Invasion at Sugarloaf

So, some Casey supporters decided they’d go crusing through Ralph’s neighborhood and cause a scene out in front of Ralph’s house. Ralph’s neighbor yanked out the cellphone cam, snapped pics, and sent an email to Ralph complaining about it. The email and photos are below the fold.

Ralph and Jo Anne-

As a friend and neighbor I was sickened by the tactics that Casey Cagle and his staff took today.

My son and I witnessed two trucks in our (your) neighborhood with Casey Cagle for Lt. Governor billboards. None of us object to free speech. However, we should all be appalled by these four young boys speeding through our neighborhood, trespassing on our lawns and exposing our children to their abhorrent behavior and verbal outbursts. I notified our neighborhood patrol, they requested that the boys leave immediately. As they were leaving they continued to shout obscenities out their truck windows as your children approached the guard gate.

This isn’t about petty yard sign politics, today they made it about taking this race to your children, my children, our friends and our neighbors. This behavior should be an embarrassment to Casey Cagle. He needs to apologize to you, and your children, and all the children that witnessed these four teenage boys today.

Kristine and I congratulate you on running a clean, issues based campaign. It’s always been clear to us that you are the best suited man to represent our family’s values and conservative beliefs. Unfortunately for our fellow Georgians, Casey Cagle has chosen to pursue a personal, one issue strategy. Taking it to the streets of your neighborhood, on a Sunday, in front of your and my children is inexcusable.

Let’s show Casey, and the rest of Georgia we want a better Georgia, not a bitter one.

All the best to you both,

[Name deleted at request]

PS I’ve attached photos taken at apx 6PM Sunday July 16th. Moments later these boys were escorted from our neighborhood. They promised that their daddy’s were powerful, and wrote down my tag number. I’m hopeful that it ends here, and now, and that on July 18th we can move on to a better day.

Image

Image

Image

1. Dan says:

I wouldn’t say there’s anything special about that camera phone. The largest picture is 640×480 and with plenty of light, most camera phones can produce pictures this good. My (now abondoned) Treo 600 could easily have taken these and I’m sure a Razr could have as well.

2. jerm says:

I guess this came from one of the ralphie yankees who have never seen a big truck before… HELLO this is GEORGIA.

3. Mike Hassinger says:

Well, OK, fine. You guys are experts. My Razr won’t take a picture like that, and every time I’ve had to rely on a cell instead of a “real” digital camera the picture ends up fuzzy and dark.

4. The Busdriver says:

“However, we should all be appalled by these four young boys speeding through our neighborhood, trespassing on our lawns and exposing our children to their abhorrent behavior and verbal outbursts. I notified our neighborhood patrol, they requested that the boys leave immediately. As they were leaving they continued to shout obscenities out their truck windows as your children approached the guard gate.”

That doesn’t sound the least bit made up. Nope. Not at all. 100% true.

Sigh . . .

5. midgajim says:

But I”ll bet they’re real Georgians and not some imports like invaded last weekend . . .

6. jackson says:

My favorite

“It’s always been clear to us that you are the best suited man to represent our family’s values and conservative beliefs. Unfortunately for our fellow Georgians, Casey Cagle has chosen to pursue a personal, one issue strategy.”

Yeah, that wasnt written by some campaign hack. Whatever.

7. Jack S says:

This is hysterical. Some millionaire yankee prick gets his panties in a wad.

Kudos to team cagle. I thought reed was the master stealth attack genius. Where’s his thousands of vols? Where’s his in your face tactics?

Well on 2nd thought I guess reed is smart. If he sent someone in a bmw to cagles neighborhood – they wouldn’t call the rent a cops and whine over martinis. They’d probably kick the crap out of them.

Cagle lives with real people, not in some mega millions gated community like greedy reed with his abramoff millions.

Keep it up cagle!! Don’t stop till its over!!!!!

8. StevePerkins says:

When I was that age, we were getting hammered and playing pranks on rival fraternity houses. These kids go play pranks on behalf of a Republican political campaign. Good… LORD… we’ve got to stop all this abstinence-based sex ed and encourage our youth to go out and get laid more.

9. GA. republican says:

I agree that wasn’t a very classy thing to do, but do you really think Casey had anything to do with what some teenage boys did. Give me a break. If the measure of the candidate is what someone with his t-shirt on does then we have really lost sight of what matters in a candidate. On Friday I witnessed a teenpack kid say he didn’t even know what position Ralph was running for.

10. politicalwidow says:

I agree that it wasn’t a very smart move. But come on, you can’t believe that they were instructed by Casey himself to drive around sugarloaf with one of his 4×4 signs.

11. MountainThinker says:

C’mon guys, that release is the most scripted, political put-up job I’ve ever seen. And that’s saying something…! No one expresses personal outrage in sound-bite format, with well-sectionalized talking points. What con job! If 25% of this is actually true, (which I have doubts of), the Reed camp would have been far better served by someone plain speaking giving an emotionally-tinged, and possibly even semi-rambling and gramatically challenged retort. But that would be a lot to ask of automatons and myrmidons who seem blindly loyal to their stilted and plastic puppeteer, Dr. Reed!

12. atlantaman says:

I don’t think the incident was made up, would be fairly difficult to coordinate all the trucks etc.. But the neighbor’s letter seemed like he might have had a little help from Ralph and company. It read like a campaign commercial.

13. Chris says:

“No one expresses personal outrage in sound-bite format, with well-sectionalized talking points.”

Thank you. It was a dumb move on the part of those Cagle supporters to cruise through sugarloaf, but that “email to ralph” is completly phoney.

14. dagny says:

what a bunch of stooges. i’m sure Casey didn’t even know it was going on…little punks. somone oughta jerk a knot in their knecks. i’m sure Cagle is on it. He would not support a stunt like that. Man, this has gotten so ugly. it’s sad, really.

15. IntheArena says:

jerm, the point is these trucks have probably never been off-road and are owned by cobb county concrete-cowboys. and as jacked up as they are, they look more audacious than reed’s red rental.

16. duluthmom says:

There is no doubt that the pictures were taken in Sugarloaf, but are we completely certain they were taken in front of his house? Hard to tell. It kind of looks like the house across from his but it may not be.

As for entrance into the community. The kids in question got in via the gate guest list. That is the only way you can get in if not a contractor. So the truth is, someone called the gate to invite them in.

Therefore, someone in the neighborhood (besides me) is a Cagle supporter.

17. pgd says:

I wonder if those Dodge Rams were bought just for the campaign to make CC appear down-to-earth. No, wait, that was Saint Ralph.

Do you think “the right hand” drives his new truck and wears his boots while brunching at the Club?

18. Bull Moose says:

Santa Clause is calling again telling me that Ralph Reed’s been naughty and spreading lies and distortions… Won’t Ralph Reed learn, people don’t like liars…

19. duluthmom says:

And one more thing about the hypocrisy of this:

What b.s. for the writer of the letter (and I think I figured out who it is) to complain about Casey volunteers taking to the neighborhood.

Ralph’s campaign lifted the phone numbers, including ones that were unlisted in normal phone books,of all the residents out of the directory to urge them to come to his Hannity fundraiser. The directory has a clear warning to not use the info for solicitation, but I guess that the rules don’t apply to him.

I wish the Cagle group had left a yard sign for me while they were here.

20. northside elephant says:

What ever happened to a good sense of humor? Some college kids are a little over-zealous? Sounds like some of Ralph Reed’s antics in the early days of College Republicans. Read about it in the book “Gang of Five”.

Only some new-money, uptight Sugarloaf type is “shocked” by something this petty. Really, get a life.

21. Mike Hassinger says:

“Ralph’s campaign lifted the phone numbers, including ones that were unlisted in normal phone books,of all the residents out of the directory…”

That’s rich. Duluthmom, I think I love you.