Partyin’ With the Governor

It looks like the Governor had a lot of fun at prom this weekend. Oh, and way cool to have Waffle House there. There’s nothing like waffles and hashbrowns at three a.m. after you’ve been out drinking all night — not that there was alcohol there, but still.

Image

Oh, and it looks like even the Governor scored 😉

(Photo credit: AP)

Hat tip to The Hotline Blog.

[UPDATE] By the way, my wife thinks it is very cool that the Governor did that. And she pointed out how much weight the Governor has lost. He really has! Well done, Sonny.

1. midtowndem says:

Perdue looks like a complete idiot, someone remind him that he signed off on a new sex offender law.

2. flamingmoderate says:

“Not every 59 year old Georgian jumped at the chance to go to a high school prom filled with young girls…aren’t you glad Sonny did.”

Still voting for him…just wanted to pick on him a little.

3. georgia grrl says:

thats just creepy.

no wonder he voted against raising the age of consent from 14 to 16.

4. Brian from Ellijay says:

Give him a break. Sonny was just trying to have some fun. What, are Democrats teh only ones allowed to do that.

5. Bill Simon says:

What DO Democrats do to have fun these days, anyway? I mean, eventually, one would get sick of pining about the 2000 election, wouldn’t they?

6. pathfinder says:

I’ve been driving through South Georgia today flipping between local stations and my satellite radio. It’s been picked up by several local stations and on the cable stations nationwide.

The press is overwelmingly favorable. Get your minds out of the gutter my Democratic friends. This was PR genius. The average mom and dad love this kind of story.

7. atlantaman says:

In the next few months I’m sure there will be equal opportunties to laugh at foolish Democrat pictures. Before Novemeber, I predict that Mark Taylor will enter a Chicken Wing Eating contest and there will be a picture of him with wing juice dripping down his chin.

8. Mojo says:

I wonder what the responses would be if this was Bill Clinton or Mark Taylor in the picture. I guarantee every response would be the exact opposite. We are sheep blinded by partisan passions. That being said, he does look ridiculous, but don’t we all?

9. Demonbeck says:

Atlantaman,

That would hardly be news. You can get that picture anyday at the Sloppy Floyd Building.

10. caroline says:

Taylor or Cox won’t have to spend much money on opposition photos with Sonny constantly doing it for them. LOL!

11. McCain-Rice\'08 says:

You go Governor!!

I think thats pretty cool, and I know it had to be a lot of fun…those of you making the skeptical comments are weird, everybody’s entitled to some fun now and then…and this is a man with a very strong marrige…I dont see how any one could take this as any thing more than a fun photo opp.

But youre right though, If that was Bill Clinton in that picture..it would raise some questions 🙂

12. Bull Moose says:

Me thinks that some people need to come up for fresh air… I would have rather seen the Governor walking for the March of Dimes, Relay For Life, or Kissing a Pig for diabetes…

13. Mojo says:

Or he could have handed out presents to poor Latino children on Cinco de Mayo. Oh, wait, he has to appeal to his conservative nativist wingnut base. Well, I guess he could have ground them up and served them to the patriotic Minutemen at Perdue’s Burrito Shack.

14. jacewalden says:

Mojo,

I might have missed something here, but what exactly is wrong with being a “nativist”?

Perhaps you need to go back and re-read the definition of nativism:

(1)A sociopolitical policy, especially in the United States in the 19th century, favoring the interests of established inhabitants over those of immigrants.

What exactly is wrong with favoring the interests of our own citizens over non-citizens? Isn’t that the job of a sovreign nation–to look out for the intrests of its citizens?

Mojo, you have no grasp of reality.. You’re making a generalization that all illegal immigrants are latino, and that if Purdue doesn’t cater to latinos then he is “appealing to his conservative nativist wingnut base”.

What is wrong with appealing to your base when your base is made of CITIZENS of this country?

You’re also assuming that every latino is in favor of illegal immigration. If you watch the pre-speech warm up on CNN, which I have no doubt you did, you probably heard the statistic that 20% of latinos are NOT in favor of illegal immigration.

But with you it would probably go over better if Perdue did “hand out presents to poor latinos” or even attended an Atzland rally.

If he does hand out presents to poor latinos, more power to him–it would be a sign of compassion. But just because he doesn’t give the kids their presents, it doesn’t mean he is without compassion.

Oh, and you’re also a racist.