New IA Poll

Taylor’s closing in on victory:

Q. If the primary election for the Democratic nomination for governor were held today, would you vote for…

Mark Taylor – 49 percent
Cathy Cox – 41 percent
Don’t Know/Undecided – 10 percent

Cagle v. Reed a dead heat:

Q. If the primary election for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor were held today, would you vote for…

Casey Cagle – 37 percent
Ralph Reed – 37 percent
Don’t Know/Undecided – 26 percent

The poll was conducted July 5-6 and polled 500 likely voters(500 Dems for the Cox/Taylor race and 500 GOPers for Cagle/Reed) with a margin of error of +-4%

1. Bart says:

People are finally getting a clear picture of how crooked Ralphy really is. If Cagle would have only come out with the new commercials earlier, this thing would be over. Lets see how fake Ralphy looks at 8:00 in the debate…

2. Bull Moose says:

The debate is on now…

Ralph Reed has a lot of gaul… He’s a creep. He is lying straight through his teeth.

He knew exactly where and how those funds were coming to him and he can’t be honest.

Then when asked if he’d returned those fees, he said those weren’t fees he really received so there’s no money to return.

Ralph Reed needs to be shown the exit door from the state.

3. Bull Moose says:

Now we have Casey asking a question about the Northern Mariana Islands, asking why Ralph Reed worked for the Northern Mariana Islands when clearly it was known that labor violations, forced abortions and such were going on.

Ralph Reed, the snake oil salesman responded…

4. Melb says:

Taylor and his campaign have been out working hard everyday. If he keeps his momentum up then the nomination will definately be his.

5. Bull Moose says:

Ralph Reed, you lying sack of crap, Do you not know that the Realtors have come out in favor of Casey Cagle because of his strong record of standing up for private property rights.

6. Romegaguy says:

Ralphie I believe your own emails where you said Jack needed to help cover where the money was coming from but that is just me….

Is it true that Ralphie plans to come out of the closet tonight?

7. Bull Moose says:

If Ralph Reed wraps himself in the Lord one more time to escape his behavior, I may throw my television out the window. It’s just clear that Ralph is such a lyer and can’t deal with the truth.

8. Bull Moose says:

Yeah Romeguy, I wish someone would read his own emails to him and ask him to respond… That would make for good tv.

If Ralph Reed wins this race, there is absolutely no way that I can support him. I’m sorry, but I can’t support someone so immoral, unethical, dishonest, and clearly self motivated.

9. Jeff Emanuel says:

Notice the visual, though? Reed looks absolutely exhausted, and Cagle is back and forth between looking angry and like a deer in the headlights.

10. Bull Moose says:

What the hell, Ralph wants to use third party negotiators for development to skirt open records laws?

That’s total BS and just another way that Ralph Reed can skirt the law, which is his trademark.

11. Bull Moose says:

Ralph Reed is just absolutely full of crap… He’s making it sound like the firm paid him with funds from other clients…

12. SOUTHERNCOMFORT says:

watching the debate can you believe how much Ralphie looks like HOWDY DOODY or could it be…..

13. GrandOleDawg says:

I thought both candidates performed well. Casey looked a little clumsy at places, and both candidates look really tired from the campaign trail (maybe it’s the lighting). You gotta hand it to Reed, to not be an elected official, he has a great grasp of the issues. Sometimes, it was hard to tell who was the sitting state senator. I’d say Reed won. I just wonder how many voters watched it.

14. Bull Moose says:

With undecideds breaking the way that they are toward Casey Cagle, it is clear that he will be the Republican Nominee for Lt. Governor.

The time is now for those that are sitting on the fence to come out and endorse Casey.

I’ve been hearing some very unfortunate stories of Reed supporters lashing out at some of the people that are supporting Casey. That’s very very sad and growing signs of desperation.

15. Bill Simon says:

The Korp of the Kristian Krusaders do not like people to buck them, Bull. Therefore, they will resort to threats and other desperate measures to get people to change their minds.

16. Bull Moose says:

I wasn’t kidding. I know of some of Reed’s Savannah supporters that have been calling people telling them that they are stupid for supporting Casey.

Desperation…

17. Maurice Atkinson says:

Yeah, I can imagine them now… Hello, this is Ralph Reed, you’ve been selected to receive an all expense paid trip to the Marinara Islands. Vote for Ralph Reed July 19th. Tips not included.

18. Bill Simon says:

I just got some calls from the Reed campaign. They went like this:

1) Hi, this is Jack Abramoff and I want you to support my good friend, Ralph Reed. He is the slickest operator I’ve ever worked with, and I’m sure he’ll do a good number on you folks in Georgia.

2) Hi, this is Grover Norquist, and I want to tell you fine folks about my good friend Ralph Reed. I have worked with Ralph for many years and he has helped me skim a lot of money off the top of money laundered through my ATR organization. I’m certain that if you elect him to be your next Lt. Governor, he will allow a lot more people to skim-off the top and get cash under the table, whichever way you like it. So, vote for my friend, Ralph Reed on July 18.

19. Bull Moose says:

My call was a mult-person call and went like this:

“Hi, this is Jack Abramoff, Grover Norquist, and Sadie Fields, we’re crazy about Ralph Reed and his campaign for Lt. Governor. With Ralph in office, he’ll support third party vendors, not subject to our state’s open records laws so that our government will be more secretive and less open to the public. Ralph will make sure that no woman is allowed to obtain an abortion or to even obtain birth control unless of course she is bound for the Northern Mariana Islands where she’ll be forced into the sex trade business. With Ralph as Lt. Governor, he’ll use his influence to get me, Jack, and Grover, Presidential Pardons. And me, Sadie, will finally be able to pass legislation to ban all the gays and lesbians, my daughter included, from the state. We look forward to Ralph’s service and know you will too. Look forward to opening casinos across the state soon!

Again, this has been Jack Abramoff, Grover Norquist, and Sadie Fields.

20. northside elephant says:

Bull you are right man, the desperation is just unbelievable. I had a casual friend (I dont even know him well) leave me a voice mail that complained about Liberals “persecuting” Ralph Reed! It was clearly a scripted bit and he actually did use the word persecuted.

Let me say this: Jesus Christ? Persecuted. The Jewish people? Persecuted. Ralph Reed? He is reaping what he sowed.

21. Demonbeck says:

Let me say this: Jesus Christ? Persecuted. The Jewish people? Persecuted. Ralph Reed? Prosecuted.

22. Cobb County says:

Bull Moose, (Joel) well it is clear that you are both dillusional and pathetic. What I want to know is if you personally preped Cagle for the debate. If so, what a joke he was.

23. Cobb County says:

MY bad on spelling. By the way you are right. I went to Marietta City Schools. I’m lucky to correctly spell any words at all.