CORRECTED: Worth Noting

Sorry, I was catching a plane as I wrote this post and it is in error. I’ve corrected it below. I misread the figures. EE

The Georgia GOP raised $167,501.32 $3,793,518.83 this period. They have total contributions of $4,643,099.81.

The Georgia GOP has cash on hand of $4,099,205.57.

Contrast that with the Georgia Democratic Party. The Democrats raised $493,495.15 this past period for a total raised of $1,874,490.54. They have cash on hand of $414,470.74.

$4,000,000.00 vs. $400,000.00 kinda sucks. At least with several retirements of Democrats, they can probably get some funding from the war chests of the retirees. Likewise, the Democrats can call on significant union support and third party support that the GOP does not have. But still . . .

1. Skeptical says:

The Democratic Party of Georgia has only itself to blame for hurting for money. The people who continually give money to parties are their hardcore base. In the DPG’s case, they’ve angered the base beyond repair this election cycle. The hardcore Democrats of Georgia will not continue to throw good money after bad ideas, leadership and policy. If we choose to give money this year, we’re giving it directly to candidates we support or organizations that do the work that is important to us. The 2005 JJ dinner last year raised over 1million dollars. What do we have to show for that? Not a damn thing.

We pay attention and we can’t wait until September…

2. Mrs. Adam Kornstein says:

I think the Dems just need enough money to pay to gas up AirForce One about 2 days before election day.. it will seem a lot like VA then…

3. Skeptical says:

Buzz,

Dems are supposed to have their state convention where they choose a new leader.

And Demonspawn, I don’t have to wait until November to “complain” about voter fraud. It’s already been proven in numerous states, but why bore your, what is it that Babs calls it, oh yeah “beautiful mind” with facts?

And Bill, I’m so sorry to burst your bubble, but I’m highly educated and make a very decent wage and I don’t mind sharing the wealth with those less fortunate than myself or those organizations that work towards causes that I feel are important.

Where do you get y’all’s information on us little ol’ liberals?

4. atlantaman says:

“I don’t mind sharing the wealth with those less fortunate than myself or those organizations that work towards causes that I feel are important.”

I think you just gave the definition of a Conservative.

5. Skeptical says:

Whoa atlantaman. You and I must have gone to schools in different solar systems. Unless, of course, you mean those less fortunate than the Republicans are those who only have one BMW instead of two Hummers.

I just can’t even wrap my head around that statement enough to really tell you why it’s the most assinenly ridiculous statement I may have ever read on this site (and from my point of view, I’ve seen some doozies).

6. tobin smith says:

Skeptical, I am fine with you sharing your wealth with the less fortunate. What I mind are those liberals who only want to do it with my money. I think I am in a better position to pick my charities than the government.

7. Skeptical says:

You think the liberals don’t pay the same as you? You are living in a fantasy land if that’s the case. This is what I want to know about conservatives: why is only your money that which shouldn’t be spent for the common good? Why is your money so special that it can’t be spent for healthcare for children or some other “government charity” that you hate? Do you honestly think that all people who get government assistance in any form are all just lazy “welfare queens”? I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen, but the vast majority of anyone getting government assistance doesn’t like having to get it. I am more than pissed about my tax money going to this faith-based initiative crap, but I still pay my taxes because I also think some tiny stipend of it may go to keeping national parks open. And again, I don’t think paved roads equals charity in my book.

8. JulieSMI says:

And just so Debbie doesn’t accuse me of plagiarism like Ralph did back in college – I was trying to quote Jack and accidentally pressed the submit button so that’s why there’s no quotation marks. I haven’t crunched the numbers myself but I’m willing to bet they are right simply becuase you can’t trust anything that lying scumbag Ralph says.