Oxendine on Cagle

This is from the tip line:

Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine was at the luncheon for Casey Cagle today. Before Steve Forbes spoke, Ox asked for a moment to make what he described as an “unusual announcement.

1. SOUTHERNCOMFORT says:

Erick, nice try to diminish the endorsment at the end of your post, you guys are really sad.I agree with everyone here why don’t you go ahead and endorse your boy you have already been tagged a Reedite anyway.You guys are really sad….

2. SouthernConservative says:

This, coming from a guy who’s ethics have been questioned on numerous occasions, has wrecked how many state vehicles because of careless driving?

Translation: Ox wants some headline space.

3. Bill B. says:

Did he use the flashing lights to give Cagle a ride from his bank board meeting to the fundraiser?

4. Jimbo says:

I am quite sure the Drexinger will wage a very dirty campaign. Oxendine’s words will come back to haunt him.

5. Romegaguy says:

Drexenger will indeed attempt to wage a dirty campaign but he will need a lot more cash to get his message out. He also needs to worry about his own lapses of ethics.

6. Jimbo says:

The Dems have targeted that race so Drexinger will be able to raise money.

It would have been a close race anyway, but Oxendine just pissed off the Reed people and will lose that vote.

Oxendine is a cocky, arrogant, s.o.b and will have a fight on his hands.

7. Demonbeck says:

Jimbo,

Thanks for proving that Reed followers aren’t true Republicans. You’d rather burn the church down than have another preacher.

8. Jimbo says:

Demonbeck, what about Cagle supporters that have gone on record as saying they would not support Reed? What is the difference?

When Oxendine attacked Reed, it was an affront to all Reed supporters. If he does not want Reed on the ticket, then he does not deserve the vote or support of Reed supporters.

Oxendine is not known for his intelligence, but that was a stupid thing he did. He is so arrogant, he thinks he can’t be defeated.

9. Mrs. Adam Kornstein says:

Is it a “dirty” campaign to tell the truth now?

I mean, what has Drexinger said that wasn’t true?

10. Bull Moose says:

There you go again Erick with your obvious bias toward Ralph Reed…

Wish as you may that he will win, but it it’s just not going to happen…

Everyone with a modicum of common sense is getting on board the Cagle Crew!

11. Erick says:

Bull, you’re just mad you’re not on the front page any more. You two need to grow up. Just because I’m not willing to fellatiate the campaign of your choice on the front page, does not mean I’m against it. Some of us try to be objective.

12. atlantaman says:

This is probably a comment that needs its own thread, but what does everyone think the turnout in the Republican Primary will be like this election?

Will the Casey and Ralph battle be enough to generate interest or will the fact the Gov. has already been determined (sorry States Rights McBerry) and no Senate races mean a dismal turnout?

Remember, we all live and breath this stuff but does the average voter care about L.G. and Secretary of State?

13. blazer says:

Ox, is just a disgruntled customer…. by that I mean, he still thinks he should be the Lt. Gov. but he dropped as soon as Ralph announced so he had now made it his duty to keep Ralph out of that office.

14. The Busdriver says:

Every time a Reed supporter complains about another candidate’s ethics . . . an angel gets its wings.

15. debbie0040 says:

It is pretty hypocritical for a Cagle supporter to complain about someone else’s ethic.

Oxendine was very foolish in doing what he did…

16. Brian from Ellijay says:

LOL, Jimbo, are you in third grade or are you just Debbie in disguise.

I am sure that republicans, the real conservatives, will get behind whoever wins the primary. Lest there be a more conservative choice. I can not imagine most Ds in Georgia providing that choice anymore.

Now I can not speak for the likes of liberals like Bill Simon and the like.

17. The Busdriver says:

Look out, Debbie is headed to Vegas. Can you smell the irony? (Hint: it smells like a gambling.)

18. IntheArena says:

I don’t know how Oxendine gets away with being ‘cocky, arrogant’. I mean, seriously, he looks like Will Ferrell.

19. Maurice Atkinson says:

IntheArena, he seems like a decent person to me. I’ve met him on a number of occasions. He’s done a good job for Georgia.

20. Brian from Ellijay says:

He has done something right, after all isnt he the top vote getter on the R side every 4 years?

21. shep1975 says:

Actually, no. Oxendine hasn’t been the top vote getter four times. In 1994, Mike Bowers was the top GOP vote getter. Bowers actually got more votes than Zell Miller did. Guy Milner also got more votes than Ox that year.

However in 1998, only Tommy Irvin and Ox got over a million votes.

In 2002, after wrecking two cars and being what some on this blog have called someone “who’s ethics have been questioned on numerous occasions” over the last 8 years, he got the most votes in state history at 1,274,831. Cathy (with a “C”) Cox came in second with 1,225,232.

I really don’t have time to go over the things Guy has said that aren’t true and the “inside baseball” on a lot of mis-information he’s putting out on insurance issues. Besides, people will accuse me of being biased anyway and discounting what I say. At least I don’t build my arguements around fake screen names.

22. Karla Stuckey says:

Interesting–I was at a breakfast meeting with some staffers of the GA delegation recently here in DC and this came up.

Isn’t Sen. Shafer married to Ox’s former wife? Doesn’t Shafer rent office space in a building owned by Ox? Wasn’t Ox the Shafer candidate for LG until Reed got in? When Ox was scared out of that race, Shafer turned to Cagle and the rest is history.

When I worked in GA, I dated a guy who worked for Ox. The stories he use to tell about that guy and his lack of ethics and his wierd relationship with Sen. Shafer! Ox is certainly one of those guys you have to wonder how he ever got elected, much less stays elected? But then I’ve met a lot of those working up here for the RNCC too! Of politics, truth is always stranger than fiction.

23. Headin\' South says:

Wait a minute, Brian is calling Bill Simon a liberal? I know Bill focuses on fiscal conservatism more than social conservatism, but I don’t think that makes him a liberal.

24. Brian from Ellijay says:

Thanks for your analysis Steve. But of course your definition of Conservative is different from Georgias.

“Karen Handel, Too Liberal for Georgia”

BTW, who is Headin South? Another one from the same IP?

25. Brian from Ellijay says:

Wow, thanks so much for your inside the beltway analysis Karla, I am not sure what we here voters in GA would have done without it. Next time please make sure to tell us about your Rove Connection.