Taylor v. Cox

So the debate was last night. Cox, I’m told, was in good form, but Taylor kept letting her speak.

What’s up — how is going to win? I still say Taylor.

1. Bill Simon says:

Latest IA tracking poll says Taylor to win, and Reed taking a lead.

HOWEVER, my hope and vote for Casey aside, I do believe there is undersampling from the anti-Reed vote going on at IA. Not deliberately, but there are A) the 20,000 to 40,000 flagger vote AND, B) the anti-Reed folks who don’t sit around praying all weekend.

2. Erick says:

Bill, I think you are right to an extent, but I actually think a number of flaggers are voting for Reed on the assumption that he’ll hurt the GOP overall in November.

Now, I didn’t think they were smart enough to do something that thought out, but I’ve had at least a dozen people tell me this. There seems to be some coordinated effort going on among some — most of them in Cobb County.

3. Demonbeck says:

I think you are going to find that Cox loses by a much larger margin and we will see a lot of her supporters jump the lost cause to the R primary to vote against Reed. They may prefer Cox to Taylor and Taylor to Perdue, but they DEFINITELY don’t want Reed in the LG spot. Not because they like Cagle.

4. duluthmom says:

Erick-
    I think you dead on with your first part of the sentence:

Quote “Now, I didn’t think they were smart enough to do something that thought out.”

I believe that the people you’ve met in Cobb are the rare exception rather than the norm. Most people I’ve talked to (average voters who vote strictly based on candidate or according to their party affiliation) don’t think that strategically about the primary.

I agree with Demon and Bill S.

While I do believe there will be cross-over voters, I think they will largely be anti-Reed because many feel (and fear) that if Reed is able to win tomorrow, he’ll win in Nov.

5. Mike Hassinger says:

I’m seeing a last-minute surge by Cox -several rolling billboards, some doorhangers being handed out in my neighborhood, etc., but it looks like a Hail Mary.

Taylor by 8.

6. pulease says:

I sure hope that the movement isn’t to jump from Cox’s campaign and vote in the R primary. I do this regularly, most of the time just for fun…..but this time around, there are a couple of races that I think the Dems have a shot at. Whoever loses the R primary for LG has given the Dems quite a bit to work with, same with SOS.