Random Surveys

I’ve been calling randomly around the state this morning to get an idea of turnout. It seems that right now there aren’t a lot of people out — sure they are there — but just not a steady, heavy stream it seems.

1. Demonbeck says:

I did have second thoughts about posting it, but figured most of us in here wouldn’t care…and frankly, they’re my base. I could care less about those who would be offended.

2. kingmaker says:

What impact does early voting have on turnout? Are the early voting numbers made available? If so, it would be interesting to know the percentage of voters who cast early ballots. Sounds like a good idea for a poli sci term paper/research project…

3. debbie0040 says:

I just spoke to a co-worker that voted this morning. He said turnout was very light. He knew I was a Republican but had no idea who I supported as far as Lt. Governor. I asked him who he voted for for LT. Governor and why he voted that way. He said he voted for Reed. He also stated he was undecided and chose Reed because Cagle ran the most negative campaign and it has been his experience that when a candidate does that they are hiding something.

4. Bill Simon says:

I just want to say…I miss the robo-calls. My home seems so much emptier without the constant ringing of a phone and me wondering if this call will be someone who really wants to speak to me, or just another call from Zell about his fwiend, Walph Weed.

5. debbie0040 says:

I spoke to another co worker that voted in Dekalb. She votes at a Republicaqn precinct but everyone had Democrat Ballots to vote against McKinney. She said turnout seemed a little heavy at her precinct

6. Jeff Emanuel says:

Debbie, with all due respect, I just don’t see a co-worker of yours not knowing who you support for LG. How long has he been working there — since this morning? 😉

7. BahamaBoy says:

Ditto Jeff! I’ve seen Debbie work a room, and she always sports at least three Reed stickers, including one on her purse.

A “co-worker” had “no idea who I [Debbie] supported as far as Lt. Governor.”

Birds of a feather work together — at the Clueless Factory!

8. Bull Moose says:

Jeff, you and Demonbeck are hilarious!

Bahama Boy, you’re almost there with them!

The three of you are just great!

It’s been good blogging with you.

9. BahamaBoy says:

It’s been a real pleasure for me to blog here, too! I hope to meet some of you tonight at the Gwinnett Arena. I’ll be the one with a big smile on my face!

10. duluthmom says:

I voted around 11:00 (with kids in tow) and my husband voted at 1:00–both of us were in and out in 10 min. It definitely was light at my polling place. (Cagle signs previously there were noticeably missing.) My friend who was working there said they’d had about 200 voters.

11. northside elephant says:

Duluthmom,

Reed’s campaign ran out of yard signs so they just started taking down Cagle’s. I heard that they destroyed part of Gwinnett.

12. duluthmom says:

That’s sad. Any Cagle people reading–Hull Middle School could use a couple of signs since Reed had about 8 there.

The funniest intersection by far in that area is Peachtree Industrial/Sugarloaf Parkway. It is a virtual sign war; or at least it was a couple of days ago.