Another Blast to Ralph

IndependentThinker first posted this article in a previous discussion, but selfish ole’ GAWire thought it deserved front page presence, seeing that there is actually a possibility that Ralph Reed could hold statewide office in Georgia soon.

Reed also helped defeat a state lottery and video poker in Alabama, on behalf of casinos in Mississippi. In Alabama, he told Abramoff, he had “over 3,000 pastors and 90,000 religious conservative households.” He enlisted these Baptists in a fight against one saloon while he was on the payroll of another.

Imagine if Ralph Nader had solicited money from Ford and Chrysler when he went after General Motors’ Corvair.

No, I’m not admitting Ralph will win … in fact, I think he won’t win, but that isn’t to say that he can’t win this race.  He indeed can, IF Cagle supporters don’t work to get their people out to vote; IF Georgia voters don’t come to realize the negative effects electing Reed would have on Georgians; and, IF we absolutely want to ruin the GOP in Georgia, then yes, Ralph could potentially win.

I’m going to make one last appeal to Georgia voters before I have to make a brief trip out of the country (No, I’m not going to play golf in Scotland!).  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE look at Ralph Reed – look at his past, look at his current situation, look at his experience, look at his work history, look at his background, look at every aspect of his character, which will play a key role in how he would govern if elected – and think about what electing Ralph Reed could do to the GOP in Georgia, and to our state in general.

Ralph Reed is a threat to the Republican Party.  He is a threat to our GOP Majority in State Government.  He is a threat to the Senate Leadership.  He is a threat to Georgia’s perception amongst federal lawmakers.  He is a threat to our state’s general well being!

We might not see immediate negative results, but I can guarrantee that there will be negative consequences on the GOP and Georgians in general, if Ralph Reed is elected.

I’m sorry for using my front page posting privelages to make a partisan blast, but this is coming down to the wire, and I don’t think everyone really understands how important this race is.  This isn’t about the Georgia Lt Gov.  This is a race that could continue to pose negative affects on the GOP for years into the future!

If you are a voter or know a voter who is struggling with this race, I encourage you to refer back to your school years and make a pro/con chart.  Get back to the basics and evaluate your candidates on the facts, not letting the spin, partisan/internal politics, and media influence you, beyond as a means of obtaining information on the candidates.

Look at the pros and cons of each candidate, including ALL of the facts (and I promise you, there is a lot, so go to the internet, Google, or look back through Peach Pundit archives), and evaluate the choices and facts, letting that due dilligence guide your choice.  But, it is imperative that you look at ALL of the facts, and it is even more imperative that voters in this race educate themselves, so we don’t have people blindly voting for a candidate that could very well cause much trouble in the future.

1. Jimbo says:

It is rather humerous to see you Cagle supporters scurrying like rats leaving a sinking ship. Jerm, aren’t you a Cagle staffer? You must be in fear of your job now.

Reed will win and he will win in November. Reed has celebrity status and people gravitate to him where ever he goes.

Let gawire and Cagle keep re-hashing old news, it appears to be really working.

2. The Busdriver says:

Michael Jackson has celebrity status as well and people gravitate to him wherever he goes.

3. jsm says:

It’s amazing to me that none of Ralph’s followers seem to care that even his candidacy is making Georgia a laughing stock to the rest of the Nation. I can’t imagine the scorn we would get if he were to be elected.

4. rugby_fan says:

as i have said before, if RR gets the nomination–which I hope he does, only because it will provide for an interesting race–there will be far too many things for Dems and Repubs to use against him for him to be victorious.

5. GAWire says:

Jimbo, how am I “rehashing old news?” I’m simply asking voters to evaluate the candidates by using ALL of the facts and information that we have. If you consider that to be “old news,” then I submit to you, that “old news” can be extremely valuable when attempting to evaluate the candidates, and thinking about which one will be right for this state.

This isn’t “old news,” Jimbo … everything we know about Ralph Reed should be used to make this extremely important decision. This “old news” you speak of says a great deal about Ralph’s character!

Either way, we know the level of your thinking by assuming that a candidate is worthy, simply b/c they are popular and people gravitate to them. I like the point that was made that the same could be said for Michael Jackson … I would add Bill and Hillary Clinton to that characterization as well. Heck, you could even say people gravitated towards Mao Zedong, but that doesn’t mean he should be Georgia’s Lt. Governor!

6. Jimbo says:

I have always felt that the editors at PP were against Reed and supported Cagle. Now that you posted something on the front page that blasted Reed, I am now sure of it. Don’t you have guidelines you have to follow?

Cagle is slime purd and simple and he made his money and fortune serving himself instead of the taxpayers..

7. jerm says:

@Jimbo – No I am not a Cagle staffer, just a grassroots supporter and those who are-are secure in their positions as they have been for a long while now.

8. Demonbeck says:

Jimbo,

Even if that last statement were true (and spelled correctly), I’d rather have someone who made their money and fortune serving themselves instead of the taxpayers than have someone serve themselves making a fortune by playing up and on people’s blind religious faith.

Imagine how many widowed grandmother’s bankrupted themselves giving to the Christian Coalition and other Reed causes so he could in turn make millions for himself.

I swear, Reed would tell his followers that God had told him to raise $8 million, if he did not God would “take him home,

9. debbie0040 says:

Demonbeck, Reed did not do what you accused him of. Show your evidence. Reed fought new casinos from opening up. Reed did not scam anyone out of money.

Reed is a private business man. Cagle served himself while he was supposed to be serving the taxpayers…

10. HSC Republican says:

Debbie,
    What do you mean? Ralph did do what Demonbeck said! Reed took advantage of the Christian Right to protect his buddy’s clients. I am sure a lot of people would not do things over again if they had the chance. The problem is you can not do things over again. Ralph used the people who trusted him to make millions. It may be legal it may be illegal, that is still up in the air. The fact is that Ralph took MILLIONS from gambling interest, and had it sent to him through non-profit organizations. It smells fishy to me!

11. Demonbeck says:

Reed is a private business man who made a fortune off of other people’s money. That money was taken “in the name of the Lord” and used to line Reed’s pockets and the pockets of folks like Jack Abramoff. If you believe differently, then you are naive, in denial or just plain stupid.

Like I said, even if your claims about Cagle were true, I would rather have a politician who profits off of their knowledge and influence within the government than one who makes a fortune off of other people’s blind religious faith.

Reed took money knowingly from the Cousahatta Tribe – among others – to fight gambling in Texas and Alabama and used his influence with Christian organizations to get them to do his bidding. He knowingly profitted off of people’s faith in the Lord. Whether that is a crime punishable by the laws of the state, I don’t know. Regardless, he’ll be punished in the hereafter.

12. JP says:

JSM, I agree completely. Georgia will rightly be a laughing stock if Reed even wins the Republican primary. And I’ll be participating in the mocking, let me tell you.

13. GAWire says:

Debbie, in one posting you show your blind hypocracy.

First, you say that Ralph didn’t do what he is being accused of and ask to show evidence, and then two sentences later, you accuse Cagle of something that you have no proof. If you say you have proof, then we will know it is purely heresay and spin, b/c there hasn’t even been the smallest form of investigations into Cagle’s activities b/c everyone knows he did nothing even remotely wrong. He is a private businessman, as well as being a State Senator. Just because you are a Senator, doesn’t mean you cannot be successful. All of the proof/facts show that there was nothing questionable about Cagle’s business activities.

The accusations around Reed, however, do not absolve him of any wrongdoing … all he can show is that the statute of limitations has ran out on his wrongdoings. And as for proof, there is so much evidence showing that Ralph participated in unethical activity, there is no point in even going into it.

14. GAWire says:

Oh, and Jimbo … when I took my solemn oath as a front page poster at Peach Pundit, I pledged to remain impartial and non-partisan in the same manner that NY Times columnists are required.

I think I have fulfilled that oath well! 🙂

15. debbie0040 says:

From the June 13th edition of Savannah Now:

Local News Web posted Saturday, June 10, 2006

Cagle: Everybody does it

Ralph Reed’s latest campaign broadside may say a lot about Casey Cagle.

Or it may merely say something about the way we do politics in Georgia.

Either way, it’s not pretty.

Reed, battling Cagle for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor, accuses Cagle of using his state Senate perch to feather his banking nest.

Reed’s campaign says Cagle served on a banking committee, authored five bills on banking and voted 33 times on legislation affecting banking.

All the while, the campaign said, the Chestnut Mountain lawmaker served on the board or as chairman of a bank or the holding company that owned it.

Among the bills Reed says Cagle voted on were ones that let banks sell insurance, securities and corporate bonds.

Reed’s campaign cites Cagle’s official economic interest statements, which show that his bank holdings increased from $50,000 in 1998 to $450,000 at the end of 2005.

Reed campaign manager Jared Thomas noted that Cagle has said he sets “a fairly high standard

16. Cobb County says:

Man, the Cagle Crew must have dug deep into the archives to find this story. I remember reading about it over a year ago. It is really sad that the Cagle campaign is centered around two or three worn out stories that most people really just don’t care about. Just a thought, which I admit isn’t worth much more than anyone elses.

17. GAWire says:

I don’t understand … if you have a complaint, then you have been challenged to file it officially. If you really think there is something frivolous with what Cagle has done, then it is your DUTY to file a complaint, so that it can be officially looked in to.

Further, how do Reed people talk about “lowering the standard”? Ralph lowered the standard to “if the statute of limitations runs out, then you can’t catch me.”

C’MON FOLKS … EVALUATE THE CANDIDATES WITH THE FACTS!!!!

Fine, if you think there could be questions about Casey’s actions, then look into the facts. What have the investigations into the matter turned up? Have the official complaints proven any wrongdoing? Surely, if there was wrongdoing, then there should be an official record of it. What have the investigations shown? Have there been official investigations? If not, then why not? Could it be b/c there isn’t anything to investigate?

Now, look at the investigations around Ralph Reed. What do they show? Who are his associations with? Where was his money made? What was the source of the majority of his revenue? What kind of organizations did he work with? Did he use his resources (lists of religious organizations and leaders) for clients as he said he would do? Did he have non-profit organizations used to funnel money and hide sources? Did he file the proper disclosures? Has Ralph Reed’s name turned up in any Senate Committee Hearings? Why and what was the context? What have respected Senators said about Ralph Reed in those hearings?

Weigh the facts, folks! You will learn a lot and you will be able to see much more clearly and feel better about your vote in a couple of weeks!

18. GAWire says:

Cobb, it doesn’t matter if it came up 10 yrs ago … these are the facts, which reflect Ralph Reed’s character, and that is what voters need to understand before voting.

Your statute of limitations or “that was a long time ago” attitude doesn’t make him any better to hold office. Also, it’s not a very good defense, so I suggest you come up with s/t else.

19. Cobb County says:

I was just making an observation about how this story was posted like it’s a new revelation, which it is not. My point is that the stories a re-tred’s that have lost their punch.

20. GAWire says:

Cobb, not sure how that is, but I will admit that a lot of these stories aren’t going to make a lot of difference. They play a key role, but as every regular PP reader knows, I have talked repeatedly about how turnout will decide who the victor in this race will be.

I have just talked to/heard numerous people lately that are really struggling with this decision. Many people were Ralph supporters – many of whom came from religious conservative backgrounds, and they want to vote for someone who they have been told was a good religious conservative; however, the things they are hearing has made them question this, and is leading many to consider not voting at all.

I just want to show people a helpful way to make the best decision. Many voters don’t know where to start with evaluating candidates. Some folks vote based on the amount of yard signs they see or the mail piece that was more colorful.

I don’t want to see this happen here. I want them to support Casey Cagle, based on the best information. Also, I want them to feel good about this decision. Further, I want people to answer the questions in their heads that ALL Reed supporters inevitably have. I know that Reed supporters are wondering what’s behind these claims that have come up.

This is very important. There’s a lot at stake here.

The bottom line is that turnout will determine the winner, so I do want to make sure Cagle people get out to vote. But, there is a much bigger issue here, which is of great importance and concern, and that needs to be understood.

21. Cobb County says:

I completely agree with you on turnout, which should be very interesting. I also respect your opinion. I am just honestly ready for the primary! And having a Republican Lt. Gov., which ever candidate wins on the 18th.

22. Michael C says:

Casey Cagle is a Citizen Legislature. Now Debbie if you would like Georgia to be more like California and have a full-time legisture, then I suggest you fight for it. I for one like how Georgia does it.

From your complaint, people should not serve in the legislature on comittees in which they have expertise? How stupid is that.

Interesting that Cagle has released all of his financial information, while Reed refuses to do so. What is Reed hiding? Oh yeah he is circling the wagons to ward off an indictment. Come on Ralph release your tax returns.

23. Bull Moose says:

Thank you GAWire for posting that post that you did. Be careful though, I got banned from the front page for being against Ralph Reed. Erick may ban you too.

Ralph Reed is toxic.

Some on here say that he is a celebrity and that people gravitate toward him, however, at the Georgia Municipal Association meeting in Savannah that was clearly not the case. Practically no one wanted anything to do with Ralph. He wandered around by himself meanwhile, local elected officials from throughout the state clamored to speak with the next Lt. Governor of Georgia, Casey Cagle.

These Reed people are absolutely dillusional if they think that Reed is qualified or if it’s even appropriate for him to seek this office.

Ralph Reed go away, move to another state.

24. Romegaguy says:

Anybody else see the story that came out today that Ralph doesnt take out taxes on his campaign staff because he sees them as independent contractors? You would think that they would have known that BEFORE they wrongly accused Casey of not paying taxes on his campaign staff…

25. dadshig says:

Your illustration of the absurdity of Ralph Nader taking money from Ford and Chrysler rings a bell. About 1972, I interviewed Nader for a college publication, and did some digging on his background in preparation. My recollection is that Nader did have a grant from the Ford Foundation during the time he was blasting the Chevy Corvair. Sorry I don’t have documentation handy.

26. str8tfromtheheart says:

I think may be one of the few people who likes both candidates, and I have been saying that I wont pick my candidate until I am actually in the polls. I am starting to get annoyed with both of their supporters though. GAwire has made me want to vote for Cagle less and less, and the Reed supporters arent doing much better. I am tired of hearing about why the other candidate is wrong, and I am just waiting for someone to give me a legite reason of why the other candidate is right for the job.

27. Demonbeck says:

Str8t,

Cagle is right for the job, because he has proven that he can handle the burden of leadership responsibly. He has A+ ratings from all the major conservative organizations on his voting record and the support of Jeff Chapman – the author of SB86 (the eminent domain bill). He has worked in the Senate for 12 years and knows the rules and the people within that body. Since that is the most important duty of the Lt. Governor, I believe that is why you should support Casey Cagle.

28. GAWire says:

Thanks for jumping on that, Demon. You’re correct!

Str8t, I am sorry that I drive you away from Cagle, but that is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to keep the facts out there, and trying to keep them clear amongst the spin that has been presented by Cagle’s opposition.

To be honest, I started out this race as an anti-Reed guy, but as I learned more about Casey Cagle, I gradually turned into a pro-Cagle guy, and that is where I currently am, and would encourage you to do the same, mostly based on the points that Demon made above.

I would also add my argument for Casey Cagle:

-He has served in the GA State Senate for over a decade, which is the legislative body over which the Lt Gov presides
    -He has sponsored numerous pieces of conservative legislation
    -He has voted for hundreds pieces of conservative legislation
    -As Demon pointed out, he has been endorsed by all of the conservative groups
    -Casey has also been endorsed by the far majority of elected officials in Georgia, including the Senate
    -His personal life reflects character
    -He has contributed to the state’s economy, not only through sponsoring and voting for fiscally conservative and economic-friendly policy, but as a successful businessman

These are just a few of the reasons why I am voting for Casey Cagle, and hope you would, too.

Again, I would like to point out that my post was not meant to accuse Ralph Reed of anything or to harp on negatives all day long. The point was to encourage voters like you to look at all of the facts, including positive and negative points, of BOTH candidates, in order to help you make the best decision with your vote in July.

I encourage all voters to sit down for 15 minutes one evening between now and Primary Day with a notepad and a computer, and simply write out on a sheet of paper the pros and cons of each candidate. Look at their websites to get their positives. Then, look at different stories from reputable news and media organizations. Then, go to the THOMAS website (just Google it) and search for policy, hearings, or anything that might mention the candidates’ names. Do the same thing for the GA State Legislature website. Spend a few minutes looking through references to the candidates from official records.

I am confident you can do all of this in about 15-30 minutes, and the time would be educational and well-spent. Then, go out and vote on Primary Day for the candidate that you feel is honestly best for to serve in this office.

29. debbie0040 says:

Romega guy, I would like to see that. I checked out Reed’s disclosure form for December 2005 and it clearly says, Georgia Dept. of Revenue, payroll taxes.

Payroll taxes are due quarterly and you have so many days (30 or 60 I believe) after the end of the quarter to file the form and pay the taxes.

Please provide a link to the story. Whoever printed that should be sued …

30. debbie0040 says:

I was able to check the newer disclosure forms filed at the Ethics Commission and they show payments to the Dept. of Revenue payroll taxes on the ammended form and March 31st form.

Typical Cagle innuendo and outright lies. It had to be a blind idiot not to see those expenditures…

31. LINDA says:

After reading the evidence, I have decided to vote for Casey Cagle. I am now very disappointed that Ralph Reed has not dropped out of the race, and I feel that his involvement with gambling has harmed the GOP not only in Georgia but on the federal level. The mud slinging ads are harmful to the Republican Party, and very disgusting. The only comfort about living in Georgia these days is it beats living in New Jersey, but we are running a close second with corruption for sure.

32. IndyInjun says:

UGH! Reed in Muck

On a hot Tuesday in the mid-July Moon,
    The war is over. Not a minute too soon.
    A victor will emerge from verbal attack.
    One with no reeking wampum sack?

Just remember, a Reed grows in muck.
    Yet casino dice will bring Cay Gull luck.
    The Baptists will in their ire Reed dunk.
    ‘Cause his whining excuses are total bunk.

Preachers say we have all fallen short.
    “WE never pimped YOU out!” is our retort
    For the millions of bucks prove the greed
    Of the baby-faced punk named Ralphie Reed.

The disgust at Clinton’s dress staining,
    Was the source of great GOP complaining
    But the damage of Bill’s spilling his seed,
    Is multiplied 100-fold by the trickery of Reed.

“STOP the evils and gambling Perdition”
    Cried you Fundies of the Christian Coalition
    Your anti-casino march was to shock and awe.
    Surprise! Your funds were from the CHOCTAW!

Many hands will be shaken at the old fish fry
    Prying loose the votes on the 18th of July
    Poor Cay Gull has not the I’Bribe Em Off Wampum
    Or water-dunking holy men beating their tomtoms

But when the votes are at last counted as cast
    The people of Georgia will give a big blast
    To the Presidential aim of Reed’s Ambition.
    ‘Cause if he wins, in November we’ll go fishin’

So says an Indy Injun of Wise Peach Tribe
    Who hates lying Pols or those taking a bribe.
    Lets flush Ralph like dung left in a stall
    Good day to fellow bloggers one and all….

33. Jimbo says:

Keep on with your cute little poetry. My favorite poetry will be when the returns start coming in and you Cagle creeps are now where to be seen

34. Romegaguy says:

I have decided that I should be nice to Ralphie today. I mean, afterall, he is probably distraught over the death of his good friend and former client Ken Lay.

35. Bill B. says:

As expected the Cagle staff and minions on here will continue to back him. As the polls have shown (straw ones included) the REPUBLICAN voters of Georgia will continue to support Ralph Reed. Why? Because he is a true conservative and a real Republican.

Ralph won’t donate to Mark Taylor
    Ralph won’t ignore private property rights
    Ralph won’t act like a tax-cutter and do nothing

Ralph will work to build our party
    Ralph will stand up for private property owners
    Ralph will cut taxes

I’m voting with 64% of Cobb Republicans, 56% of Gwinnett Republicans, and the majority of state-wide Republicans on July 18 for a leader – Ralph Reed!

36. LINDA says:

I have a question for all of the die hard Ralph Reed supporters: If all things were exactly as they are and Ralph Reed was running as a Democrat, would you stand by him because he is a great leader and because he is for property rights and he happened to be a Democrat that wants to cut taxes?

37. bowersville says:

All I’ve read thus far from the Reeds is what Ralph will or won’t do, or some ridiculously long post about how wrong minded Cagle has been, which by the way was posted on the AJC, political insider, almost verbatum, under another moniker. Hmm? I have questions because Reed has no official track record upon which the claims of “will or won’t” are made, Reed is at liberty to say or claim anything, which he has, with no consequences except:

Ralph won’t continue to except money through “not for profit organizations, will he?”

Ralph’s record of protecting property rights is what?

Ralph’s tax cutting measures have been?

Ralph will build the GOP by remaining free of corruption scandals?

I didn’t know Ralph cut any taxes did you?

Has Ralph learned enough to know now about what he should have known then to keep from embarrasing every Georgian in the future?

38. debbie0040 says:

I will always vote Repubican no matter what. As much as the local Dems try to distance themselves from the National Democratic Party, they can’t. They support Howard Dean, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry and have to support and donate to the natioanal party.

39. debbie0040 says:

Romega, I asked you back up your accusations that it was reported Reed did not pay payroll taxes. Did you forget or did you just make up a lie like Cagle does?

What Reed won’t do is serve himself when he is supposed to be serving the public like Cagle did. Reed won’t give $1,000 contribution to a Democrat to get appointed to the Senate Banking Committee and then pass legislation that increased his fortune 900%

40. stephaniemills21 says:

You folks have to give Debbie some credit. No matter what the topic debbie has a way of staying on message.

41. Bull Moose says:

From Debbie:

Good Lord Debbie… The man is a walking self serving hypocrite. Are you deaf, dumb, and blind to the facts?

Ralph Reed is one of the most hypocritical, charlatans out there. He’s worse than a televangelist back in their hay day. From Abramoff, casinos, online gaming, lobbying for sweat shops and abortion, money laundering, Enron, to actually launching campaigns against Republican Members of Congress, the man has no ethical or moral compass.

I can see it in his eyes. He’s just plain weird.

42. Cobb County says:

Bull Moose (Joel) It must have been a bad day for you and your clients on Saturday. Well, the past few weeks probably have not been so good either.

43. Romegaguy says:

No Debbie I didnt make it up nor did I forget you. I was giving your candidate time to mourn the death of his good friend Ken Lay. Busdriver posted this on this site but under another topic and I thought you might have been smart enough to have seen it there… I guess not.

Gainesville, GA – In a press release on June 30th, the Reed campaign falsely accused Casey Cagle of breaking tax law by treating campaign employees as contractors rather than full time employees. Now, new information has emerged today that Ralph Reed did the very same thing and failed to withhold payroll taxes on his campaign manager in his first and only previous campaign. According to documents filed by Reed’s company, Century Strategies, with the Internal Revenue Service, Reed failed to withhold income taxes for $12,500 in payments to his campaign manager in his run for state party chair.

Specifically, “Ralph Reed for Chairman

44. Romegaguy says:

And since someone brought up Zell (who because of dementia endorsed Ralph)… How did Zell become a millionaire while serving as Lt. Gov? He wasnt making $80k a year and somehow become a multi-millionaire. His wife worked for a bank as a teller for what was it, a month, and suddenly she becomes the owner of a bank while coincedentally Zell was leading the fight for banking deregulation in the 1980’s.

I have never liked Zell. And lest some of you forget, Zell helped give us Bill Clinton as President. And didnt he say at the first of this year that he thought Hillary would make a great president?

I ask you, which is worse, giving a $1000 to Mark Taylor to try to smooth over the mistake of a campaign of Mitch Skandalakis (ran by Ralph) or having the support of the man responsible for Bill Clinton becoming President and possibly his wife?

45. Bill B. says:

Linda,
    Ralph wouldn’t be a democrat AND he sure as hell wouldn’t donate to them like Cagle did.

46. Demonbeck says:

Instead, he would get Democrats to run against them, just like he did with JC Watts and nine other Republican Congressman that voted against him and E-Lottery.

47. LINDA says:

I am only proving that if Ralph Reed was a Democrat that Republican activists would tear him to shreds, and rightly so. This is an example of party allegiance that makes excuses for wrongdoing, and is absolutely no different than when the Democrats defended President Clinton.

48. northside elephant says:

Yeah Bill, what do you think of Demonbeck’s comment? You do know that Reed recruited and directed money and campaign expertise to Democrats running against 9 incumbent Republicans don’t you?

49. debbie0040 says:

Setting the Record Straight
    Cagle Lie: Reed took millions of dollars to help casinos.
    The Truth: Reed helped close illegal casinos and protected families from the ill effects of gambling.
    Ralph has opposed gambling in 26 states. His work closed or prevented from opening nine illegal casinos. The work he did was entirely consistent with his moral opposition to gambling. (Gwinnett Daily Post, June 23, 2005)
    According to the Attorney General of Alabama, the legislation that Reed helped defeat would have led “to the vast expansion of casino-type gambling throughout Alabama.

50. BlackVoters says:

Okay- You “Cagle People” have have awakened all us “Colored People” ! That’s for damn sure. We know a snake when we see one and Casey Cagle is a snake! We see the Reed signs up driving home from work and the next morning they are down. Your redneck thugs from the North GA Mountains with their slow hick talk and their beer bellies are enough to make even a black man sick. We have stood with Ralph Reed for 20 years. He has been in the trenches with us fighting the liberal good ole boys. It is clear that all the white senators are joining the good ole boys club by siding with their buddy Casey. If Cagle wins this thing, we will vote democrat in the General. Reed has the black vote either way. Give it up for Reed. Peace Out!

51. BlackVoters says:

Reed has the Black Vote! We don’t like Nascar. Burn the checkered flag. Raise the American and the Christian Flag.
    We vote Christian. We vote issues not insults. It is obvious to us that the good ole boy white senate is with Cagle’s Pit Crew. We will pass on the race cars. REED our lips. REED our mind. We have learned to REED very well!
    Peace Out!