Reed and Immigration

July 7, 2006 18:10 pm

by Erick · 123 comments

There are many other things I could have given as the title to this post, but that seems to be the most objective. There are many interpretations one could give to the information herein, but it seems they all come down to one thing — more than once has Ralph Reed been opposed to tightening immigration laws and it appears that this is another example of Ralph Reed following Grover Norquist and getting into trouble.

In 1996, it was actually the Democrats who were pushing to curtail immigration levels. Democratic heroine Barbara Jordan, on behalf of Bill Clinton, chaired a bipartisan commission and concluded that immigrants were taking jobs poor Americans actually would do, were doing them cheaper, and consequently were hurting the abilities of poor Americans to get gainful employment.

A bipartisan coalition gathered around the idea that illegal immigration must be stopped and legal immigration must be curtailed. A Wired Magazine article described the situation this way:

On Capitol Hill, Congress was poised to pass the most severe anti immigration legislation since the 1920s. Significantly, measures designed to crack down on illegals were paired with plans to slash legal immigration by 40 percent. Senator Alan Simpson and Representative Lamar Smith, the two leading Republican voices on immigration, were pushing the bills hard. The White House was sounding supportive, having been given cover to back the cuts by a set of similarly restrictive recommendations from a bipartisan commission chaired by the late, famously liberal Barbara Jordan. It was a powerful, if unlikely, alliance. And with no politician daring to risk being called “weak

BlackVoters July 9, 2006 at 12:58 am

Linda, Linda, Linda, —-

Bless your darlin heart.

You say you go by your strong intuitions and they tell you what to believe. Ooookaaaaay?????

What is the hell are we going to do with you girl?

Maurice is 100% right baby. Debbie is with the Cobb
GOP in a big way. So your strong false intuitions are
as about are way off sweetie.

You say you are for Ralph Reed and then Casey Cagle.
I think you really want to believe that Ralph will
be a great Lt. Gov. but you are starting to flip
flop.

Girl I think I need to kick your off my team.
You’re gonna get us killed! lol

C’mon Debbie- Let’s you and me meet up at the GOTV
Rally on July 13th. Bring your husband and I will bring
my wife and kids and we will get the Cobb REED folks
working like there is NO TOMORROW…

Can you say LAND SLIDE????

Hey guys – Remember COBB has 600,000 people. We are
not Nascar fans. We like Lockheed! Put us in jets where
the sky is the limit!

BlackVoters July 9, 2006 at 1:00 am

Wow – I guess I should have hit spell check. LOL

I couldn’t resist!

This blog is a hoot.

northside elephant July 9, 2006 at 1:27 am

Linda, Debbie, BlackVoters

This is not Meetup.com. I know that you don’t want us to talk about Ralph’s extensive work for the pro-immigration lobby, especially in Cobb. You would rather reminisce about your days helping Cain.

Proof of Ralph’s work for these leftist groups and some of his pro-immigration remarks are being widely disseminated.

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 1:38 am

Great link northside elephant,

I saw that there is a Knitting Club on Meetup. Maybe Ralph can learn how to knit and start the Knitting Convention Coalition for all of the soccer moms throughout America.

I have already emailed some people in Cobb County, and helping to get the word out. It is better to find this out now about Ralph’s pro-immigration work before he gets in office. I am glad that Newt Gingrich has been exposed in this, too. At one time, I was leaning toward him being a good President but this is just one of many things that I have learned about him.

bowersville July 9, 2006 at 1:44 am

Linda, “before he (Reed) gets in office?” Reed will not get in office!

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 1:50 am

Well that is what I meant to say Bowersville, but us South Bibb County rednecks go around our elbow to get to our nose sometimes. Of course, Ralph will not get in office. You know Houston and Bibb County has a pretty good record of voting in primaries, and there are a good many displaced workers that will not be happy when this information reaches them.

northside elephant July 9, 2006 at 9:58 am

By the way Linda. I am “ITP” inside the perimeter. And I detest the elitist attitude that some snobs have for rural Georgia.

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 11:52 am

Dear Northside Elephant,

Oh, I am sorry for anyone not understanding my comment. It was very late, and if you read up above you will see that BV talked to me like I was a Redneck. I was just making a joke, but actually I go around my nose to get to my elbow sometimes. Just review how I write, as I know that I bore people to death. Trust me you are not talking to an elitist snob, as I grew up in trailer parks in southern Indiana and Fairdale Kentucky. Before going to college, I earned my degree in the school of hard knocks. I think that rural Georgia will have a big voice in this upcoming election, and will vote against Ralph Reed.

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 12:05 pm

I am just a hard-nosed fiscal conservative that gets infuriated if I believe someone is using a position in government, while being paid with tax money to advance a candidate or most especially a special election such as a SPLOST election. Cronyism, lobbying and rigged campaign contributions is what is wrong with politics. Am I too idealistic? Of course, I am and people that think like me are a dying breed and very much a minority. I know I’m on a blog where the vast majority are consultants for this candidate and that candidate, and I take time away from my work to put in my two cents worth. I may print all of these writings and put it in a lock box for my grandchildren to read one day to see a time when civil discourse was on the tip of being outlawed. I predict that withing twenty years, there will be widespread censorship on information discussed on the Internet. But, remember people like me were spreading this warning. CASEY CAGLE, LT GOV 2006!

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 12:10 pm

And Northside Elephant what does “ITP” mean?

debbie0040 July 9, 2006 at 12:18 pm

Linda, I have read what David Duke says and find it disgusting. I am from Louisiana and remember reading about Duke in the 70’s when he was with the KKK. He is an extreme radical and racist.

Black Voter, will be there at the gotv rally.

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 1:15 pm

Oh come on Debbie, tell the truth. You showed up at a rally with your pink floral sheets, and were told go home you silly flower child. You just wanted to add a designer look to the rallies and create a new image. So you had to go find another cause to fight for. Let us go back to the topic at hand, your candidate is a sorry excuse for an ethical leader, and most certainly not deserving of votes from those that demand transparency and honesty in government. Go Go Cagle!

northside elephant July 9, 2006 at 1:39 pm

Will you guys please drop the racism stuff?

This is about Ralph Reed’s allignment with the radical pro-immigration NIF (national immigration forum).

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 1:59 pm

This article is pretty current, and talks about the fact that illegal immigrants wages reported to the Social Security Admistration are 1.5% of total wages reported and go into a suspense account. This is taken from the National Immigration Forum. This is why nothing has been done about the 11 to 30 million illegal immigrants flooding into our Country, and probably the entire rankling over bills when Clinton was President was to appease voters that were supporting Pat Buchanan on his strong stance against illegal immigration. The Congress knew that the votes would not be there because we are too dependent upon illegal immigrants to fund our aging population that is putting a strain on our borrowing to pay back the liability account of Social Security. Nonetheless, Ralph Reed has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar again and caught on the wrong side of a hot issue today. It will no doubt cause him the election, and rightly so. Casey Cagle will be the next Lt. Governor of Georgia.

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 2:05 pm

I cannot find an earlier article that I was reading, but many of the Fortune 500 members contribute to NIF. So when you bank at Bank of America or use Federal Express to mail a package, you are supporting the NIF.

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 2:34 pm

It is all about the rights of the illegal immigrants, even when it comes to establishing Homeland Security after 911. It is the way these supporter earn their living, fighting for a cause for mula. This is a letter written to Senator Lieberman in 2002 demanding that the rights of the millions of immigrants entering our country each year are priority one. This is the same thing Michelle Maulkin has been writing and speaking about, of how the INS is derelict in their duties. You see the NIF is more important than protecting our borders, and was a good way for Ralph Reed to pick up some more cash. I do not know if any of you really care about illegal immigration or if this is just your fight against a candidate. But people like me are disgusted by the invasion and destruction of our United States, and hell would freeze over before I would vote for Ralph Reed.

BlackVoters July 9, 2006 at 4:16 pm

Linda-

Pardon me dear,

Did you mention earlier that you were a CHRISTIAN?
Perhaps you are a new believer. I’ll give you that.
No seasoned saint would carry on like you do.

The BIBLE Says that you are not to SLANDER YOUR BROTHER!
It also says that God HATES those who SOW DISCORD!
It says LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE of SIN!

Don’t get mad at me!
You are the one who mentioned being a Christian.

Maybe you should spend time in prayer for Raplh since
you know so much about his short commings. You seem to
enjoy the malice.

Selah~

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 4:30 pm

Oh Blackvoters,

Give your wining a break. I am a voter and I am giving people substance over form. You cannot shake my Christian faith, as I have been a Christian for forty years. Christians have very much a right to participate in political elections. You are too dumb to even google any information, so take a hike.

I checked back for you to make a smart butt comment, and I will now go back to contacting my friends on the Internet.

CAGLE IS GOING TO WIN SO GET OVER IT!

LINDA July 9, 2006 at 4:39 pm

BV, Since you aren’t going to be able to do the land slide, may I suggest that you head on over to your local hoochey koochey bar and do the “electic slide.” Just take a chill pill and have a good time, cause your guy is sinking. Cagle 2006 and we will be watching to make sure the Congress takes a strong stand against illegal immigration. (smile, smile, kiss, kiss, group hug). Give me a break!

Jeff Emanuel July 9, 2006 at 5:13 pm
Bull Moose July 9, 2006 at 5:51 pm

Ralph Reed has really shown himself to be a duplicitous hypocrite with his flip flop on immigration.

This man has no moral compass that allows him to be guided by his values. He’s totally motivated by profit, greed, and ego.

We really don’t need someone like that in office in Georgia.

Georgia is an honorable state and we need to continue to be such. I would really like Georgia to adopt the motto, Georgia, a state of ethics.

That would eliminate quite a few of our wanna be elected officials…

Bill Simon July 9, 2006 at 9:37 pm

BlackVoters,

I quote you on this: It also says that God HATES those who SOW DISCORD!

Ralph Reed and his Christian Coalition pals did nothing but sow discord through their tactics. They think they have a license to LIE about their opponents and get away with it.

The defeat of Ralph will finally demonstrate to this group of religious THUGS that lying isn’t acceptable, even if it is just a political race.

Darvin Dowdy January 1, 2007 at 2:24 am

Folks like Reed are very confused about Biblical Doctrines. The Bible strongly endorses (actually mandates) Nationalism. God divided mankind up into nations for a reason. Thats what the story of the Tower of Babel teaches us. Mr. Reed just needs to take some time off of politics and get some face to face Bible teaching. DD

Comments on this entry are closed.