More on the Crotts residency challenge

I don’t think Mike Crotts will be in race for the 17th State Senate district much longer. According to the AJC, tax records from Rockdale and Henry County indicate that he lives outside of the district he is running in.

Crotts said Wednesday that he leases the Rockdale home listed on his campaign paperwork and is registered to vote there. Rockdale County tax records show the home belongs to Lisa A. Aaron and Carolyn W. Davis. A woman who answered the telephone at the Rockdale home declined comment. A subsequent telephone call was not returned.

Crotts said he does not live in the Henry County home, but Bray’s complaint includes a homestead exemption receipt for the property.

“I have not filed for a homestead exemption in Henry County,” said Crotts, saying the complaint is being pushed by political opponents. “Whatever that form is, it doesn’t have my signature on it.”

The receipt doesn’t have any spot for a signature. Henry County Tax Commissioner Andy Pipkin could not be reached for comment late Wednesday.

Also, the phone number for his campaign is registered to his McDonough home, which is actually in the 10th State Senate district.

1. Romegaguy says:

Maybe the Rockdale home he leases is his love nest… Or maybe God told him to do it while he was choking on some chinese food.

2. Maybe the rest of the world could give less of a crap about the GA SD 17 GOP soap opera. It’s like worrying who will replace Tom Bordeaux. May be of interest if you live in the district or know one of the candidates personally, otherwise the seat will be Democratic (there isn’t even opposition) so it is more of a curiosity at best.

Mike Crotts seems to inspire a lot more interest than a bumbling fool should around these parts.

3. atlantaman says:

I agree with you. I’m a Republican and have had my fill of Crotts gossip for the next 5 years.

4. UGA Wins 2005 says:

Crotts talk is getting old, but the guy is such a sleeze bag that he generates far more conversation than he deserves.

5. Demonbeck says:

“the guy is such a sleeze bag that he generates far more conversation than he deserves.”

Sounds like another GA Republican candidate…

6. Demonbeck says:

I didn’t name anyone specifically, but if it is that easy to connect the dots, then it should tell you something.

7. Fuzzyslippers says:

It’s nice to know that we have Einsteins like this in office.

If he’s going to cheat at least be smart about it.

8. I’m with Bill on this…What!? That’s a mighty high brow insult (I think it’s an insult) and it might not be appropriate for this audience. We need simple and funny.

9. Demonbeck says:

chrisishardcore,

Next time, just ask Bill to pull your finger. Life goes over much better on these boards if you don’t require anyone to think.

10. golddomegrunt says:

Never had good feelings about Crotts. Definately don’t need him back at the Capitol.

Douglas appears to me to be a good fella, down to earth, and a hard worker.

11. jacewalden says:

I the Rockdale County Citizen today, Crotts claims that he actually lives in a “basement apartment” in the house in question…convienent I guess, since he has an $800,000 dollar house just five miles away…apparently the basement apartment is his full-time residence, while the 800K house is only something he says in part-time.

Isn’t that just peculiar?

12. stephaniemills21 says:

The administrative law judges are norotiously weak on this issue. Take Sen. Hudgens. He claims he lives in a one bedroom apartment in an alley in Comer, GA, while he owns a huge house on acres and acres of land outside of his Senate district. The judge took his word for it. So, Crotts may not be in the trouble you all think he is.

13. Brian from Ellijay says:

And Matt Dollar lives in Buckhead with his girlfriend but represents East Cobb.