1. Demonbeck says:

YES! Another successful tip from Demonbeck!

This is a big night for the Republican Party. This is an official declaration that the dominance of the Christian Coalition in our party is now over – statewide and in rural areas as well.

2. bowersville says:

No, we have not abandoned the Evangelical Right, the Evangelical Right abandoned us by backing the hypocrite and inducing the name of the Lord in the endorsement!!!

3. GeorgiaBoy says:

While yes, Kay was supported by the GA Christian Coalition and lost, I think the bigger issue is how she was treated by House “leadership.” If she and Pat Tippet hadn’t done what they’d done for as long as they’d done does the Speaker really think he’d be Speaker today? I think it’s pretty low to not only not support, but recruit and fund opposition to someone like Kay Godwin – regardless of her ties to Sadie or the GA Christian Coalition.

4. Bull Moose says:

These people displayed a level of hypocrisy that is almost unbelievable. At least the overwhelming majority of voters agreed tonight. Honestly, I would love to have real Christians of value involved in politics, but please, leave the religious demagoguery at home.

I sure hope that this means the exit of some of these people from being involved in the political process.

5. Maurice Atkinson says:

Kay is a wonderful person. I met her while working on Herman Cain’s campaign. She’s a real trooper.

I agree with much of what the Christian Coalition represents, however, they have no business in this race. They are supposedly non-partisan. Be honest with the people and call a spade a spade. I would much rather see a conservative caucus of some sorts that operates to influence our Party.

6. Bill Simon says:

Kay Godwin not winning means (for the umpteenth time in history) that some people are cut-out to be candidates and some people are just cut-out to be candidate-supporters.

All the whining about what people like Godwin and Reed have “done for the Republican party” doesn’t mean a thing when it comes time to electing someone. This is not like a normal job when you can claim “I started in the mailroom and worked my way up to President”…being elected is a popularity contest, not a job experience contest.