The Hill’s 50 Most Beautiful People

What does The Hill’s “50 Most Beautiful People of Capitol Hill” contest have to do with Georgia politics?  Absolutely nothing.

However, it does illustrate just how small and ineffective Washington, D.C. can often be.

After reading about so many 22-yr-olds claiming they “like to play softball in the Mall” and “are looking to meet their mate at an Adams Morgan bar,” I once again understand how 535 offices on the Hill can manage to get absolutely no meaningful business done.

At least we now know how many times some no-name Member’s press secretary changes her hair color, though.  Am I being too cynical?

1. GAWire says:

I also forgot to note that none of Erick’s elected “crushes” made the list. I wonder if Cathy Cox would be a contender if she were to spend more time in DC …?

2. GrandOleDawg says:

Republican’s swept the top 5. If that won’t sway you’re political affiliation, I don’t know what will.

3. GOPeach says:

hummmmm

Did you guys catch that Michelle Persaud
    who works with the Democrats is often
    thought to be Perisan.

Did you catch that there are people
    in the democrat party speak Fasri????

4. GOPeach says:

Jeff-

I know it’s Farsi.
    That is what I said.

People on THE HILL in DC with the Dems
    are approaching Michelle ( thinking she is Persian)
    and speaking FARSI.

Did not realize that there were so many Persians
    in DC now ( among Dems).

5. GOPeach says:

With the recents threats from Iran.

I just thought it was a little odd having people
    INSIDE the national’s capital speaking FARSI.

I am uncomfortable with that.

It’s a little too ” keep your enemy’s closer”.

6. Jeff Emanuel says:

I speak Arabic, and make frequent trips to DC. Do you have a problem with that? Korean as well — same language as Kim Jong-Il. Seriously, Peach, you have to be kidding me. I WISH I spoke passable Farsi (and, for the record, I corrected you because you accidentally said “Fasri”), and, if you don’t think language skills, and knowledge of the languages of both your friends AND your enemies, are important — well, it’s not the first time I’ve been glad you aren’t a decision-maker of any type.

7. GOPeach,

I would be more concerned about politicians who speak in the language of “bullshit” than “fasri [sic]”. It’s a known fact, that ALL federal level politicians have to be fluent in Bullshit. It’s not too hard though, for most of them, it’s their first language.

I’m glad Megan Kendal from Fox made that list! She should have been number one.

8. Demonbeck,

The ONLY reason I watch Hannity & Colmes, is because she does a lot of the reporting on the Duke Rape Scandal. And she always has that look…Oh, Megan!