Osama . . . He Really Likes It!

I’m sorry. I like Brian Kemp and I think he’s running a solid campaign. But I absolutely fell out laughing — as did my wife — when we saw this piece. I mean solid belly laughing. In fact, it just occured to me we laughed so hard passing that back and forth between us, we never actually opened it up and read the rest of it. I’ll go get it in a minute.

Anyway, the little girl is holding a box of Life cereal and the implication seems to be that the only thing standing behind Osama Bin Laden poisioning the little girl’s Life Cereal is the Agriculture Commissioner.

Perhaps if he had left off “from a terrorist attack,

1. Jeff Emanuel says:

That’s great…:-)

He’s just trying for that edge. Like you said, it’s headed to a runoff–I think he’s trying to capitalize on that Homeland Security committee chairmanship; both he and Black are trying to find that edge.

2. jackson says:

You’re right. We should have an Agriculture Commissioner who is in charge of protecting our food supply but not bring it up as an issue. We should just keep talking about farming and who gives a damn about the rest of the state.

You guys kill me.

3. The Busdriver says:

I haven’t made up mind yet, but I’m going to vote for this first guy I see riding a John Deer. That’s what I want from my AG Commissioner. I want a guy who knows how to ride a tractor. I want him to ride his tractor to the office, as well. If he can fix a tractor that’s even better. I don’t want him to streamline the office and cut costs. Nor do i want him to pay more attention to our food supply. I just want him to ride a tractor. A big one. Make it green. Green is sweet.

4. Bull Moose says:

Hell, I want an ag commissioner that doesn’t even eat food. I want someone who only drinks water.

5. Chris says:

ok I’ll top all of you.

I want an Ag Commissioner who can turn grain products into seafood and water from the hooch into a good Merlot.

But I’ll settle for Brian Kemp.

6. Bill Simon says:

TV Land, Maurice. Gawd…I didn’t realize how damn satirical that show was until watching it in these times.

That sales guy could be played by Ralph Reed in a new movie “Return To Green Acres”

7. atlantaman says:

I think some of you folks are so caught up in politics that you expect the candidates to send out a position paper packet as their direct mail piece. You got about 2 seconds to catch the average voters attention before they chuck your piece in the garbage can (especially in an AG race). From my perspective telling the soccer moms that you are going to protect their kid’s food from Osama is as good as strategy as any in the AG race.

8. Chris says:

Atlantaman makes a valid point. Erick got that mailing in Macon. I’m betting it would play well in the more urban areas. Kemp is trying to make the Ag Com position relevant to the non-rural primary voter. Not a bad strategy.

And at least he isn’t harping on about fictional price gouging at the pumps – which is another AgCom responsibility.