The Dave Johnson Thingy

Several people have remarked about Sadie going to bat for Ralph and that she fired Dave Johnson for doing just that for Cagle. The grounds were that he did it under the name of the organization. I’m starting to think there is a double standard.

—–Original Message—–
From: Sadie Fields
To:
Sent: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 2:33 PM
Subject: Keeping the Faith – Action Alert

CHRISTIAN COALITION OF GEORGIA
KEEPING THE FAITH ACTION ALERT
17th Jul 2006 14:33

Please forward.
GRTL PAC Disavows Cagle’s Radio Spot
LAWRENCEVILLE, GA — (MARKET WIRE) — July 17, 2006 — Georgia Right to Life PAC disavows the claim made in the recent Casey Cagle for Lt. Governor campaign radio ad. The ad states that, “…Georgia Right to Life endorsed Casey Cagle because they know he won’t sell out Georgia’s values.

1. GAWire says:

You know, Erick … I don’t know what’s more rediculous: Sadie firing someone for something she did herself, or a Ralph supporter (i.e. Debbie) trying to argue that it’s someone other than Ralph Reed who is guilty of unethical business dealings.

Both are definitely hilarious

2. Bill Simon says:

Erick, her letter violates the 501(c)(3) rules governing such organizations from participating in races, wouldn’t you, as a lawyer, agree?

3. Erick says:

About the HE thing, b/c she could argue that they just inserted the title of her organization to show who she was with, she could get a pass. The email just forwarded a press release. So I think she is safe.

4. eem2006 says:

She is still a bad person though….

I hope Ralph reaaaalllly likes her. Because when she gets old and feable who will take care of her? Not her family….

5. politicalwidow says:

Don’t worry, eem2006, Ralph has enough $$ put aside for her to live in the assisted living facility in the beautiful Marianas Islands when it is time for her to retire.

6. Bull Moose says:

I’m not suprised by this. Sadie Fields has been lying and towing the Reed lies now for a while. These Reed supporters are some vicious kinds of people.

7. GrandOleDawg says:

Bull Moose, have you read the Cagle stuff around here? Not exactly hot tea and cookies being put out by them, or Cagle himself for that matter.

8. bowersville says:

Well G-O-D, (GrandOleDawg)
    What do you recommend Cagle should be doing? Pass the cookies, and please pour me the Earl Grey, hot with lemon, two cubes of sugar, if you please.

9. shep1975 says:

I sent a strong worded email to Sadie today informing her that I would no longer be part of the Georgia Christian Coalition. I will probably join at the national level, but the double standard today was pure hypocracy. 10 years is long enough and apparently Sadie does not feel she needs to abide by her own rules. Unless she issues a public apology for her misuse of the email list and her title in the Human Events article, I will never again be a part of the GACC. I agreed with her decision on Johnson, but I am greatly offended by her actions today.

10. TheAngryBeaver says:

Sadie Fields is so damned hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 She should be in Playboys Bitchenest Bitches over the hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. larry smith says:

I agree with Jason.

Sadie raises her generous salary as a self-appointed representative of Christians almost entirely from candidates.

It is time for campaigns to quit playing her games, quit giving her money, and shut off her pipeline of funds.

12. duluthmom says:

I don’t believe for a moment that Fields didn’t know they were going to print her affiliation at the bottom. Whenever you submit an OpEd type of piece for consideration, you submit your credentials (if any) to explain why your view should be published. (Olasky’s was three lines long.) I think she knowingly did it with the intent that should she be called on it, whe could blame it on HE. IMV, it was a calculated way to get around the rules.

13. duluthmom says:

Sorry, typo: I think she knowingly did it with the intent that should she be called on it, SHE could blame it on HE.