Handel announces plan.

From Handel’s website:

Karen Handel Announces Plans for Licensure Division

Only Candidate with Detailed Plans for Secretary of State

Karen Handel today announced her plan for the Professional Boards and Licensure Division of the office of Secretary of State.

“An important function of the Secretary of State is the oversight of 34 professional boards and 64 trades and professions that are administratively attached to the office. My Balanced Plan for Consumers and Professionals includes commonsense reforms to help ensure that professional oversight is not so burdensome that it strangles job growth and economic prosperity and calls for a more proactive approach to consumer protection and a greater emphasis on customer service.

1. 4ofspades says:

What a contrast. Outrages vs. real plans to improve the department.

I like the improved testing, and suspend business license if you willfully hire illegals.

2. jacewalden says:

Most of the plan is vague and unspecific. A plan without specifics isn’t worth the 10 seconds it took my computer to download the PDF.

STEPHENS ’06

3. bowersville says:

Karen announces a plan, Stephens fails to announce any plan at any time for anything. So may the voter choose, an unspecific vaugue plan, versus no plan. I guess a fund raiser is more important in politics than a plan. I guess this one will be decided by which senator endorses who?

4. jacewalden says:

Guys,

Read his website. He summed up into 4 simple points what has taken Karen numerous press releases to come up with. If it takes hundreds of press-releases and several pages of PDF and bullet points, it is not COMMON sense. Sorry guys.

STEPHENS ’06

5. bowersville says:

I refuse to bring this up directly. I will simply ask a question. Does Senator Douglas endorse Senator Stephens?

6. jacewalden says:

Bowersville,

After all we’ve been through on this blog, I can’t believe you think so little of me. You think that just because Douglas supports him, I support him. Sorry, but I can think for myself thank you very much.

Where I’m from, Stephens is kind of a household name. He’s from my hometown (Morganton) In fact, his mother Barbara is the mayor of my hometown. I supported Bill even when he was a Democrat and my Rep. I know Bill, he’s a good guy. He went out of his way to help me out on a couple of things that I needed help on. He’s smart, he has a history of leadership, and he’s qualified. That’s why I support Bill Stephens for Secretary of State.

And the fact that Douglas supports him too is a testament to the quality of Stephens. Douglas doesn’t give his support out lightly and he takes his endorsements very seriously. It is to Stephens’s credit that he recieved Douglas’s endorsement.

7. bowersville says:

Good,
    I do not think little of you. I wanted everyone to see that you think for yourself. However, I respectfully disagree with Douglas’ assessment of Stephens, and your assessement.

8. bowersville says:

You are correct. that is not a bad compromise. it shows we are both independent thinkers. if you ever run in my district, let me know, you have my vote. now the rest of you, jump!

9. bowersville says:

So
    Stephens has a four point plan, Senator come on this board and articulate it to me, or will save for the aqaurium?

10. McCain-Rice \\\'08 says:

I agree that plan was “vauge and un-specific” but I have to give her credit, at least she has released a plan…all Im hearing from Stephens latley is that he is against gay marrige and I fail to see how that is remotely relevant. Now, just today I recieved an e-mail invitation from his campaign for an event at which Senator Zell Miller will endorse him at the Georgia Aquarium, I might just go to that.
    However, Im leaning towards Stephens, but he has dissapointed me latley, I plan on going to the debate on the 5th, and I may just change my mind on this race depending on the outcome of that debate.

11. Kate says:

MR08 –
    I didn’t have my mind made up in this race. I did make up my mind when I saw both Handel and Stephens. Handel had a detailed knowledge of the issues, Stephens always spoke at a high level.