More Punches Between Cathy and Mark

It appears the Secretary of State’s campaign manager has been altering the Lt. Governor’s bio at Wikipedia. Information added related to the arrest of the Lt. Governor’s son on drunk driving charges in South Carolina.

Revisions to the lieutenant governor’s profile on Wikipedia, a popular online encyclopedia, can be traced to an Internet address registered to [Morton] Brilliant [Cox’s campaign manager], the Taylor camp said.

Wikipedia has been under fire recently for allowing online contributors to post inaccurate information on its site. The most prominent case involved an entry on John Seigenthaler Sr., a prominent journalist whom a Wikipedia entry linked to the assassinations of John and Robert F. Kennedy. The man who posted the false information later said he was playing a joke.

Of interest, it was Senate Minority Leader Robert Brown who called on Cox’s campaign to fire Brilliant for his less than brilliant (you knew it was coming) move.

Wikipedia has confirmed that Cathy Cox’s campaign made the addition to Mark Taylor’s biography to mention the incident in South Carolina involving his son.

The founder of Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales, confirmed late Tuesday that the edit to Taylor’s biography traced back to the Cox campaign. But he said he had no way of knowing who made the change.

SOURCE

1. Bad form on the part of the Cox campaign.

Mark Taylor didn’t go negative, he ran (and continues to run) on his strong record, but Cathy Cox and her cronies did.

I guess she has no real record to run on.

2. sarahfz124 says:

I have lost so much respect for you, Cathy Cox. I have been hearing things about her fighting dirty but I didn’t believe it until now. There are so many things that her campaign has done. She HAS to know about these things! I can’t believe she has been preaching about the good ole boys being corrupt. She has been lying this whole time!!!! Cathy Cox, if you want to remain in this race, you will not continue with Brilliant. If you do, you are even more of a scum bag than he is.

3. Skeptical says:

I am not denying that this was totally uncalled for, but I must point out that it was the Taylor campaign that went negative long ago. Their bandying about of the “L” word when Cathy Cox was talking with Emily’s List last year was uncalled for. The name calling was just childish then and I see that it’s just gotten worse, but now it’s on both sides.

Both of them are behaving like children and for Christ’s sake, this was about the most amateur mistake I’ve ever seen in a campaign. If you want to sling mud with the big boys, don’t get caught you with your pants down you idiots because you can rest assured that your opponent on the right won’t be caught like this when the mud starts slinging in earnest.

4. ugadog says:

I don’t think that labeling someone as a liberal and changing an encyclopedia to include a personal attack on a candidate’s son are two entirely different things. Any personal vindication at seeing the Cathy Cox campaign continually screw up is completely overshadowed by the fact that they are using the death of Taylor’s son’s best friend as a politcal football.

5. ugadog says:

Should read: I think that labeling someone as a liberal and changing an encyclopedia to include a personal attack on a candidate’s son are two entirely different things. Any personal vindication at seeing the Cathy Cox campaign continually screw up is completely overshadowed by the fact that they are using the death of Taylor’s son’s best friend as a politcal football.

6. donkeydonkey says:

TOP 10 Reasons NOT to support Cathy Cox:

10- Her “lead” has only gone down since her government funded name recognition campaign.
    9- Attacks lobbyist when she’s married to one.
    8- She’s never been in a real political fight.
    7- She has a Republican Chairman.
    6- Her campaign attacks civil rights leader Andy Young
    5- Then attacked Mark when he actually did help create the HOPE scholarship.
    4- Her support for gay rights will make her unelectable come november
    3- Can’t even get her own supporters to back her in a conference call.
    2- Changes an online encyclopedia in an attempt to attack Taylor’s son.
    1- Hasn’t done anything for the State of Georgia.

7. donkeydonkey says:

Which one should I replace with “Claimed to create the HOPE scholarship when she wasn’t even in the legislature.”

Or should I just see how far we can go…

8. ugadog says:

I hope Cox hasn’t purchased her commercials yet, I think it’ll be hard for her to claim be the “ethics candidate”, or “candidate of change” or not part of the “good ol’ boy network.”

Maybe she should try running on her record and plan for the future of Georgia like Mark Taylor. Novel idea, huh?

Oh yeah, that has problems of its own.

You can only run one commercial about electronic voting.

Maybe two if you count moving the SOS office to Macon.

Did you get a good deal from U-Haul on that, Cathy?

9. GetReal says:

Even though I figured out a while ago that I don’t much care for Cox, I almost feel bad for her and her staff. The last week or so has been rough. Self-inflicted harm, no doubt, but ouch.

So much for being the “change” candidate and trying to play the victim of attacks from those “good ole boys” Mark and Sonny.

10. sarahfz124 says:

Why are the Cox supporters talking about Mark going “negative”. Where the hell is this coming from? It’s about time Cathy Cox is revealed for what she truly is. She is a liar, a cheat, and a phony.