says:

I saw on 185 s at the same exit a Scott Holcomb and Ray McBerry sign. As a collector of political paraphernalia I would have stopped to collect the two signs as they were the only ones I saw of either candidate. Alas, I missed my exit for the airport and had a passenger.

10. Jason says:

Demon,

Unfortunately, McBerry and I live in the same county. I saw quite a few, though I figured there would be more.

11. jacewalden says:

This is only sort of related.

During the entirety of the primary race and even now, I am yet to see a Mark Taylor (or any other Dem) sign in Fannin.

12. Bill Simon says:

ConservativeCore,

Eat sh** and die. It’s not “my campaign” you frigging moron. I can post on here ALL DAY if I want. Go grow a pair of balls, or get a pair implanted so you might have the guts to post under your OWN name.

13. waterboy says:

Reed definitely needs to clean up signage. It is really annoying. Also noticed that some sign areas have been totally cleaned up – ALL the signs, including those in runoffs. That’s a bummer.

14. shep1975 says:

Still a few Reed and McBerry signs here in Kennesaw.

I like the guy in downtown Kennesaw who has the Civil Wa…excuse me….War of Northern Aggression shop and had put up a big 4×4 McBerry sign at his place right next to the KKK flag he has hanging from his shop. The sign, not the flag, is down now.

And city leaders wonder why there’s no development in downtown Kennesaw!

We also have a ton of County Commissioner candidates signs that need to go away too.

15. Brian from Ellijay says:

BS is such an intellectual.

Jason, I do not think downtown Kennesaw is looking for more development. I believe the KBA is actually tyring ot slow it down as to get a handle on the traffic situation first. But all that being said, it was not the KKK flag, but the Battle flag. Get it right man.

16. bowersville says:

“BS is an intellectual,” are you accussing Bill Stephens of being an intellectual? Good grief, I have to laugh.

17. shep1975 says:

Downtown Kennesaw is dead. Compare it to the Marietta square or even downtown Woodstock.

And he has several flags including: A battle flag, the 3rd National flag of the Confederacy, the 1956 GA flag and a KKK flag. You get it right.

18. conservativecore says:

Buffalo Bill Simon that is why you will always be a political hack and a loser. Keep stroking precious and I guess you traded your sewing machine for a computer. Easier to find the little boys to make a pattern out of I guess. Get off your fat a#@ and finish the drill you whiney never could have been hack

19. fallenfromgrace says:

“PeachPundit lets users post hurtful things about Georgia leaders anonymously and has almost three million visitors each month.”

Sorry – nice isn’t exactly what Billie Boy had in mind when he started this. Can’t take the heat – stay out of the kitchen.

20. Demonbeck says:

Hey! That quote was taken from a blog that shuold have never been taken seriously.

I reject your use of it in any manner other than to ridicule a fellow blogger.

21. Riley says:

Im tired of seeing all those old Cathy Cox signs, all of her soccor mom supporters still can’t get enough of her and I have had enough of them.

22. Bill Simon says:

FallenOffATurnipTruck,

I wasn’t the one who “started” anything on this board. Go talk to Con-thervativeCore about starting something.

23. conservativecore says:

Buffalo Bill are you sure your “partner” would let you find out? Are you threatening me? Did you get permission from precious?

Anyway I was in Rome yesterday and can’t begin to name all of the folks who have yet to clean up their signs.

Maybe we should post email addresses of all offenders so that we can relay are distaste for their laziness

24. Demonbeck says:

If you two don’t quiet down back there I am going to turn this car around and go right back home!