Taylor a no show

Mark Taylor was a no show for a debate last night with Cathy Cox down in Savannah.

The Georgia Press Association is assembling here this Wednesday evening, and word is spreading that Mark Taylor, the Democratic candidate for governor, has nixed his scheduled debate with primary rival Cathy Cox.

It was supposed to happen Thursday. The reviews are not pretty. “We’ve been snubbed by better candidates,

1. Ellis Wyatt says:

Should anyone really be shocked by this?

Democrats and Republicans have avoiding debating issues for years… only now apparantly they refuse to debate another person who’s the exact same as them.

2. Ellis Wyatt says:

Should read…

Should anyone really be shocked by this?

Democrats and Republicans have avoided debating issues for years… only now apparently they refuse to debate another person who’s the exact same as them.

3. Romegaguy says:

Insider Advantage has a new poll that shows Mark gaining more of a lead against Cathy. I have heard rumors that Sonny’s own polls show Mark with an 18 point lead over Cathy. Why risk an ever increasing lead by debating?

4. Demonbeck says:

Seriously, why is everyone so concerned about the race for second in the GA Governor’s campaign. This is a non-issue.

5. Melb says:

Mark is ahead in the polls so he should wait for the televised ones, no point to give her preparation for those when they reach way more people.

6. SouthernConservative says:

Larry sez,

Heard that Cagle just dominated Reed at the LG forum. It was apparently pretty ugly.

Well, I just heard that Ralph totally kicked Casey around at the forum, even to the point of making Casey cry. Apparently it was pretty embarassing.

Gimme a break. I wasn’t there, so I won’t try to speak on it or throw some fluff trying to make myself sound like I was there or know anything about it.

Was anyone there that can give an honest evaluation of Ralph v. Casey?

7. Bill Simon says:

Honesty is a relative term. You Reedies think as long as someone hasn’t been arrested for wrongdoing, they’re innocent people who should be given the keys to the Capitol to rape and pillage.

8. truerblue says:

Does anyone else out there have a problem with “The BIG GUY” and “The LITTLE GUY” thingy? I think its demeaning to the “average guy”. Also-I guess Linda and I are only bloggers on this page who aren’t afraid of reality.

9. LINDA says:

Amen to truerblue,

I have already forgot more that most in this blogosphere have learned in my life time as a woman that has now lived for half a century. So to the young whipper snappers that are still wet behind the ears, please try to remove your blinders and see that there ain’t a dime’s difference in the Republican Party or the Democrat Party. If you could only see what me and other baby boomers have already lived and learned, you would see that you are caught up in ideology instead of substance.

I am not putting you guy and gals down, as I have a son that is your age that still has a lot to learn. Abortion debates and gay marriage debates are not what will help us survive as a nation, the real debate is bold immigration reform that rounds people up and sends them home, arrests people that hire illegals, and that does not sugar coat the issue. We need to look for real leaders that will not take pay offs, and sell out our children’s future. All this other crap is fluff designed to keep everyone in a fog. Hang in there, and study history because it has a way of repeating itself.

10. Demonbeck says:

Geez, that may be the most succinct version of the same old crap I have ever heard. Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of my life.

11. Tuckertown says:

Taylor has been a No Show for a decade. Nothing new in Savannah. Just more spin from his campaign — pretend like we’re in the lead so we don’t have to show up. What a bunch of condescending crap. Hey Taylor, show up and run the state or get out of the way. The rest of us have a state to look after, and you’re wasting our time.