My Sense of Things

My sense of things this morning, judging by all the calls and emails I’ve gotten, is that Cagle has pulled ahead of Ralph after all the constant punching. The Reed people seem perturbed and more than slightly stressed and the Cagle people rather relaxed.

However, I note that the Cagle campaign has stopped showing the controversial Mariana Island ad. I have detected more than a little blow back over that ad. I’m told it is still running. Given the reactions of people who have seen it and talked to me — other than me (I think it is a killer ad) — they might ought to consider that.

Lastly, I’ve called and had others call boards of elections around the state — turn out is low for early voting, even in places like Gwinnett and Cobb. Whoever has the better ground game is probably at an advantage right now.

1. SOUTHERNCOMFORT says:

Not only pertuurbed… shell shocked everyone in the “PARTY ELITE” counted CC out from the start and pushed RR down our throats. There is a change coming to the party and it is welcomed by the new and growing majority

2. buzzbrockway says:

Turnout is indeed low in Gwinnett. Through Tuesday, only about 400 people had voted early in Gwinnett. Also, not very many absentee ballots had been requested. The Elections Chief in Gwinnett hasn’t yet put a number on her prediction, but she’s thinking it will be very light.

3. Demonbeck says:

Probably because they are being disenfranchised by the early voting requirement of showing a valid photo id.

4. Jeff Emanuel says:

I’ll tell you what, after all the disenfranchisement claimed by the Democrats in recent years, and now having voted early in this election, I am sorely disappointed that nobody has yet attempted to disenfranchise or intimidate me at the polls!

I went to vote in ’04 with a younger brother of mine, who was voting in his first Presidential election. All he wanted was for SOMEBODY to try to intimidate him. Was that too much to ask in a church-hosted polling location in Peachtree City? Perhaps…but is that any reason for crushing a young man’s dream?!

I mean, I’m half Indian for crying out loud — what’s a guy got to do to get a little discrimination? And when I went to change my voter registration to Clarke county a couple years ago, they even REFUSED to take my ID — they said not only was a photo ID not required, but that they wouldn’t take it if I offered it! All they wanted was my signature on the paper that I was me.

You’ve got to be kidding me! What do I have to do to get my “right” to vote infringed upon here, people!?

5. debbie0040 says:

The turn out is very low compared to 2005 and 2002 in Cobb and Gwinnett

Southern Comfort. the party elite supported Cagle formt he beginning. It is the grassroots party activists that supported Reed and I can tell you that support has not diminished. I am one of those. They are very angry at Cagle’s ads now….

6. debbie0040 says:

People are confused and don’t know who to believe so they are not voting. Only the diehards are turning out…

7. BahamaBoy says:

Which is it Debbie? First you say: “It is the grassroots party activists that supported Reed and I can tell you that support has not diminished.” Next you say: “People are confused and don’t know who to believe so they are not voting.” Which is it? Surely, your green-kneed pals are still planning to vote — or are they?

Word has it he Cagle ads are not angering voters — they are waking them up to the real Ralph Reed. His carefully crafted persona is being challenged on every front and voters are seeing that the little emperor has no clothes. The evidence of his misdeeds is piling up and his denials are full of gibberish and convolution.

The diehards are on Peach Pundit, Debbie, and you haven’t convinced any of us to vote for Reed. So please get back out there with the green-kneed crowd and share the good news with them: Tuesday is closer than you think!

8. Demonbeck says:

I also have a question about this GOTV machine that Reed supposedly has. Wouldn’t we have heard about some efforts already underway if he was gearing the machine up for Tuesday?

9. debbie0040 says:

Bahama boy, you are saying the only diehards post on Peach Pundit? You are out of your mind. I know activists that have never even heard of Peach Pundit. You are a Cagle staffer so don’t even deny it.

When I spoke of confusion I was speaking of the ordinary voter. The grassroots party activists are still solidly behind Reed.

You are a fool if you think the Cagle ads are not angering voters. It is at the very least confusing voters. Where is the Cagle grassroots machine. It is a low turnout so far and that benefits Reed. If voters really believed Cagle’s ads there would be a heavy turnout.

10. BahamaBoy says:

Low turnout benefits Reed, Debbie? Why, I thought you grassroots, I mean green-kneed, types wanted scores of Believers going to the polls.

No, actually Ralph hopes nobody votes next Tuesday, except him and Debbie, and a half dozens other diehards.