Attack on Ralph

This robocall hit the Atlanta area last night targetting Dems.

Transcript:

Hi, this is (Name), and I’m calling to make absolutely sure that you heard the same disturbing report that I heard on NPR this week. I was listening to “All Things Considered” and heard that Christian Coalition leader Ralph Reed is using the Georgia Lt. Governors race as a launching pad to run for president. So I went online and checked the facts. I found out the only shot we get at keeping Ralph Reed out of the Senate, and even the White House, is voting against him in the Republican primary on July 18th. Tomorrow morning, I’ll be voting Republican for the one and only time in my life to stop Ralph Reed. I urge you to do the same. If you let Ralph Reed win this election, we can kiss our freedom goodbye.

1. The Busdriver says:

The liberal left-wing publication The Washington Times said the same thing about Ralph–that he views this race as merely a stepping stone.

2. politicalState says:

Busdriver: do you have a link on that WaPo article? I would be interested in reading it.

3. memberg says:

I didn’t know Valley Girls voted. If I hadn’t seen the transcript ahead of time, I would’ve thought she would have ended the call with a, “For Sure!”

4. GOPeach says:

This is exactly why the liberal left has been so involved with
    this race! They are so twisted. They want conservatives to
    think Ralph is not a nice person so they can destroy him.

Ralph Reed getting elected confirms the strength of the
    moral voter base. That scares the hell out of those
    who are Christophobic.

Ralph Reed has been around a long time to be so young.
    I am at least 10 years older than him and he has made
    a tremedous impact. Nobody can deny this!

Anyone who flies the Christian flag beside the Anerican
    flag is deemed “cultish”…. C’mon – This is ridiculous.

I think you will see that he will not go to the Capital every day
    with a big cross around his neck carrying a 50lb Bible.
    He will not sing 3 fast songs, 3 slow songs and have a prayer
    in the Senate. He will work like you have never seen anyone
    work. He has a brilliant mind and is a gifted diplomat.

I know you guys think I am idolizing Ralph… NOT! I just
    admire his “Get’er Done” work ethics and in time-
    you will appreciate it also.

It will be good for him to serve the Senate!
    It will be a personal growth opportunity for him.

You will see.

5. kolt473 says:

i’m voting reed today….just to tick off the democratic challenger ”the big guy” allegedly looking out for himself……i’ve seen his ads…….and it’s not surprising what he has done as well as cagle……btw in all debates reed won cagle floundered to bad we couldn’t fire cynthia mckinney that bigoted little marm needs to get out of congress forever……like to see a team up…….ROBERT BYRD AND CYNTHIA MCKINNEY, FORMER KLANER AND BIGOT WOULDN’T THAT BE A HOOT??????

6. BahamaBoy says:

GOPeach, you say Reed “will not go to the Capital every day
    with a big cross around his neck carrying a 50lb Bible. He will not sing 3 fast songs, 3 slow songs and have a prayer
    in the Senate.”

Heck, that’s why I voted for him! You mean he is NOT going to do those things? I want my vote back!

7. The Busdriver says:

PoliticalState, here’s a section of the January 18, 2005 Washington Times article I referenced:

Reed said to see Georgia as path to White House

“Word that Ralph Reed plans to seek the lieutenant governorship of Georgia signals what friends say is the former Christian Coalition executive director’s ultimate ambition – 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.”

8. BahamaBoy says:

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

More likely Maxwell Air Force Base’s minimum security penitentiary.

9. Atlanta Lawyer says:

I was voting this morning in Dunwoody and woman came in to vote and, when asked whether she was voting Democratic or Republican, she refused to answer, saying she was “undeclared.” The poll workers and I began explaining to her that it didn’t work that way in a primary, that she had to vote in one or the other and mentioning the different races in the two primaries. She finally said, “well which race is Ralph Reed in as I want to be sure to vote against him!” I hate to rely on stereotypes, but from the looks of her I suspect it was the first time in her life she had voted Republican. Maybe she got one of those calls.

10. GOPeach says:

B-Boy and Budwiser-

On the “Paranoid Rictar Scale” –
    You are at a solid 9!!

C’mon….

From Lt. Gov to 1600 ???
    Gag me with an obolisque. lol

11. GOPeach says:

Memberg

“Think of all the interns he can nail!” ???

Okay that was way too “navy blue dress” for my money.

Look-

Let me help you with something.
    I do not know your gender.
    Let’s say you are a male.

As a lady ( not to ne confused with being a woman)-
    I will tell you that we know men by the attitude of
    their wife.

Jo Anne Read is happy and active ( and pretty) .
    She is fun and smart. She is seen
    with Ralph most all the time.

Where is Casey’s wife?? What’s her name???

Ladies do not know who ( married) men are
    unless we meet “the wife”.

When ” the spouce” lays too low
    or is not ever active at events etc….
    We wonder if there is a problem.

Single guys do not see this.
    This is why I am pointing it out.

Middle aged ladies are the largest
    voster base in Georgia. You have to
    sell us! We do not care about 12
    years in the Boys Club-

We want to see ” The Wife”!

We did not elect John Kerry because
    we like Laura Bush! Get it?

Soooo if any of you political junlies
    want to run for office some day. —
    You better marry a social butterfly.

This is why Hillary will not get elected.
    We ladies know too much about Bill-
    and the navy blue dress.

12. duluthmom says:

Please do NOT lump me into that ridiculous claim that I vote for a candidate based on his wife. You may vote that way but I never would and I know plenty of intelligent women who do not either.

13. GOPeach says:

I caught it!

Middle aged ladies are the largest
    voter base in Georgia.

Jeff-

Please install Spell Check!!!

14. northside elephant says:

GOPeach is the next Stu Rothenberg with brilliant analysis like that.
    (I’m feeling really sarcastic today because I am in a good mood, Cagle and Handel both winning!)

I thought that Ralph’s marraige was a shotgun wedding? GOPeach, I think that you are being surprisingly un-Christian and un-judge’s wife toward Mr. and Mrs. Cagle. You should appoligize.

15. The Busdriver says:

GOPeach, you have just surpassed Debbie as the worst effing speller on this board. Congratulations on your hard-fought victory.

You’re proof positive you don’t to be smart, or sober, to marry a judge.

16. The Busdriver says:

Good grief, you’re comparing candidates’ wives? GOPeach, this is not a battle you want to undertake. Trust me.

17. BahamaBoy says:

Can’t resist this one . . .

GOPeach says “From Lt. Gov to 1600 ???
    Gag me with an obolisque [sic] . lol”

Uh . . . you left out the part where Reed runs for Governor in between. All part of the Master Plan.

Notice, I did not say the “Master’s Plan.” I suspect that He has something else in mind for Ralph after today.

18. northside elephant says:

If you vote for muppets then Eric Martin will no doubt get your vote for SOS. 😉

19. GOPeach says:

Budwiser-

“you don’t to be smart..” ???

I don’t know …
    Bud your not so bad yourself.

20. GOPeach says:

Simmer down all you NASCAR fans-

I am not speaking ill of “Mrs. Cagle”

I am pointing out the fact that she is unknown
    and ladies see her husband available.

One day you will understand … maybe.

What would you think if you saw a married woman
    out campaigning and everywhere she went she went
    alone.

In the South – We call that an UW- Unescorted Women.
    When men are always alone at social events-
    We call this – trouble.

Just a little information that you would not get
    from The Washington Post!

You heard it here first on PP from GOPeach!

Remember I am a counselor.
    I do marriage counseling also.

21. GOPeach says:

Simmer down all you NASCAR fans-

I am not speaking ill of “Mrs. Cagle”

I am pointing out the fact that she is unknown
    and ladies see her husband available.

One day you will understand … maybe.

What would you think if you saw a married woman
    out campaigning and everywhere she went she went
    alone.

In the South – We call that an UW- Unescorted Women.
    When men are always alone at social events-
    We call this – trouble.

Just a little information that you would not get
    from The Washington Post!

You heard it here first on PP from GOPeach!

Remember I am a counselor.
    I do marriage counseling also.

22. BahamaBoy says:

I thought “UW” meant unitelligent wackos. Thanks for setting me straight on that Peach.

23. GOPeach says:

Your welcome Duh Mama Boy.

I am just kidding… don’t get mad.

” U W ” could be the answer to the question
    posed bt Predisent Bush, ” Who am I ?”

I know .. I’m in a good mood too.
    Got lots of parties to go to tonight.

Hopefully VICTORY PARTIES!

24. Rick Day says:

but I wonder at the posters gagging over such an obvious truth?

I felt really oily checking that Republican box.

But did did feel good to not vote for Ralph, Sonny, or Nathan Deal (even though he ran unopposed) Deal is a pharmaceutical ‘ho-meboy. As evil as them republicans come.

It felt REALLY good to vote against Ralph.

Another indie strikes a blow against The Empire bwahahaaa…

25. GOPeach says:

I thought I would let you wonderful
    bloggers know that today is
    Ralph and Jo Anne Reed ‘s
    Wedding Anniversary.

That is why he is not giving
    interviews to the media.
    He’s smoochin with his Honey!

26. duluthmom says:

Really? 11Alive had footage showing him campaigning in Macon…he was sure kissing up but no smooching on camera with his wife.

27. GOPeach says:

They have decided they were going
    to have a great Anniversary no
    matter what!

His priorities are straight.

Go Ralph Go!

REED is in the LEAD!

28. MorganCoGOP says:

Early South Georgia, thought to be a Reed stronghold appears to be coming in for Cagle in the early results.

29. Demonbeck says:

“GOPeach said,

July 18, 2006 @ 6:43 pm

Nope –
    Jo Anne is with him.

He is giving no interviews!”

Wow! How does someone have a two month wedding anniversary?