More on Morton Brilliant from the Tip Line

Here you go:

While the president of wikipedia says there is no way to know what person at the Cox Campaign Office made the edits it is pretty easy to figure out.

The IP in question is 69.15.227.237 (as evident by the AP article)

That IP has made changes to the following people’s wikipedia entires

Mark Taylor
Dino Rossi
Mark Stanford

All three of these candidates are opponents of campaigns that Morton Brilliant has worked on.

1. ugadog says:

I wonder if Cathy had one of her hinchmen to write this on wikepedia about Andy Young?

In February 2005, Young accepted a position as chairman of “Working Families for Wal-Mart”, an organization sponsored by the corporate giant as a public response to widespread criticism that many of the company’s American employees and their children are on public assistance, that the company uses child labor, that the company discriminates against female and African-American employees, and that workers manufacturing Wal-Mart products are subject to abusive conditions and sub-povert wages.

2. ugadog says:

I’ve got an idea for a Peach Pundit Poll:

Who is more unethical?

Ralph Reed or Cathy Cox

Place your bets (I mean votes).

3. Natalie says:

I just checked out those edits and it looks like they were all made within two weeks of each other. That’s a bit odd, don’t you think?

4. SouthernConservative says:

That’s almost as brilliant as Kemp’s folks killing their own site so they could blame Gary Black.

5. TigerLily says:

It is my understanding that Cox has some public events today. It will be interesting to see how she answers the questions on this one.

6. landman says:

SC,There is no question Black’s people killed the site,they just dont have the bal** to close the deal.Gary’s play was juvenile,but what Cox appears to have done is really classless and speaks volumes of hers and her teams character.

At the end of the day they are just playing for second place,anyway.GO SONNY!!!!

7. Bill Simon says:

I’m sorry, but as an observer of political campaign tactics, I kinda think the editing of the Wikipedia entries was rather guerrilla, which is to be expected in a political campaign (See Reed, Ralph).

The only unfortunate part of it was for someone not to have invested in some software that either blocks or scrambles the IP address of the poster.

As far as the claim that it is “classless,” ehh…was the entry about Fletcher Taylor accurate? If it was, then it is a truthful entry. Whether it’s relevant to the race or not, that is up to the voter.

8. SouthernConservative says:

I tend to agree with Bill. It was stupid not to have downloaded even a basic, free IP scrambler. I do agree with landman on one thing: Go Sonny!

9. spaceygracey says:

Is our man Erick the bomb or what…a hip conservative with hacker overtones. My kinda guy. As long as he doesn’t fly his dates to NASCAR events for a good time. But you regulars should know how I feel about NASCAR by now.

Peach Smack to (Not So) Brilliant Boy fer sure.

10. hazelhursttiger says:

Quote from today’s Albany Herald

“If it is true Brilliant used personal information about a candidate’s child as a campaign tool — something that should be offensive to everyone — the secretary of state faces a hard choice. Does she fire someone who has been planning strategies for months and managing key decisions in preparation for kicking the campaign into high gear this month? Or does she stay with a person who obviously is mean-spirited, deceptive and has poor judgment and no boundaries?

If Cox dumps Brilliant, her campaign might stumble briefly. If she keeps him she can never be sure what he’s doing.”

11. memberg says:

It’s only a matter of time now before there’s a political dispute on myspace. Maybe soliciting underage voters?

Regardless, I can’t believe the “mainstream media” hasn’t really taken wikipedia to task. It’s basically used as a blog with the color of truth and legitimacy.

I say it’s downright negligent.

12. sarahfz124 says:

Even if Cathy fires Brilliant, he will still manage her campaign I bet. He may be just a “consultant”. They will hide the fact that he will still be working for them, but I would definately wager that he will not be gone.

13. Mrs. Adam Kornstein says:

He’s apparently just resigned and she accepted.. I guess we’ll see Sarahfz124 if you are right or if he goes back to Charleston or some where more lucrative.

14. Brian from Ellijay says:

Its amazing how some people post under three differnt names, but are not smart enough to change their emails. I wonder if we can make it were they email has to actually work. There is one person on this thread who works for taylor, is the head of Students for Taylor, and then has two screennames, one under one email that is her name, and another under another email that is like her first intial and her last name.