State School Superintendent — Peach Pick

Image
There was no contest on the Republican side. The front page posters are geared up for Kathy with a K Cox. On the Democrat side, it was closer.

The Democrats have two solid candidates in the primary — Carlotta Harrell and Denise Majette. Majette, having won the Democratic Primary for the Senate against Johnny Isakson is back again and can probably use both her name recognition and experience to make it into a general election.

Though it was close, the front page Democrats and friends have decided to name Denise Majette as the Peach Pick for State School Superintendent.

1. Fiddes says:

Majette?!? Majette is the Peach Pundit pick on the Democratic ticket for Secretary of EDUCATION?!?!

As a DeKalb State Court Judge, she was well known for…well, let’s just say she had a huge case backlog and was God’s gift to defense attorneys and defendants. Further, serious sentences for offenders could rarely be found in her courtroom! Other than some National Park designation for Arabia Mountain, she did nothing while in the House of Representatives.

After a preposterous run for the Senate, she returns to DeKalb County and is appointed as a part-time Magistrate Court Judge. Then, realizing she has nothing better to do, she decides to run for Secretary of Education! Why? Well, why not!

The woman is a lawyer who doesn’t understand law…how can anyone think she knows ANYTHING about education? Playing the complete set of “Schoolhouse Rock” songs to a room full of students would have more of a measurable benefit to Georgia that Majette as SecEd.

2. nfire says:

“If Majette was on a Star Trek episode, it is virtually assured that she’d be the idiot security guard who would wonder into a cave full of lava monsters or get sprayed by a plant with killer spores.”

This is the quote of the day, or maybe of the year.

3. Erick says:

Fiddes,
    We let the Democrat front page posters and a few other Dem friends who are regulars here and have blogs vote. The R’s had nothing to do with it.

4. Fiddes says:

Erick-Woods (et. al.): I hope you do not take my rant as an attack on ANY of the fine people here (really)! Everyone’s opinion or vote here is Jim Dandy; I guess I just started to have a PTSD attack when I saw Majette’s name (grin).

5. Fiddes says:

Yeah, just read Majette’s official website: http://www.denisemajette.us

Here is the totality of her platform (from what I can see): “It’s been said that, “Without a vision, the people perish.” My vision is all of Georgia’s public schools will be the best in the South within ten years. One day, they will be among the best in the nation.”

Wow! Let me sit down…that is a really complete platform. I can see I was wrong about ‘ol Denise.

I’m officially announcing my run for Governor right here and now. My platform: Georgia #1! Now, I just need to sit back and wait for the votes to roll in…

6. caroline says:

Out in the real world, I don’t think that Majette has a chance of winning the primary.