Suckered? [UPDATE]

From the tip line:

Nice move running the tip about Stephens supposed web site. Looks like you were suckered.

Hey, we always point out what’s on the tip line because you best beware. I’m kind of surprised they did not put up a site like that, though. Were I them, I would. But then I wonder how much Senator Stephens has in the bank that he can afford to do something like that.

In fact, speaking of Senator Stephens, I was talking to several of his supporters this week and they were all very, very concerned about his campaign. However, I got my first mail piece from him today and it’s a very well done piece.

I must say, though, that my gut right now tells me Karen Handel is the front runner.

[UPDATE] In addition to more from the tip line, I’ve done some digging. Knowledgeable sources tell PP to stay tuned.

1. GAWire says:

Wow, that person really got you there, Erick. That was a good one … tell Peach Pundit about a bogus website, and that will do a lot for your guy.

Great strategy (read sarcasm)!

I can just see it now … there is some kid who just got back to his dorm room from his College Republican mixer and thinks he is Karl Rove’s protege b/c PP ran a bogus tip he sent in to an OPEN TIP LINE.

What a great contributor! Keep it up. But, you might need to get back to your PoliSci 1001 homework …

2. Jeff Emanuel says:

Wire, repeat after me, please: The…College…Republicans…are…not…a…whipping…boy

Seriously, though, that’s the risk with having an anonymous tip line–always the chance of getting one or two bad tips, but it’s worth it for all the good information that comes through.

3. Bill Simon says:

Erick,

See how much wasted vitriol YOU produce by printing such rumors? My post and the subsequent Bus Driver’s post and then my reaction to that, and so on…could have ALL been avoided had you stopped to think about the consequences of such a post. 😉

4. GAWire says:

Jeff, I know, I know … but how else will my disdain from years of CR volunteers on the campaign trail be communicated if I don’t make a little fun on PP? 🙂

Seriously, nothing wrong with CR’s – they are typically good volunteers and help out a lot … except the ones who think they are little Karl Roves, and wonder why CNN is banging on their door asking them to be political analysts. But, I guess that’s why we have Hill staffer jobs … that will eliminate their ferver (sp?) and humble them in no time.

5. Batman says:

Stephens had that Aquarium fundraiser where he banked a ton of money, I’m sure he’d have the money to do what he wanted. Have you seen Handel’s mailer? It is like 8 pages long. Not only is no one going to read that, but she must be putting her eggs all into one basket, which is not a smart move.
    I think it is funny that everyone got into a big hub-bub about this website, and we still don’t even know if it exists.

6. Chris says:

An of 0wned, pwned, 0wn3d, pwn3d, own3d is acceptable

From Urban Dictionary:

owned: v. tr.
    To be made a fool of; To make a fool of; To confound or prove wrong; embarrasing someone: Being embarrased.
    Total and undeniable dominance of a person, group of people or situation as to make them/it akin to ones [bitch].

punked:
    A way to describe someone ripping you off,tricking you, teasing you
    When you make fun of someone so bad they have nothing else to say back.

So in this case, either is acceptable.

7. Bill Simon says:

Actually, while you Bat-morons might not take the time to read 8 pages, outside-of-political-circle-voters I’ve talked to actually LOVE the piece and do spend time reading it.

8. 4ofspades says:

Looks like stephens will have to go postal to try to get out of third place. He previous false negative attacks haven’t worked.