1. larry smith says:

This endorsement means NOTHING. Ralph will still win and unite the Fatherland by conquering Austria-Hungary and Poland.

In fact, I heard that last night there were three guys alligator fishing in Clinch county and they took a straw poll while Ralph won 2 to 1.

Face it, Busdriver, he has this thing locked.

2. George Allen 08 says:

I don’t even have to say it. It’s already been said by proud Cagle supporter and PP’s good friend Brian Laurens:

“Brian from Ellijay
    Jul 5th, 2006 at 10:10 am

Is not the Macon Telegraph the same paper that endorsed John Kerry and Al Gore over Bush.”

3. Bill B. says:

The real question is will they endorse the entire liberal ticket…Mark Taylor & Casey Cagle?

Has anyone seen Taylor out campaigning for Cagle like Cagle has for Taylor?

4. northside elephant says:

You are so clever George ’08!

Apparently you didn’t read my posts on the same thread. The AJC and Telegraph have picked far more winners than losers in the past three elections.

I posted their past endorsements and they seem to do a pretty good job picking winners like Sonny, Saxby and Casey.

5. Bill Simon says:

Bill B., if you actually READ the Macon Telegraph article as to why they picked Casey, you’d finsd out that it is a question of character. That’s not a “liberal” observation, that’s a fact. Ralphie has ZERO character.

6. northside elephant says:

“Has anyone seen Taylor out campaigning for Cagle like Cagle has for Taylor?” -Bill B.

Bill B., did Ralph promise you a “killer internship” next semester if he wins?

If you are going to lie then you need some lessons from your boss because you are not very good at it.

7. tobin smith says:

If I were Casey I would have run from the liberal media endorsements. All Reed has to do is say Cagle is endorsed by the AJC and others like the Macon Telegraph and that tells Republican primary voters all they need to know.

This is not 02 or even 04. The circulations are going down and the trust is much less. As GA turns more red, these papers have less and less trust.

I can’t see who would want their endorsement.

8. northside elephant says:

Tobin the old liberal line is wearing thin when you’ve got World, Economist, Washington Times, WSJ and other outlets that have reported about Ralph’s past business partnership with convicted felons and gambling interests.

9. UGAMatthew says:

Something has got the Reed camp worried if they’re supporters and staff are resorting to labeling Cagle liberal. Are you serious?
    So he gave Mark Taylor a grand… I wonder how much money has gone through Reed’s hands and ended up at the DNC.
    The point is, Cagle’s no liberal, not by any stretch and if I was a Reed supporter I’d reign in promulgating that sentiment because it certainly makes Reed seem worried and vulnerable.

10. Demonbeck says:

By keeping the $5.3 million Ralph Reed took from Casinoes, he is admitting he had no problem with the business he did. If Ralph Reed truly feels that he would have not taken the job, “Had he known then what he knows now,

11. Cobb County says:

Demonbeck, I was just curious how you could possibly have gotten that far off topic. That was truly a work of art.