Does Greg Hecht Have A Chance?!

I just saw the Greg Hecht 15 second advertisement about him having some sort of energy plan.

It was AWFUL! The voice over sounded like it had been done by cell phone.

I’ve received several complaints about Hecht’s yard signs, which I haven’t seen yet. I hear the design is poor. My wife preferred his “Give Em Hecht

1. Mojo says:

No. Casey should go ahead and start ordering his office furniture. The current chair is too big for him to fill.

2. blazer says:

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: Sure, he could win the Dem primary. But he has no chance against Ralph Reed or Casey Cagle. Both hold a substantial war chest advantage including better organizations. Oh yea, and he is 3 feet 3 inches tall. All I have to say about that is, very, very, very fun debates.

3. Mojo says:

No. My imagination can only go so far. I mean, pink unicorns and Odin are one thing, but that is too much.

4. Romegaguy says:

Which yard sign? I have seen 2 different ones which is nice and confusing. One is the hideously designed color scheme one that is the most prevalent but there are also some Give ‘Em Hecht.

He may win the primary but he isnt able to win in November. God, I dont want to see a coordinated ad from Bobby Kahn of the big guy and the little guy… That would make me sick.

I heard Hecht sent out the traditional letter from his pollster back at the first of the year saying if the moon and stars alligned properly, and with your financial support, Hecht would win. The letter didnt include a poll from the Hecht campaign. Instead it quoted a poll from the AJC (from last fall) that said either Dem candidate (Martin or Hecht) could beat Reed and it also quoted an online poll from BillShipp.com that showed Hecht with a sizable lead over Martin. AN ONLINE POLL IS THEIR PROOF???!!!? Geesh, what an amature…

Not that Martin’s chances are any better. I agree that Cagle should go ahead and order a new chair.

5. Danny says:

I’ve seen several of his signs up and down GA Hwy 155 going through south DeKalb. I’ve also seen a few in the East Point area. The design on one sign in particular is very difficult to read.

It’s a blue background with red letters trimmed in white. To the casual observer it probably resembles more of a real estate sign than one for a political campaign.

If he makes it to November I too doubt he could win. Then again, I said the same thing about Purdue in 2002.

6. John McCain 2008 says:

I think Greg Hect fooled many of us, my self included, I assumed early on that since he was a former State Senator and seemed to have held the highest political office out of his fellow Democrats in this Lt.Gov race. However, at this point his candidacy is miniscule…Jim Martin has take a substantial lead and has the support of many law democratic law makers under the gold dome. If Steen Miles can get it together quickly enough, she may make it a competitive race, but at this poin Jim Martin looks like he’ll be the man that Casey Cagle beats in Novembee 🙂

7. Melb says:

Greg Hecht’s first signs were the ones you just described. He changed them because they were difficult to read and has since at least Feb. had the blue and white Hecht signs. I think those look nice, basic, and gets the job done.

8. Nativeson says:

Not so fast, Romegaguy! Don’t knock the idea of Bobby Kahn’s commercials featuring the “The Big Guy” and “The Little Guy.” They could recreate the scene from the Austin Powers movie where Fat Bastard decides he wants to eat Mini-Me. Taylor could tell Hecht: “Get in my belly!”

9. Romegaguy says:

Twins…hahaha

Maybe they could put Hecht in a diaper and have him crawl across the Capitol… no wait, that has already been done.

10. SouthernConservative says:

Nativeson – **** you!!!! I was scrolling down through the comments planning to post EXACTLY what you put up. Touche! That’s hilarious. Mark Taylor = Fat Bastard and Greg Hecht = Mini – me. Just touching 😀 All Bobby K has to do is shave his head and he’ll look just like Dr. Evil. Not that he has much to shave.

Anyway, I don’t think Hecht will beat Jim Martin. All of the state emplyees will vote for Martin.

11. JakeTaylor says:

The Ad you were referring to I believe is a 5 second ad, he also has a 15 second ad as well – It must be working if you noticed it and remembered what it was about.

The Hecht campaign changed their signs from the hard to read red and blue ones to the blue and white ones in March. The blue and white ones are easier to read and focus on the Hecht name.

I do not think that anyone will have a warchest on July 18th all of the candidates in both the Republican and Democratic primary will be spent out. Hecht has shown the best ability to raise money which should make him the most competitive candidate against either Cagle or Reed.

12. Erick says:

Jake, you are right, it had to be 5 to 10 seconds. But I noticed it and remembered because I’m a political junkie and was sitting in front of my blogging program right then and there.

I doubt too many others are like that.

13. Demonbeck says:

Greg Hecht has an excellent chance to win the Democratic nomination for Lt. Governor.