1. BahamaBoy says:

WWJD?

What would Jesus Do in this race between Cagle and Reed? After all, Reed was once depicted on the cover of TIME magazine as the “right hand of God,” so Jesus has probably had some dealings with him before.

Two armies of God are poised to do battle at the polls on Tuesday, both claiming moral superiority. Both can’t emerge winners; one has to lose. So which will it be?

I don’t know much about Cagle’s religious experience, so I’ll leave that to others to comment on. But plenty has been written about Reed, and nearly all of the commentary of the past few years has been universally negative. I’ve had a chance to read a lot of it and I’ve come away with a feeling that God is working in Reed’s life is a big way. Everything the man has worked for his entire life is on the line Tuesday. If he fails to overcome Cagle he is finished financially. His consulting firm will have few new clients to count on; his political contacts will have little reason to return his phone calls. Even if Reed emerges victorious, the damage to his persona has been so devastating that those two facts cannot be easily overcome. Besides, how can he represent the citizens of Georgia in our citizen Legislature and still earn a healthy living with outside income? Casey is called a crook for doing that! No, Ralph will have to close down his business and by our first full-time lieutenant governor. Get prepared to see his face a lot.

I think Ralph will be on his knees Wednesday morning, all right. And I don’t think he will be thanking Anyone for his victory.

2. Bull Moose says:

Reed will lose. It’s unfortunate that there are those who still believe him.

Politics will be better without him involved. Unfortunately, I don’t even think this defeat will send him away… He’s like a cockroach…

What will it take?

3. me says:

Ah, but …

These six things doth the LORD hate;
    yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    a proud look, a lying tongue,
    and hands that shed innocent blood,
    a heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
    feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    a false witness that speaketh lies,
    and he that soweth discord among brethren.

By my count, Reed qualifies on AT LEAST six of the seven grounds. (Anyone with knowledge of innocent blood, please tell).

So while th Lord may love the sinner and hate the sin, he does make judgments, and he does punish.

He also tells us there is a time to hate. That time is Tuesday.

Because, let’s face it, Ralph Reed is just an awful, greedy, malicious, spiteful person. Not a close call. That is not a partisan judgment; there are only a few people in either party I would say that about. (A few are wonderful, many are average, plenty are banally venal.) But an electorate that can’t read the wrinting on the wall about Ralph, well, him that have eyes, let him see. Him that refuses to deserves what him gets. But the rest of us shouldn’t be stuck with it!

4. GOPMarine says:

GOPeach is a paid Reed staffer. She employs chid labor much as Ralphie does all for her extremist views. What a real class act.

5. debbie0040 says:

You guys are soooo wrong about GOPeach her husband is a Judge and a very well respected judge.

6. Jeff Emanuel says:

Fact is, what there is to be right and wrong about here is what can be seen here. Every candidate has a few people who reflect not only poorly on them, but who make them look absolutely ridiculous — and make their opponents SO glad that those people are not supporting THEM. Cagle has some on here, as Erick has addressed in a previous post; GOPeach is one of them for Reed.

Were I running for ANYTHING, my greatest hope would be that someone as incomprehensible as GOPeach, or as vehement as SouthernComfort, were supporting my OPPONENT. That’s just the nature of the beast; doubly so here on a blog, as all we have to go by are the person’s written words and screen name.

7. Bill Simon says:

I wonder if GOPeach can rattle-off the Ten Commandments, particularly the ones about not bearing false witness AND not worshipping false idols?

8. GOPeach says:

You guys are soooo intense.
    Do you not ever just relax and have fun on-line.

Just because I said. ( tongue in cheek)
    Jesus loves Ralph.

You all start “trippin”. It sure dose not take much
    to get you all up in arms.

Mention that someone whom you loathe is
    loved by anyone else and you have zero
    tolerance. That is fairly shallow, don’t you
    think?

Oh and to mention Jesus and politics is like the
    must difficult thing to comprehend by people who
    have a compartmentalized brain. I think global;
    not anaytical.

I am observing that most everyone here sees
    the trees and not the forrest.

I do not separate my faith from anything I do.
    It matters not if I am on a blog, at the pool,
    in a political rally, in church, on the golf course,
    at the Hard Rock Cafe. I am still a very open
    person when it comes to my pronfession of faith
    not matter what anyone says.

Do I celebrate other faiths other than mine-
    You bet! I respect people who have resolve.

I would encourage you guys to not be so
    Christophobic!

Just because someone has a connection with
    a group of Jews, Christians, Hindus, ….
    so what????

I would vote for the founder if the Jewish Coaitian
    if I agreed with their political philosophy. It ‘s not
    a stretch for me.

9. Jeff Emanuel says:

“I would encourage you guys to not be so
    Christophobic!”

That’s about the equivalent of two men doing some obscene acts on my front lawn, and then telling me not to be so homophobic when I get just a bit angry….

Seriously. You’ve got to be kidding.

10. GOPeach says:

* I caught it-

Jewish Coalitian!

FYI –

The Christian Coalitian began in the Civil War.
    It was an effort to unite both the Union and the Confederacy
    in relief efforts to feed the poor and provide medical
    care, and adopt orphans.

I think it shoud get back to that actually.