Gary Black

I finally got a Gary Black mail piece. It’s actually well done. Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of the magazine style mail pieces that are multiple pages. On a day when I got seven mail pieces, taking the time to read all of them gets burdensome. I had forgotten he was supported by so many of the Georgia congressional delegation.

That’s not bad. It’s a shame he didn’t do more sooner, in my opinion. He is definitely qualified and would clearly be an outstanding pick.

1. SOUTHERNCOMFORT says:

Gary was hand picked and again we are showing the establishment we will not be told who we will support, until we explore all of the options available.Gary is a good man however he would cost us the race in November.Brian will do a good job.

2. waterboy says:

South Georgia will not support Kemp. They are supporting Gary. Gary Black will beat Irvin – Kemp cannot. It is that simple.

Glad you got a mail piece Erick, but everything you need that shows the quality and committment of Gary is on his website. http://www.votegaryblack.com

3. John Silage Jr. says:

Waterboy is correct. If Kemp wins, South Georgia will go to Irvin in the General Election. Kemp just won’t click down in South Georgia.

4. Dawgsrock says:

I just want to throw something out there. Has anybody consider that, in the primary South Georgia Republicans will cross over to vote in the Dem. Governors race. Both candidates are from South Georgia.

5. Jack S says:

You guys are crazy. When gary black showed up at my cattlemans dinner he was wearing penny loafers!

Kemp connects with everyone he meets. According my senator kemp is one of the most liked and down to earth guys in the state leg.

The logic of you black supporters is just ridiculous.

Vote for gary. He has experience and people will kick out the most experienced office holder in ga for a lobbyist.

Having some rich agribusiness types support you doesn’t mean bubba will. Folks like a guy they can drink a beer with. That’s kemp not penny loafer gary.

6. SOUTHERNCOMFORT says:

I agree the farmers will throw in behind Gary but we will take high populas districts. I was raised on a farm in south Ga and understand the appeal of Black, but Kemp will do well. The relationship Black has had with Irvin over the years would kill our chances in November were he to win.

7. Demonbeck says:

Dawgsrock is obviously from Atlanta.

Draw an imaginary horizontal line on a map of GA somewhere between Dublin and Stillmore. Everything south of that is South Georgia. Bainbridge and Albenny are way out in BFE (Not you Brian from Ellijay, the other BFE.) Those two cities have absolutely nothing in common with Brunswick and Savannah. To lump all of South Georgia into one block would be like saying that people in Macon would support Cynthia McKinney because she is from south Atlanta.

8. John Silage Jr. says:

I have been around both and Gary seems way more down to earth than Brian. Brian is a good guy and if he wins I will support him. However, I just don’t think the voters in south Georgia will vote for him over Tommy. That’s just my opinion, I may be wrong. I hope I am wrong because I want to see Irvin go!!!

9. Demonbeck says:

Thanks for your humility, Dawgsrock. Imagine how much drama we could have avoided had a certain candidate said the same thing. (I am kidding.)

To be fair, though, us South Georgians consider everything north of Macon to be North Georgia and anything considered “local” by the AJC is simply called “Atlanta.”

10. Demonbeck says:

SW GA is just a bunch of peanut farming closet Republicans Democrats who have yet to switch parties. It’s the last bastion of the “My daddy voted Democrat all his life and his daddy voted democrat all his life and I gawn vote democrat all my life too dadgummit!” Yellow dog D’s left in Georgia.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

11. The Busdriver says:

Is like the text in Gary’s mailer. But I liked it even better 4 months ago when I read the same damn thing in Brian Kemp’s mail.

12. John Silage Jr. says:

Demon you are right. I grew up and still live in SOWEGA. I have seen many D’s switch the GOP in the last few years. However, the older people that are probobly much more conservative than than children are still D’s. Once the issue is brought up about why they voe for D’s, they never really have a good answer. Their children are almost all GOP though. Sowega is still dominated by Dems primarily because of the large number of african americans. In most elections down here, you have to spot the Dem 35-40 percent of the vote because of the black vote.

13. jackson says:

Are you going to bet a steak dinner on that too, debbie? Or has losing one bet ruined your appetite?

14. eem2006 says:

I don’t think Gary is that much differnet than Irvin.

i think Kemp will give voters a real differnce to choose from in November.

That is, if anyone actually pays enough attention to the AgCommissioner race enough to even research the candidates…

15. Jack S says:

I was already voting for kemp but debbies comments seal the deal.

And I noticed the same thing in garys mail copying kemps stuff.

I think he’s been taking plagiarism lessons from ralph.

16. landman says:

Kemp wins because he is a leader and a strong Conservative Republican Candidate.He will be your next Ag Commish.

Debbie,you make yourself look stupid enough commenting for Ralph,layoff Gary he doesnt deserve you.

17. Bill Simon says:

Erick Sez: “On a day when I got seven mail pieces, taking the time to read all of them gets burdensome.”

Yeah, well, a damn democracy IS a burdensome thing, isn’t it? It’d be so much easier if we had a dictator just telling us who to vote for, OR, better yet, not even giving us the chance to vote.

…SIGH!!!…

18. nfire says:

I’m for Gary Black, but you guys do bring up a good point. Debbie’s also for Gary. Maybe I should reconsider???

19. Jimbo says:

You losers can make fun all you want to but everyone that Deb supports won the straw poll in Gwinnett and in Cobb. I know because I was uncertain of who to vote for in some races and asked her.

You Cagle people are total losers that just know how to insult people.

20. Demonbeck says:

And we all know the famous saying, “As the straw polls in Gwinnett and Cobb go, so goes the entire state of Georgia.”

21. Mike says:

I think that Jimbo is actually Debbie posing as a man. I’m shocked that her moral compass would allow her to do such a thing.

22. Demonbeck says:

I would suggest none of you take debbie up on her steak offer…you may end up having to “put the lotion on it’s skin.” Or you’ll get the hose again.

23. Demonbeck says:

Maybe she’ll serve you that steak with fava beans and a nice chianti…slurp slurp slurp!