Runoffs

Black v. Kemp (we’ll call Black the winner now)

Handel v. Stephens (we’ll call this one for Handel now, too)

Hecht v. Martin (we’ll call this one for Martin now, too.)

Buckner v. Hicks?? WTF?? Who is Buckner?

1. bowersville says:

It’s time for Stephens to go away, Fulton and Gwinnett are just coming into play and both are strongly trending towards Handel.

2. bowersville says:

Well damn, just damn. My county of Hart went Handel first and Bailey second and Stephens third! Just DAMN! “Best little town by a dam sight!”

3. StevePerkins says:

Having helped to stop Reed on the Republican side, my only regret is that I’m not eligable to vote in the Democratic primary runoff to stop Hecht. To the two or three Democrats who read PeachPundit, you gotta drop that sleazeball.

4. Groseclose says:

Kemp needs to concede defeat in the coming days, through his support behind Gary, and allow us to avoid a very nasty and costly run-off.

5. newgeorgian06 says:

Bill Stephens just said he is the “only conservative left in the race” for SoS.

Is Karen Handel not a conservative?

6. bowersville says:

Bill Stephens is an egotistical jerk who will say anything to get elected. To ask if Karen is conservative? She worked in the White House for GHW Bush. BS and that doesn’t stand for B Stephens. Stephens is not a conservative, he openly campaigned for none other than that great conservative, Bill Clinton. Has somebody shared those pictures with Stephens and Clinton?

7. newgeorgian06 says:

Hey, didn’t Clinton win Georgia in 1992? (j/k, I know that was eons ago politically)

I’m not sure who the Bailey and Martin camps are… which way will they break?

8. MorganCoGOP says:

I got off the phone with a person from Kemp’s campaign not long ago and they feel good about a runoff. They believe they will be able to get out the vote better than Black will on August 8.

9. bowersville says:

If Bill Stephens is really interested in the advancement of the Georgia GOP, it will not matter, he will drop from the race. If Stephens wishes to advance his own selfish cause by demanding more PAC money, let him continue. We all had a candidate and cause in this race. The PAC money went to Stephens, the individual Georgian money went to Handel, Bailey and Martin. So you decide which way Georgians will break.

10. Demonbeck says:

Stephens and Handel are a lot closer than Black and Kemp. If Kemp pulls out, is Stephens pressured to follow suit?

11. bowersville says:

Well, let me ask you this, Handel currently has 43% to Stephens 33%, how the HELL do the demographics favor Stephens? I don’t hate the man, even though I strongly object to his campaign techniques, but please explain to me how he wins in a run-off. Good grief, all he wastes is time and money for the November general for the GOP. Yes, I’m a Handel supporter, but it’s about the November general now, not STEPHENS!

12. bowersville says:

No Demon, the money and support will dry up for Stephens and Handel will win a costly runoff by a dam sight!

13. MountainThinker says:

Bailey will back Stephens…I know the man personally. As for Martin ??? I’m also told that the legislators are switching gears from Cagle to Stephens for their next push. I think you’re going to see a HUGE up-tick for stephens in rural georgia, plus I expect that every Non-Handel vote in metro ATL, especially in Fulton Co., are going to Bill. Ever see the movie, “Days of Thunder”? Get ready to watch the man in 2nd draft and pass! Mtn Voters Backed Cagle against the pretender, and we back a real agri-businessman Gary Black against a sincere & well-meaning, but under-prepared legislator. Now we’re going to put one of our own in the Secretary of State’s office!

Stephens ’06!!!!

14. MountainThinker says:

I would prefer it to be a signified debate on principles and policies, because I know Stephens wins that debate hands down, but if a fights gonna come, I’ll take Bill in a tight spot any day. After all, he’s not afraid to admit who his friends and foes are.

Bill Stephens -> Only cnadidate endorsed by GA Right to Life
    Karen Handel -> Only Candidate supported by the Gay, Lesbian, & Transgender Alliance

I’ll take Bill Stephens with his PROVEN leadership, his willingness to take a stand, and those solid conservative principles we work hard to instill in the North Georgia Mtns! I know Bill Stephens well, and I know he shares and fiercely believes in those principles.

I’m supporting Bill Stephens, because backbone and conservative principles matter!

15. bowersville says:

MT, Bill is a prick, and I grew up in mtns of Habersham moved to Hart in ’95, so if Bill has a backbone, let him challenge me , in debate, nothing physical, even though I’m 6’6″,240, with his lies. Let him debate me with his solid conservastive values. I’ll take up the mtn issues, where’s Bill? You want to take up gay, accuse me in person!

16. Bull Moose says:

Stephens has run an awful campaign from day one and needs to step aside.

No, I do not think he wins the runoff. He ran a campaign based on personal destruction and tonight, we all saw that Georgia voters rejected the politics of personal destruction.

I surely hope that Bill Stephens will lose. I hate to say it, but he’s got that ethical taint that we don’t need and, yeah, he’s a jerk.

Plus, Karen’s so much more qualified and personable.

17. Brian from Ellijay says:

A lot of Cagle supporters have been calling me, they say the focus has now shifted to electing Stephens. The Senators share this sentiment.

Karen had a lead in the primary because of Senator Shafers brilliant move to increase voter turnout in Fulton county–Johns Creeks City vote. This will not be the case in three weeks.

Stephens 06