1. rugby__fan says:

Yes, now CC won’t be able to put her foot in her mouth just before the election…oh that would have been interesting…

ps: Word Press seemed to eat my first username and claims i don’t exist…

2. atlantaman says:

That’s good news for the Democrats. Cathy and Mark can now go back to being seen with gays now that this hot-button issue has been put to rest.

3. Bill Simon says:

Yes, I wonder what the State GOP will have to do now to get the base out in November. Gosh! They might have to actually do some more thinking…

4. Decaturguy says:

Do you even know what the opinion says or means Debbie? If not, how do you know if it is a “great ruling” or not?

5. Decaturguy says:

So, now that GTdem has posted the opinion, my initial thought is that it is very vague and sort of avoids the main issue behind the litigation – that being what sort of benefits can the state allow same sex couples to have.

So, now that we have this Supreme Court opinion, does anyone want to venture a theory as to what the Amendment does, other than the obvious – defining “marriage” and between a man and a woman?

6. midtowndem says:

It is unfortunate the state Supreme Court justices ruled that the amendment to the state constitution does not violate the single-subject rule by determining civil unions were the equivalent to gay marriage. I fear the consequences this may have on future bundled issues in constitutional amendments, but I am very glad this issue is finally over. Republicans are going to have to find another hot button issue to bring their base out to the polls in November.

Note to Cathy Cox and her spokesperson: Maybe it is wise you keep your stupid mouth shut this time around but what the hell it would be interesting if Cox came out with a cheer to celebrate the Supreme Court’s decision “No Fag marriage in Georgia

7. GTdem says:

Here is the ‘cover our ass’ statement from the opinion:

“The scope of this appeal is narrow. Because the appellees have not filed
    a cross-appeal, we are not presented with any issue regarding the ballot
    language, and we do not, as an appellate court, judge the wisdom of the
    amendment.

8. BlackVoters says:

Thank God for Eddie Long, Bernice King, and Alveda King.
    These were bold black leaders who marched and stood up against the liberal godless in Georgia. I say we build on this momentum. Time black folks lead the way. I am glad to be a black conservative. I invite all blacks to join Herman Cain, JC Watts, and myself to take the helm of our community and back the right people.