Taylor hits Cox ‘lies’

I don’t watch much television, and certainly am not tuned into the timeslots where the political ads are in maximum rotation. However, yesterday at the 4th festivities my mother mentioned this TV spot to me… and commented how nasty things are getting. Here’s one of the most recent spots by the Taylor camp over Cathy’s infamous investor protection ads of last year:

Thanks for the pointer from the tipline.

1. truerblue says:

This is bullshit and you all know it. If Mark Taylor had to run this campaign on the truth he’d be down 40%. Show some intelligence here. This is spliced, diced and manipulated. Look at it and then ask yourself: is this the kind of person I’d want for Governor or would he be better off mowing my grass.

2. rugby_fan says:

well truer, you are right. Maybe a few people in Georgia don’t want a candidate who can campaign well. Maybe a few people in Georgia think a candidate who routinely messes up in her campaign and is finding it hard to articulate her message while avoiding hit after hit after hit and claiming her opponent is lying and could prove as much with one small piece of paper yet can’t present said information is a better alternative.

3. bowersville says:

OUCH! You know, I watched this add several times, over and over looking for the splices. But when I saw in some of the framed pictures at the beginning of the add, the same hairstyles, though different, the same dresses though of different style and color. Then the interview of Cox stating rather sheepishly “but I never stated my name,” and then those same framed images from the beginning of the add stating “Hello, I’m Cathy Cox….” But then what do I know, I’m only a Republican.

4. GetReal says:

What’s spliced and diced? She says she didn’t say her name. Then there are parts of two ads with her saying her name. Am I missing something?

That is pretty devastating. It’s not often that someone can put their opponent in an ad lying straight to the camera.

5. stephaniemills21 says:

Saw a new Mark ad this morning with Andy Young basically going over why he is going to vote for Taylor, and beieve it or not folks this was a clean ad. Nothing negative about Cathy.

Also, Bowersville, not trying to be an ass or anything, but could you please spell the shortened versions of advertisment with only one “d.” Everytime I see you type “add” i cringe.

6. truerblue says:

What Taylor’s campaign fails to mention is that the video clips used in this recent ad of his ARE NOT ads made for the investment scam series. Why don’t all of you ask where these ads came from and what they are in reference to if you aren’t afraid of the truth. This shows how desperate his campaign truly is. Why won’t you demand to know the truth behind his ad instead of falling for it–is anybody really interested in the truth or are you just all about the hype and BS?

7. rugby__fan says:

“What Taylor’s campaign fails to mention is that the video clips used in this recent ad of his ARE NOT ads made for the investment scam series. Why don’t all of you ask where these ads came from and what they are in reference to if you aren’t afraid of the truth.”

That’s fine and dandy. If that is the truth, all CC has to do is show the video of the commercial. IF she is so sure that this is a lie, then all she has to do is provide evidence.

This is not the first time where CC has been accused of lying by MT and CC just needs five seconds of work to pull up some small piece of evidence to send the whole MT campaign crashing. She never has.

My thouhgts, CC is lying MT is giving half truths.

8. bowersville says:

Sorry too make you cringe. I’ve been badd(cccrrringe)! I must go to timeout. LoL