1. Demonbeck says:

That’s actually pretty good if you ask me. It hits all the fear issues except for Social Security is going broke and My opponent is going to raise taxes.

2. Jeff Emanuel says:

Rush Limbaugh linked to the ad a few weeks ago, and has played the audio several times (and praised it as a GREAT political ad) — part of the reason I don’t see Rush ever successfully running for office, with judgment like that (although I can’t completely denigrate the Godfather of Talk Radio’s judgment, as he recently linked to a column of mine).

One thing you have to say about Vernon Robinson — he calls it like he sees it. For some reason, though,I just don’t see a campaing that runs ads like this winning an election. Call me crazy?

3. Romegaguy says:

Where’s the gambling references? Shouldnt he work hard to protect us from Indian ran casinos that dont have the support of Ralph Reed?

4. Mike Hassinger says:

I kind of hope he wins. We need at least one member of Congress who will be vigilant in defending us against the hordes of homosexual aliens invading across our unprotected borders while mocking marriage, burning the flag and advoacting racial quotas. Though the ad doesn’t say it, I’ll bet he’s on the right side of the fluoridated water issue as well.

5. Demonbeck says:

That district is fairly conservative. It brought us Richard Burr.

If I am not mistaken, they rejected Vernon Robinson before though and put Virginia Foxx in instead. Now he is running for another seat in a different district.

6. Demonbeck says:

Who does he pull for: Duke or Carolina? That’s the ONLY campaign issue most voters care about up there.

7. Mike Hassinger says:

I also hear he won the R nomination with about 63%. I have to wonder who the other guy was.

8. GrandOleDawg says:

Demon is right, he lost to Foxx in 2004. A friend of mine worked for him and loved the man. I thought the ad was entertaining, but I wouldn’t put it out.