Returns Open Thread

Polls are closed.  Returns are coming in.

What do you think?

In urban areas, so far, it seems the night belongs to Casey. It is the rural areas where there is a fight. But, the night is still young. Moore is beating Reddy at this stage.

—-

Casey is doing well so far in Cobb County — very well. He’s also leading in Fulton.

—-

Has the constant punching in Ralph’s face paid off? Casey’s won freaking Pulaski County, folks!

Please your bets. Will there be a runoff for the Dem’s Governor race?

—–

Don’t look now, but Konop is getting slaughtered by Price? What was that about Price being so nervous he had to run ads?

——

I don’t see how Ralph can pull this out. I think we’ve got Lt. Gov. Cagle. Someone better put some cinderblocks on Joel’s head.

1. Dignan says:

Looks like Cox and Taylor is going to be very tight.

Cagle is looking strong though I am not sure where Reed’s strength is. There doesn’t seem to be a big difference between rural and metro Atlanta counties so far in the returns.

2. MorganCoGOP says:

I thought Reed would be stronger in South Georgia, doesn’t look like that is the case. If Cagle can continue to win Metro ATL then he has it.

3. MorganCoGOP says:

Is there a mistake in the numbers from Columbia County? I thought that was a heavy Republican area.

4. str8tfromtheheart says:

Reed isnt looking too good right now. Cagle is showing right now just how much he has been on the rise….There is still a ways to go.

5. MorganCoGOP says:

63% reporting from Cobb –

Cagle – 11,263
    Reed – 8,949

Cagle total – 24,856
    Reed total – 20,175

6. jacewalden says:

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC:

Guys, I mean this with all my heart. We have been fighting and fussing with eachother for months now. I say, sometime next week after we’ve had time to cool down, we all go out and get knee-walking, moon-howling, commode-hugging drunk. Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, hell, even the Social Workers Party folks. Let’s get so trashed that we don’t even remember who ANY of the candidates are. Who’s up for it? 🙂

7. str8tfromtheheart says:

I hope whatever happens at the end of these races that people win with dignity and they lose with dignity……Theres been alot of smack talk going down but hey thats the nature of the game. Just gotta let it go one way or the other.

8. bowersville says:

Okay, I’m following Farris, and now rjhatl. Does anyone know of a live blogg at the Reed camp?

9. str8tfromtheheart says:

From what Ive been hearing…Cagle should dominate Bibb county. Im curious to see how that goes once they come in

10. MorganCoGOP says:

I would love to see the Dems go into a runoff. Sonny can just sit back with his 11 million and laugh.

11. Broty says:

I’m really surprised at how well Cagle is showing this early on. It will be interesting to see what Gwinnett’s numbers look like once they start coming in (and where are they?). If Cagle stays close to Ralph in Gwinnett (or better), it could be a bad night for Reed.

I’m also surprised at how close the Rep. SOS race is at this point.

12. Oz says:

So what are the GA primary rules. Do you have to get 50% to avoid a runoff or some lesser amount.

13. MorganCoGOP says:

Don’t forget to factor in Hall County, which should produce a lot of votes for Cagle.

14. Oz says:

Which means we’ll get a runoff for sure in the Democratic Lt. Gov and Democratic Sec of State races.

But, of course, the Dem Gov race is where it would be best to see it. Taylor currently at 50% though.

15. gsublh says:

It’s 9:21pm….As a voter for Reed…this thing is over…Congrats Cagle team! Metro Atlanta is his, Reed has SE Georgia, but Hall and Jackson Co. eliminate that gain….I dont see it firming up at all.

16. Mike says:

Off the subject, but the DOA race sure isn’t looking as tight as I thought. Gary’s up 43-27 over Kemp.

17. Oz says:

Yep … I think in the morning, it will be time for those of us who were Ralph supporters to write him a quick email urging him to get behind Cagle — strongly and quickly.

If he does then he will essentially have the possibility of a second chance down the road.

18. gsublh says:

If Reed cant win this thing, I dont know what he could run for and win, Gwinnett is shutting him out and he friggin lives there. East Georgia hasnt come in yet (Augusta area) and he does well there, bust as of 9:30 and 31% in he has to make up 11,000 votes..and Im not sure its there, I bet we’ll know by 10pm

19. politicalwidow says:

Debbie–where are you?

It’s over. Cagle wins…by now the only question is by how much.

20. Oz says:

jace … gsublh … time heals a lot of wounds … I know its impossible to imagine right now, but trust me.

21. Groseclose says:

Gary is certainly pulling away. Unfortunately, we may not avoid a run-off. Kemp is closer to Strickland and Greer in votes than he is to Black.

22. mercergirl says:

Oh I’m so excited! I didnt know how things were til I got on here, because of course my local news isn’t covering it.

23. Dignan says:

FYI – Hank Johnson is leading Cynthia McKinney 49% to 42%…..I can’t believe that people voted for that jackass John Coyne…..they may be the reason this ends up in a runoff. Morons!

24. Broty says:

Anyone have thoughts on the Republican Gov. primary? With 45% of precincts reporting, does almost 13% for McBerry signal trouble for Sonny or is it just the Flaggers making noise?

25. gsublh says:

Havent heard anybody talk about the major red flag foe Kathy Cox,the incumbent only getting 65%….if she goes head to head w/Majette right now she loses…..she must be freaking out….very poor showing tonight

26. Dignan says:

If the 4th District goes to a runoff, there should be hell to pay for that jackass interloper Coyne from Alpharetta coming down here to my district and screwing things up.

27. rjhatl says:

I agree with dignan. I’m starting to wonder if Coyne was really a McKinney supporter the way he’s obviously throwing the race.

28. gsublh says:

This Coyne fella..needs to move away from Georgia,period. Cynthia was just on TV holding Cindy Sheean’s hand…mugging her in front of the camera…good Gawd!

I can’t believe the stomping that Reed just got…this is a hard lesson (pill) for him to swallow, maybe he can go after Norwood’s seat one day when he retires. But,I’m sure most of you are pleased, he’ll never run statewide again.

Handel looks good on TV, she is a real asset to the party.

29. Groseclose says:

Two comments:

As far as Joel’s head and the cinder blocks: The thrashing that Gary Black gave Brian Kemp should be somewhat humbling to Joel.

Second, in House District 144, Jimmy Pruett (R?) beat Wayne McGuinty (R) by 2:1 margin in their efforts to replace Terry Coleman. I question Jimmy Pruett’s Republican credentials because he gave $6,000 to Cathy Cox before he decided to through his hat into the Republican primary to replace Coleman after he announced he was not running again. Needless, to say, I am disappointed in Wayne’s showing and very cynical about Jimmy Pruett’s GOP credentials. I guess we will see.

30. The Real Sporer says:

Viewed from afar, Ralph Reed seems way too smart to be D-O-N-E. He seems like a pretty smart operator who maybe got just a little to close the man in the black hat.

This Abramoff stick will probably go away and you might see Ralph on top again.

But hey, lots all get together behind the winner and kick the Dems’ collective a***s in the Heart of Dixie and the Heart of America.