The Republicans

Just a note to all the Republican candidates — particularly Ralph and Casey. Folks, I’m rather burned out of this primary. But I just want you all to know that regardless of who wins, I’ll definitely be working for the winner. It aggravates me, frankly, that a lot of the Cagle folks say they won’t work for Ralph. That sounds too β€œtake my football and go home.

1. Chris says:

I’ve heard both Casey and Ralph supporters saying they won’t support the other guy. I honestly think the next LG will be decided tomorrow (and that is re-enforced everytime I see one of the Dem candidates speak). If you honestly can’t vote for the nominee then leave the spot blank, but neither of the candidates in the GOP race are as bad as the free-healthcare, government-solves-all LG Democratic candidates.

And for godsakes don’t let your distaste for the winner hurt Sonny’s chances.

2. jacewalden says:

Erick,

I early voted against Ralph in part because he has no ethics, no sense of integrity, and no regrets about any of his past wrongdoings. These facts will not change if he wins the primary.

The problem is people who will support the guy just because he’s a republican. Nevermind his baggage. Nevermind the facts about him. He’s the only Republican so he has to be better than the Democrat. That doesn’t cut it.

I won’t be voting Democrat if Reed wins. But I also will NEVER cast a vote for Ralph Reed. At some point you have to decide if honor and integrity come before partisan politics. It would send a message to folks like Ralph if everyone with serious issues with him did NOT vote for him. It would really be funny if Sonny and every other Republican on the ticket won, and Ralph lost.

There’s a huge difference in “take my football and go because I lost” and “take my football and go because the team we’re playing against has no sense of integrity or respect for the game”.

3. mercergirl says:

I’m not a Reed fan, but I prefer him over any of the Dems so I will of course vote for him if he should win the primary.

It seems to me theres waaay too much division with the Republican party at the moment. We need to watch out otherwise it will be used against us.

On a different note, if anyone here is in the Macon/Bibb area PLEASE help us try to get the Republican party back up and going in this county. There will be a fundraiser Aug. 6th at Fish and Pig, if anyone wants more details I’ll post them.

4. debbie0040 says:

I will support Cagle without hesitation should he win. He is better than the Democrat.

5. Chris says:

I was at the Buckhead YR meeting last week and the guest speaker was a gentleman who spent six months in the Red Zone in Baghdad teaching Iraqis how campaigning works. At one point one of his students asked “Yesterday six of our people were killed putting up posters for our candidate, what should we do?”

That put this LG race into an entirely new perspective. No matter how negative, annoying or bitter electoral politics can be in this country, we all live to politic another day. I think we should all be thankful for that.

6. Smillican says:

Mercergirl,

Send me an email at [email protected], and I’ll forward that invitation out to our email list as well. I’m voting for Ralph, but we can, I think, both agree on building the party here πŸ™‚

7. GOPeach says:

I said several times before, I would support Cagle also should he
    win the primary. As far as I am concerned we are all on the same team!

Jesus love Casey too πŸ™‚

I saw where it made some people mad on another thread
    when I said Jesus loves Ralph! It was like Ralph did not
    deserve God’s love. ( hummmmm a bit defensive I would
    say). I hope nobody is truly that hateful.

Maybe we can all lighten up by tomorrow night and enjoy
    a GOP ONESS PARTY!

This will be our theme song tomorrow night no matter
    what …

O N E ( U2 & Mary J Bligde)

Is it getting better
    Or do you feel the same
    Will it make it easier on you
    Now you got someone to blame

You say
    One love
    One life
    When its one need
    In the night
    Its one love
    We get to share it
    It leaves you baby
    If you dont care for it

Did I disappoint you?
    Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
    You act like you never had love
    And you want me to go without

Well its too late
    Tonight
    To drag tha past out
    Into the light
    Were one
    But were not the same
    We get to carry each other
    Carry each other
    One

Have you come here for forgiveness
    Have you come tor raise the dead
    Have you come here to play jesus
    To the lepers in your head
    Did I ask too much
    More than a lot
    You gave me nothing
    Now its all I got
    Were one
    But were not the same
    We hurt each other
    Then we do it again

You say
    Love is a temple
    Love a higher law
    Love is a temple
    Love the higher law
    You ask me to enter
    But then you make me crawl
    And I cant be holding on
    To what you got
    When all you got is hurt

One love
    One blood
    One life
    You got to do what you should

One life
    With each other
    Sisters
    Brothers

One life
    But were not the same
    We get to carry each other
    Carry each other

One

One.

8. Philly says:

I will not support Cagle if he wins. He is a disgusting liar and I would vote Democrat before I would vote for him.

9. The Busdriver says:

The fact that GOPeach attributes the lyrics for that amazing song to, sigh, Mary J. Blige is a shame.

10. Demonbeck says:

Mary J Blige does a good job singing U2’s song, but claiming it as her own is like claiming that Queen stole the bass line for “Under Pressure” from Vanilla Ice.

11. GOPeach says:

GOPeach like good music you silly people.
    You have no idea.

Ralph Reed is way more cool than you know.
    You will see. Once we get through the primaries.

Ralph Reed Rocks!

Hey Northside Ellie –

I have sonswho have a band that plays
    at the Hard Rock in Bickhead.

Maybe I will see you in there some time.

12. conservativecore says:

If Ralph wins fine I will probably hold my nose and vote for him but Seth you should know the story of Ralph. Why not ask him next time you chat why we don’t already have a Republican Attorney General and the quote he used to threaten a true Georgia Republican when he, with the support of Sonny, Bill Byrne and that crazy lady went to the party to speak about his intentions to run since he was districted out.

13. GOPeach says:

I am a HUGE Mary J. Blidge fan.

I have all he CD’s.

That girl can SANG from the heart.
    She has paid her dues.

14. GOPeach says:

LOL-

“I have all he CD’s”
    You know what I meant!
    Is it just me, or are we changing the format a PP??

It was orange, then white, then celery green…

The font is a bit too tiny… Can you kick it up to a 12pt.???

15. Jeff Emanuel says:

GOPeach, click on the “View” tab on your internet toolbar, then go to “Text size,” and choose your font size. You can make it as big as you want to. Unfortunately, IE/PP does not also have a spell check….

16. GOPeach says:

I just found out that ONE is going to be played
    at Ralph’s Victory Party. U2 /MJB version

Excellent!
    Someone must have read my post and
    sent it over to the REED folks.

Budwiser –

I did not mean to attribute the lyrics to MJB-
    I meant their duet version of the song.

I like U2 but I like the soul of MJB.
    They have great chemistry and send a good message.

See, I told you they were cool.

17. jsm says:

Jesus does love Ralph, GOPeach. He loves everyone. He also says to love your enemies, and Jesus loving Ralph may be a perfect example of that principle.

18. GOPeach says:

LOL-

I need spell check!!!! LOL.

I try to multi-task and well….
    you see what happens.

Thanks Jeff.

My sons play in Buckhead not Bickhead. LOL

Lord have mercy… What a day.

19. GOPeach says:

JSM-

Looks like you have finally come out of the matrix!
    Looks like you just swallowed the red pill!

I was starting to think you Cagelits were drinking HATER AID.
    ( as opposed to koolaid)

20. GOPeach says:

Are any of you guys married???
    I highly suggest it.

I don’t wake up cranky like you fellas.
    I wake up happy!

Real happy!

21. mercergirl says:

Smillican,

No prob. In fact if you think about it you already know who I am πŸ™‚ That email went out from [email protected] whateverit is, but it came from him and I got a phone call from Dick Donnely about it. he needs 6 volunteers (including me) to pass out buttons and stuff. That allows you to have free admission (its usually $25) and free food, and supposedly this place is AMAZING. One of the partners is Skipper Zimmerman, who owns Jim Shaws and the other guy also owns Satterfields.

22. StevePerkins says:

At this point, I’m supporting the Libertarian no matter who wins on either side (although I did give Cagle some money awhile back out of loathing for Ralph Reed). However, I get turned off when people put party affiliation as SUPREME over all principle. Monolithic voting blocks that back a party label “no matter what” are why both parties are so unresponsive to their constituents’ views, and why it’s becoming harder and harder to even tell the parties apart anymore.

I tend to vote my party more often than not, but I’m not voting for someone just because they have an “L” beside their name. In fact, there’s slot or two in November in which I DON’T plan to vote for the Libertarian (although I have enough loyalty not to mention it explicitly). Vote your concience, for pete’s sake, and if there’s absolutely NO ONE on a ballot slot that you can stomach voting for, just leave the thing blank. Constantly voting “against” something rather than “for” something seems like a pretty miserable way to approach politics (and life).

23. kspencer says:

I think the Georgia GOP showing such open divisiveness apparent is a consequence of its success. When you and yours dominate so strongly that the ‘outsider’ hasn’t really got a chance (or so it appears), then your differences come out. When the other side is strong – either is on top or just a serious challenge – then ‘your side’ tends to band together. I’ve noticed that when ‘your side’ (dem or rep) doesn’t band together in such a case, the ‘other side’ tends to win. Not always, but frequently enough to make it worth laying odds.

Kirk

24. GAWire says:

Let me make something very clear, I have said this before, but …

I know Ralph and have been around him too much in the past.

I want to be a person of integrity; therefore, there is NO WAY that I could vote for/support Ralph Reed if he were to be our nominee.

Others know this. Many people understand this and are in the same boat. Unfortunately, many people have not had a chance to see this reality, and some people just refuse to admit it. Without trying to sound too over-dramatic, I truly believe that this could lead to the demise of the GOP in Georgia.

‘Nuff said.

25. GOPeach says:

Okay yDemon –

You get the job!

Attention Everyone …

Demon is now our offical Spell Check Nazzi!

He will be correcting all spelling errors from now on. πŸ™‚

Nooooo I get him first! I hired him, he works for me now.

26. politicalwidow says:

From GOPeach:

“I just found out that ONE is going to be played
    at Ralph’s Victory Party. U2 /MJB version

Excellent!
    Someone must have read my post and
    sent it over to the REED folks.”

Here is a though: instead of worrying about the election night playlist that includes well known left wing activits, the campaign staff should be knocking on doors with their volunteers.

27. BulldawgGirl says:

Evoen though I am voting for Reed tomorrow, should Cagle win the primary I will support him in November. He is better than any Democrat.

28. GOPeach says:

GAWire-

You must have some deep unresloved issues. Have you actually
    gone to Ralph and talked with him about your concerns. If you really
    know him – you should.

You could take him to dinner. He loves Italian food. Then, you
    could share with him what exactly you are talking about. Now, I
    hate to tell you this, but if you have not done that, you need
    to stop posting on a blog. Blogging with not fix it. A kind
    confrontation would do more good than anything.

There is a way to correct leaders. You must be kind and
    make a friend. That works way more than trying to get
    a coalition of ” Reed Haters” together on some blog..

29. GOPeach says:

An official

Nazzi

Thanks !!

You are doing an excellent job.

Shall I put you both on my payroll???

30. GOPeach says:

I caught it!!!!

“Blogging WILL not fix it.”

You guys are a good influence on me.
    Thanks!

Soon I will be ready to type and do 12 other
    things well. Then you will get to find someone
    else to help.

I have a vision. πŸ™‚

31. shep1975 says:

I voted a month ago. That’s saved a lot of headaches. I highly recommend it. Sure, you don’t get the little peach sticker, but you don’t get burned out either!

Chris, thanks for the Buckhead YR plug!