The First Annual PeachPundit Awards

Okay, I probably should have asked Erick about this before posting it on the front page, but it’s my first post on the front page (On top of the world, Ma!)

He has to cut me some slack, because I don’t know any better right?

Anyways, after weeks of infighting leading up to the primaries, what I think this blog needs is a little levity to heal some of the wounds created during those weeks.  What I am proposing is not entirely fleshed out in my mind, but I figured I would give it to you, my fellow PeachPundits to help me figure it out.

Here’s the idea:  We need to have an awards ceremony celebrating the best and the not-so-brightest on these boards – allowing us to laugh at ourselves and relive some of the fond memories we’ve enjoyed during our time here.  We should have awards for stuff like funniest poster, Poster you love to hate, Best Poster, Poster you constantly disagree with but who is always right, etc.

After we come up with the categories, we can start our nominations.  I have my suggestions, but let’s hear yours.

1. GAWire says:

Also: “Poster Most Likely to Post While Drunk” and “Posters With the Lowest Billable Hours” etc …

2. Demonbeck says:

Funniest Line, Best Front Page Poster, Biggest Incumbent Supporter, Biggest Incumbent Hater

3. Bill Simon says:

Demon,

Good suggestions, but I recommend you change the word to “blogger” as opposed to “poster” for the awards.

As far as my ideas for nominations, here are a few:

– Most Rabidly Looney Blogger
    – Best Blogger in all categories of style, substance, reliability of staying on point.
    – Blogger You’d Most Like To Meet in Person
    – Hottest Female Blogger
    – Hottest Male Blogger
    – Blogger With The Most Misspellings
    – Best Republican Blogger
    – Best Democrat Blogger

4. Demonbeck says:

In order for the contest to be more fair, perhaps it should be “Hottest Male Blogger (aside from Demonbeck)”

5. Demonbeck says:

I would win that too, but Bill Simon may give me a run for my money. You should know last time I saw him in drag, he was with you.

6. The Busdriver says:

GOPeach gets the “Timothy Leary Lifetime Achievement Award” for her revolutionary battle to free herself from the bounds of reason, grammar, and rationale thought.

7. Jeff Emanuel says:

“Okay, I probably should have asked Erick about this before posting it on the front page”

Demon, my friend, one thing I have learned in life is that it is often much easier to ask FORGIVENESS than to ask PERMISSION.

Busdriver — nice!

8. Bull Moose says:

Best Mouthpiece Award… for the blogger that best serves as the campaign online mouthpiece…

What about, Best Head in the Clouds blogger? For the candidate so detached from reality that their head must be in the clouds

What about Agitator of the Year? For the blogger that best stirs the pot

Oh Demonbeck, it’s good to have you on the front page…

9. The Busdriver says:

Ok, GOPeach just sent me a tersley worded response to my post:

Budwiser, your sanddwhich is cooked

Ms. Blige says, you need a wife
    Need to be one

It’s Thersday, but ti ain’t over yet
    Ralph will rise again

Don’t count them checkens
    Cause he’s a judge and well all be on

Jesus shines on you
    But the sun is brighter more on me

We pray for Blige
    You and me think

He’s comning for you
    I’m sooo happy to votte

GOPeach

10. GAWire says:

Jeff, that’s the motto that could explain a good portion of my actions. It’s appropriate that we’re in politics!

Oh, and it should be:  “Better to BEG for forgiveness, than ask permission!”  🙂

11. HSC Republican says:

Why do I think Peach Pundit will never be the same with Demon and Bull Moose both with front page posting. It is a good day for Peach Pundit and the entire blogging communtity!

12. Bill Simon says:

Slight oversight, Jase:

Best Libertarian Blogger

MORE AWARD CATEGORIES:

– Best Front Page Blogger
    – Most Evolved Blogger (i.e., one who started off blogging like an idiot and improved with experience)

– Most Hated Blogger

13. jacewalden says:

How about:

–Blogger Most Likely to Post Under 4 or 5 Different Psuedonyms

–Blogger Most Likely to Owe Half the other Bloggers on PP a Steak Dinner

–Wittiest Blogger

–Poindexter Award (for the Blogger who is constantly harping on spelling)

14. CHelf says:

I’m going to steal some ideas and rename them and even toss a few of my own in here –

“Chief Stirrer of the Wooden Kool Aid Spoon” Award
    “My God’s Better Than Your God” Award
    “Depends On What the Definition of ‘is’ Is” Award
    “Amen My Brother! Testify!” Award
    “Let Me Log Out and Change Names” Award
    “You’re Really Bill Simon Under Another Name” Award
    “You’re Not Christian! I Hate You!” Award

I can keep going but I don’t think we’ll have enough bloggers to fill them all…

15. GrandOleDawg says:

I was a tireless defender of Ralph Reed, but whoever wrote “The Ballad of Ralph Reed” should get something. Even I have to admit, that was clever. I forget who it was. I had a nice version of Daniel Powter’s “Bad Day” written up for Casey after the primary…but I guess that’s not worth much now.

Here are a few ideas I had:

-“Cheap-shot of the Year” Award
    -“What the ____ ?” Award for most absurd post
    -“Read me, I need to feel important” Award for blogger who most shamelessly plugs himself in his post

16. CHelf says:

“I Supported Them The Entire Time” Award
    “Our Polls Are Always Right, The People We Polled Failed To Show Up” Award
    “I Want My Money Back” consulting award
    “Did You Know Candidate X is the Anti-Christ?” auto dial Award
    “I Kiss Sonny’s Rear Better Than You” Award

17. rugby_fan says:

I got an award:
    doesn’t want to show his own beliefs so he just remains obective while blogging.
    who would that go to…

18. GOPeach says:

BM ( oooops I mean Bull Moose) 🙂

Let’s change – “Most absurd poster award”
    to ” Most Fun to Read Award” -GOPeach

Politics can be so dadgum intense Bull.
    You need Peach to make you chuckle.

19. tobin smith says:

How about the biggest winner who is the biggest loser award?

That would have to go to Cagle because although he won with his negative campaign, he will not win in November when we all stay home.

20. CHelf says:

“Take My Ball and Go Home” Award

“David Boies Says Cagle Stole Election” Award

“I knew Ronald Reagan – and you are no Ronald Reagan” – inspired by BahamaBoy

“You’re a Liar and I Have No Proof” Award

“I Love Gays More Than You” Award
    and to go with that for the Dems
    “I Don’t Want Gay Marriage. Do you?” Award

21. rugby_fan says:

how about: an award for the RR supporters Best Way to Make Sure Dems Retain an office: Be sore losers.

22. The Busdriver says:

Tobin, “we all?” Was there a small pool of 8 to 10 Christian voters that Casey failed to win over?

23. The Busdriver says:

Tobin, was this you the other night?

From 11 Alive News

7/18/2006 10:00:40 PM

“An uncomfortable moment just unfolded here in the Intercontinental Hotel Ballroom when a supporter of Ralph Reed began to yell obscenities in the general direction of the media.

The comments were not too poingant and were clearly just a result of a true Reed backer venting. But, it still brought a hush upon the crowd that made for an tentative few minutes.

24. Jack S says:

Biggest loser so far has been matt towery. A poser pollster who was more interested in kissing ralph reed’s ass at the end of the race than offering any objective analysis. The guy’s a joke.

25. The Busdriver says:

Towery. Agreed. Lame. Bet that’s the last time he polls diners at the Sbarro at Discover Mills.

26. GOPeach says:

Budwiser-

That was Art Morris, one of most power Jewish lawyers in the
    country. He is no body to mess with. He could care less about
    ” being nice”. Art is making a plan and Ralph will be back.
    You’ve not seen the last of Ralph Reed.

27. Demonbeck says:

A power Jewish lawyer working for Ralph Reed? That makes about as much sense as a doorbell on a motorcycle.

28. BahamaBoy says:

Ralph knows TWO Jewish lawyers? My, my.

Maybe one of them can help him get acell close to his Jewish buddy Jack Abramoff in the federal pokey.

What the hell does Jewish have to with anything, Peach? Jews vote for Democrats, don’t they?

(for all the rest of you, that was a joke. But watch Peach run with it and give me a sermon about loving my brothers, even the Jewish ones. Oops. Didn’t mean to write about “loving my brother.” They sounds sorta gay. Can’t be siding with the gays, or getting behind their agenda. Oh, there I go again: getting behind.” I just better leave it at that and let Peach go on and dress me down. No, I didn’t mean to say dress me, I meant . . . Oh, you folks know what I meant.)

29. Demonbeck says:

I am so flabbergasted by your last post that I have decided to respond in multiple choice. Pick which answer you think is correct.

A) “Lots of Jews supported Ralph.”
    Yep,
    Here’s a list of Reed’s Jewish endorsements:
    Jews for Jesus
    Rabbis for Ralph
    Rabbitzens for Reed
    Talmuds against Tolerance
    Hasidics for Hate

B)”Lots of Jews supported Ralph.”

Yep, they wanted to return to the good old days of wandering in the desert.

C)http://www.funehumor.com/images/fun/confused.jpg

30. GOPeach says:

Demon & B-Boy …

You guys are actually funny.
    I am seriously laughing over here.
    This is good.

Finally a lighter day on PP.
    Whhhewwwwww.

31. Dorabill says:

Would this make GOPeach a rabid Ralphite or a Rabbi’d Reedite?
    (I absolutely could not pass that one up. No agender here.)

32. GOPeach says:

Dora-

I am most definitley a Rabbi’d Reedite!!! 🙂

We conservative voters of faith ( Jew & Christian alike)
    love Ralph Reed for many reasons.

We can graciously “loose” to Mr. Cagle.

BUT we will not ever allow anyone (not even Mr. Cagle himself)
    to ever tell us that anyone is guilty by association. Nobody is
    guilty unless the courts declare them so with a charge !!!!!!!

Ralph was NEVER charged and will not be.

Honestly, we have been completey floored by the ignorance
    in the Republican Party. How people can be so gullible and
    brainwashed by rhetoric and loose all logic of legal
    proceedures.

This m.o. has spooked us concerning Mr. Cagle and we will
    not be at ease with his ploys. It will be interesting what happens
    until the next election. Ralph Reed will prove in time, he was
    falsely accussed by Cagel and Cagle will look like the big bad
    wolf. People will rally behind the underdog ( even the CC Blacks)
    They relate to this more than anyone!

If anyone on PP thinks that Cagle destroyed Ralph Reed’s
    chances of advancing in the GOP, you have another thought
    coming. I believe you have awakened a sleeping giant.

It’s not the winning that bothers me about Cagle. It’s how.
    Not good. And the more ” na na na na na” ( thumbs in
    the ears wiggling fingers) comments that “Reed folks”
    see on blogs makes them resist “the moderate agaenda”
    that seems to be raising up it’s ugly head belittleing
    the foundational issues that concern us.

Shalom Out! 🙂

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Cagle will
    not be able to pull off the general with out some serious
    schmoozing of the Christian Conservatives ( AKA Reed’s base).

33. Demonbeck says:

“Nobody is guilty unless the courts declare them so with a charge !!!!!!!”

That kind of logic put Jesus on the cross.

34. BahamaBoy says:

Peach, you of all people should know better than to stick yourself on the line with “Ralph was NEVER charged and will not be.” Your husband is a judge, and surely he would urge caution until all the investigating agencies have completed their work and presented findings to their superiors or to grand juries.

As I’ve posted before, the only reason Reed was not charged with a crime in Texas was because the two-year statute of limitations had run. There most definitely was evidence that he committed the misdemeanor crime of not registering as a paid lobbyist.

Whether the rest of the Abramoff-Scanlon-Reed mess results in any more legal trouble for Ralph is an open question. To say that he is out of the woods now is simply wishful thinking.

The civil RICO case filed against Reed last week in Texas will not be settled quickly because the Indian tribe that Reed and Abramoff bilked wants his hide (or scalp, as the case may be). And I suspect there will be other civil cases brought to recover damages from Reed. Whether criminal ones are out there is very much an open question.

35. Demonbeck says:

There is a big difference between being innocent and being acquitted. Just because Ralph was not charged, does not mean he was innocent by any stretch of the imagination.

36. duluthmom says:

I agree with Demonbeck who said:

“There is a big difference between being innocent and being acquitted.”

OJ is the perfect example of that statement. I believe Mr. Reed’s legal problems are far from over.

37. Dorabill says:

Peachy darling. I’m not part of anybody’s m.o. and there’s only 3 people on the planet with my viewpoint: Me, myself, and I. I’ve never met either Candidate and the only reason I showed up here is because RR is a “national figure”. Personally I’d rather be reading about events pertaining to the G-8 summit. And I don’t know squat about GA politics to be honest. But I do know one thing. Mabe RRs problem here in Ga. was he came head to head with alot of free thinkers. And mabe the real frustration from the Reed Camp was he couldn’t keep more Christians on the plantation. As for our Jewish bretheren do you guys really think you’ve got the market cornered there? I’ll make a deal. Quit bringing up this revenge stuff and mabe I’ll just go away out of boredom.

38. GOPeach says:

” B.S.”

The judge married me for my heart.
    Something that you may not understand. 🙂