Do Your Duty — Report

So, Stebin Horne has signs all over the place in Macon. Allen Peake and Becky Burgess do too. Frankly, that’s all you notice right now, politically.

What about your neighborhood? Who is winning the sign war? Who has the best TV or radio ad among the local candidates?

Report on your neighborhood.

1. Booray says:

Not local to GA, but traveling through Alabama last weekend saw a great yard sign for George Wallace Jr. who is running for LG over there:

“Keep STRANGE hands out of your pockets!”

Wallace’s opponent is Luther Strange, and he apparently raised taxes at some point.

2. blazer says:

Reed are the only signs in this neck of the woods, well I’ve seen 1 Hecht sign.

South GA

3. SouthernConservative says:

I’ve seen Middle Georgia, a little of Atlanta, and Cartersville/Rome/Marietta area this last week. Saw some Cagle signs in the northwest corner. A few Reed but more Cagle. Lots of Reed in Middle Georgia and Henry County area. Very few Cagle.

4. buzzbrockway says:

The candidate winning the sign war in and around Lawrenceville is Rosanna Szabo. She’s a candidate for Solicitor and I bet every single law firm has her sign in front of their office.

There are some absolutely horrible signs from some other candidates. I won’t post pictures until after the primary so as not to embarrass them – they’re that bad.

5. buzzbrockway says:

6. rugby_fan says:

Well I will extend “my area” into a nearby ‘hood I drive though alot. In my real neighborhood–nothing. Except for the Jim Marshall yardsigns near the highway. Oh and two Casey Cagle signs in fron of an office building.

When I drove through Buckhead, I saw three Taylor signs, one Greg Hecht, and two Marshall signs.

7. atlantaman says:

Big turnout at the Walton County GOP event, I saw:

Perdue, Reed, Handel, Stephens, Kemp, Greer, Eaton, Brown, and Wise there. Lots of folks in attendance.

8. MrGOPJr says:

In Oconee County, I have seen a few signs for Kemp and a few signs for Black. None for any other candidates. This surprises me as we provide a strong vote in the Republican primary.

9. Brian from Ellijay says:

Cobb-Reed has 4-4x4s up.
    Cagle has a handful of yardsigns out.
    Saw a few Stephens signs

Fulton-Bill Stephens has Buckhead covered up.
    Gary Black seems to have a few out, saw a couple yesterday.

Fannin, Pickens, Gilmer-Kemp, Cagle, Bill and Sonny have signs everywhere.

Not been down to Macon lately. Sorry

BTW, I hear that certain candidates were holding back until this weekend. Lets revisit this on Monday.

10. TigerLily says:

*Around the ATL airport there are tons of Give ’em Hecht signs which are terribly hard to read.

Something about Dems and billboards…

*Along I-16 and I-75 South of Perry I have seen Hecht for LT. Gov billboards

*Taylor has a billboard on 75N coming into ATL by the stadium

*Of course, David Scott has billboards up in Cobb and along I-20 East

After Memorial Day weekend, Bill Stephens signs were everywhere in West, South (Smynings) and East Cobb as well as Fulton County from Roswell, Buckhead and saw a few in Downtown area.

Scattered around yards in south Cobb I have seen David Scott yard signs. Also while driving in Cobb, Fulton, DeKalb I have seen Taylor yard signs.

Can’t say I have seen a Cox sign. Would say it is too early for Perdue.

Have seen the 4x4s of Reed and some small signs for Cagle in Cobb County.

Not much else out there….but expect more in the next week

11. Brian from Ellijay says:

Started seeing 4x4s for Cagle today. Acworth and around the loop seem to have quite a few.

12. leftymacon says:

Lots of signs from all 4 District 137 house candidates – but I wonder if some of them are placed without the homeowner’s permission. Have seen SEVERAL houses with a Allen peake and a Stebin horne sign side by side.

Have also seen lots of Dale Washburn signs – especially down Forsyth Road/Vineville Avenue, plus a few on Zebulon road.

Peake and Horne seem to be doing billboards. Washburn is doing TV – and I must say the ads make him look good. Whoever produced them did well.

Not so many for Burgess – does she even have a website?

13. ConcernedTeenager says:

Don’t know about the website, lefty, but apparently Washburn and Burgess have picked up the pace on signs. At least they’re not to the insanity point Peake and Horne were at a few weeks ago- you couldn’t go down the street without seeing at least a few signs for each! (I was sick of them and I can’t even vote!)

Haven’t really seen any Cox signs here in Macon- though a few Taylor signs can be seen at various intersections near the zebulon road area. I love the one ray mcberry sign on bass road for some odd reason.

As for TV ads, the District 137 race has been clean for the most part-wish I could say the same about all of the races (reed-cagle, give it a REST for crying out loud!). Dale Washburn seems to have the best web site, though the TV ads for the candidates aren’t that enlightening.

I agree with TigerLily on the Perdue signs…to paraphrase the Macon Telegraph from an article about a month ago: “…and Sonny Perdue faces token opposition from Ray McBerry…” It’s not like the flag issue will win anything for Mr. McBerry.

Does anybody else just want to take a rifle and blow some of these signs up? I heard about a sign that got slashed by a knife over on bass road the other day.