4th Congressional District Primary.

There are plenty of rumors that Vernon Jones or some other “big name” will jump into the Democratic primary against Cynthia McKinney.  If a “big name” Democrat joins the race, what will the effect be on the Democratic nomination for Governor?  Does it help Cox, who has solid support in the African-American community, or does it help Taylor, who has the backing of McKinney (assuming she still has a “machine” to crank up)?

1. Gerry says:

Vernon Jones has been a big disappointment. I had high hopes for him when he first ran, but he has turned out to be a skunk.

Cox is helped most by a serious challenge to McKinney. Taylor will come to regret cozying up to McKinney. She is a super skunk.

2. Decaturguy says:

I don’t buy the argument that black voters are going to vote overwelmingly for Taylor (even with McKinney’s endorsement). Every poll taken to date shows Cox getting the majority of the black vote over Taylor, or at least holding her own. In any event, do you really think that Mark Taylor and Cynthia McKinney are going to go around campaigning together?

3. emily says:

Please, oh please, let them go around campaigning together. I’d love nothing more than to hear Congresswoman McKinney say “I love Mark Taylor” over and over.

And, Decaturguy, you’re right. Cox still leads Taylor in every poll, even in the African American community he supposedly has wrapped around his little finger.

4. amy38 says:

please, please, cite or link to information about the polls. I know I can’t keep track of all of them and the newest one discussed her (insider advantage 3/20) didn’t break it down by ethnicity.

5. Fiddes says:

All this talk about a “big name” must have Hank Johnson, DeKalb District 5 Commissioner (and an already announced candidate against McKinney), wondering why he isn’t getting any attention.

6. spaceygracey says:

Well, the ladies will sure be happy if Vernon Jones is, uh, at their service. I’ve watched that dude in meetings before; what an ADD case if there ever was. If he bothers to show up at all, he is constantly up and down, up and down, paying no attention whatsoever to what the proceedings are all about.

7. Briardawg says:

Maybe that “big name” is Tupac. He’s really alive, you know. I hear he is living in the basement of that shrine in south DeKalb.

8. Dignan says:

spaceygracey: If you really want to see Vernon in action with the ladies, you should swing by the bar at Haven in Brookhaven sometime.