Insanity

A tipster informs us that both Ralph and Casey have Facebook groups.

I’m going to have a post on all of this stuff later. But, I’ll say for now that I think this is all a waste of time.

[UPDATE] By the way, the Reed campaign asserts that any insinuation that Ralph has a MySpace account is false. In fact, there appear to be a few of them out there. One Reed fan emailed to say it was his site, and not an actual Reed site.

Again, I’ll have more later on this.

1. gopdawg says:

well, let me say, it’s true and i would not underestimate the power of Facebook– college students spend more time on it than studying, believe me, and it’s not just at UGA, but Tech and all the campuses around the state and nation also…it’s how people are invited to parties, see who is in their classes, show club affiliation, etc. Facebook has the potential to be used for political purposes, I believe, we are only on the brink of it

2. Melb says:

There is a Mark Taylor facebook on my campus. I think it is a good way to reach students without having to spend a lot of time, energy, and resources.

3. debbie0040 says:

If both are free, I wonder if the campaigns have to list it as an in kind contribution?

4. jay says:

If it is completely free for any and everybody, they shouldnt have to disclose it. you dont have to disclose in kind rent to a landlord if you place a 4 x 4 sign on their property with their permission.

5. UGAMatthew says:

I would argue that disclosure is not necessary because it’s open to the public for no cost…

6. Bull Moose says:

Special Interest Lobbyist Ralph Reed will not reveal who his corporate clients are or what services he was paid to perform.

Special Interest Lobbyist Ralph Reed has taken in close to $4 million in fees from companies that have a lobbying presence in the state of Georgia, companies whose interests may be counter to that of the people of Georgia, (like the whole casino thing) and yet Special Interest Lobbyist Reed won’t reveal who paid him and for what services?

Something smells fishy here. Ralph should come clean about his special interests.

7. Demonbeck says:

$90,000 from Enron – Great Client, no controversy here
    $75,000 from Ford – I am sure this client will help him in Hapeville
    $571,200 from International Paper – Another client that is losing jobs by the thousands
    $834,146 from United Parcel Service – Union heavy business that I am sure will bring a ton of votes his way (Note Sarcasm in typing)
    $1.5 million from Microsoft – Dumped RR before he could bring them down too.

8. Groseclose says:

I am not certain why the Reed guys are so opposed to a myspace site created by one/coalition of their supporters. I can’t imagine them being worried about the content of such a site; it seems they and most campaigns do little to discourage their backers’ from engaging in the marketplace of ideas on sites like PeachPundit. Quite frankly, if the content of some campaign supporters’ posts past muster as acceptable, you can hardly worry about a myspace site. Maybe, I am missing what the big deal is, but those are just my thoughts.

9. Bull Moose says:

When the AP asked Reed today about his business dealings, and his staff refused to identify the clients, how much he was paid, or what he did for the fees, and instead cited ethics, there is something fishy…

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire…

10. Groseclose says:

George,

I agree! Bull’s posts are increasingly, blindly allegiant to two folks: Casey Cagle and Brian Kemp. I guess he has quiet trying to hide his affiliations! To his credit, I am glad that he stopped posting ridiculously biased stuff on the front page.

11. Bull Moose says:

You two are so foolish… I’m not Joel and I’m not blindly loyal… I just can think for myself and can draw my own conclusions. Sorry that the rest of you are so blindly loyal to a lost cause…

12. debbie0040 says:

Bull Moose, you mention AP asked Reed today about his business dealings. I see no new story that mentions that. Perhaps you Cagle supporters are just re hashing an old story that ran months ago. Pretty pathetic that the Cagle campaign has to re hash old news stories.

Reed followed the law.

Your comment of where there is smoke there is fire should be directed at the Cagle campaign. They have yet to file an ammended disclosure form. What are they hiding?

You keep mentioning Microsoft fired Reed before he could bring them down , too. That is not why Microsoft is no longer a client of Reed and you know it. But you and the Cagle campaign don’t care about facts.

Microsoft was also a client of Haley Barbour. Microsoft bowed to pressure from gay activists to sever ties with Reed because of his stand against a gay rights bill.

Reed stood strong against the gay rights bill and risked losing Microsoft as a client. That is why I support Reed. You can count on him to Stand strong even if it costs him. Cagle would not have done so. Cagle could not even stand up to Roy Barnes.

13. Demonbeck says:

“Pretty pathetic that the Cagle campaign has to re hash old news stories.”

“Speaking of ethics, It was real ethical of Cagle to donate 1,000 to Taylor then lie about why he did it. It is real ethical of Cagle to serve on the Senate Banking committee while serving as an officer of a bank. It was real ethical of Cagle to help kill Tort Reform in 2004 while receiving contributions from trial attorneys.”

Yet it isn’t pathetic when Reed supporters do it?

You know Reed supporters waxing eloquent about ethics to Cagle supporters are a lot like Max Cleland…they just don’t have a leg to stand on.

14. Demonbeck says:

No, you were being a hypocrite. Big Difference.

If you are going to hold me to a higher standard because my candidate may have committed a misdemeanor, I am going to hold you to the same standard because your candidate may have committed a felony.

The Reed campaign is grasping at straws. If Cagle got a speeding ticket, they’d try to make a federal case out of it. However, they are trying to turn their candidate’s involvement in a federal case into something akin to a speeding ticket.

Yet they are the ones claiming that Cagle supporters are being hypocritical.

You Reed supporters are welcome to worship your false idol, just don’t force it on me.

15. Bull Moose says:

Here is the question:

Will Reed continue to be a special interest lobbyist if he is elected Lt. Governor of Georgia?

What is the answer?

Here is another question:

What services did Reed provide for Enron?

What is the answer?

Demon Beck, some of these people are blind, especially Debbie.