The Reed Ground Game

Anecdote on the Reed ground game. I’m standing in line at the Chick-Fil-A on Tom Hill Sr, Blvd in Macon. A young guy approaches me as I’m getting my napkins on the way out. He can’t be more than 16.

He asks if I’m voting, what party, and since i say Republican, he asks if I’d please consider voting for Ralph Reed.

Waffle House and Chick-Fil-A — you’ve got your bases covered Ralph!

1. memberg says:

Also, I’m surprised he didn’t ask you for gas money. I know of at least 3 people, myself included, who have had someone ring their doorbell in the last year to ask for gas money.

Of course, nothing beats the guy who saw the Walter F. George plate on my car and asked, “You aren’t going to shoot me, are you?”

2. GAWire says:

Shouldn’t that kid be in school? Are you saying that Ralph Reed doesn’t support our young people receiving an education?

(Chill, people … I’m just kidding. I realize it was probably an excused absence 🙂 )

3. Demonbeck says:

GAWire,

Kids are usually out of school during the three months of June, July and August. It’s generally known as “Summer Break.”

4. Demonbeck says:

Frankly, I would have sat the kid down and given him a quick civics lesson and talked to him about why I am voting for Casey Cagle.

5. GAWire says:

Demon, touche. What is this “Summer Break” you speak of?

In my day, we went to school year round, and they made it snow in July just so we had to walk through it both ways blah blah blah … you get the picture.

6. Jeff Emanuel says:

Worked just fine for me…although I guess Erick’s restaurant either ran out of money to buy chicken and had to go with local amphibians, or was just a Frog-fil-a (ouch…)

7. politicalwidow says:

Ralph’s grassroots army is a figment of his imagination. I have many friends in the heavily populated Republican precincts and NO ONE has seen any of these people. Where are these 6000 foot soldiers he spoke about earlier this year?

8. Jack S says:

Widow just said it all. Busing in kids from out of state? Vast armies of grassroots supporters! 25000 people on the ground!!!

He’s dead.

9. Bill Simon says:

Jack, you cannot see cockroaches until they crawl-out from under your dishwasher…they’re there. They’re pounding pavement. But, so are the Casey people.