Gubernatorial Numbers

And here you go folks:

For Perdue, he raised $141,985.41 this period with a total of $8mil raised. He spent $379,352.90 this period, which is his total expenditure number too. He has cash on hand of $8,264,129.61.

Mark Taylor raised $98,531.16 this period for a total raised of $5,542,923.13. He spent $424,262.31 for this period and a total expenditure thus far of $1,367,384.20. He has cash on hand of $4,175,538.93.

Cathy Cox raised $185,891.72 this period for a total raised of $4,254,825.45. He spent $414,511.72 this period for a total expenditure of $1,335,515.85. She has cash on hand of $2,919,309.60.

The advantage here goes to the incumbent obviously. With a good economy and a played safe general session, he’s sitting on a pile of cash with no primary opponent.

I actually think Cox and Taylor are at parity. Taylor has more on hand that Cox, but Cox out raised Taylor nearly double this period. Their period expenditures are almost the same. Between Taylors COH advantage and Cox’s fundraising strength, I would say they are at parity now, but Cox seemingly has an edge money wise — if she can keep it up.

Let’s also admit, while I still think Taylor can pull this off, more and more people are doing the back of the napkin arithmetic and calculating that Cox can beat Perdue and Taylor can’t. That perception is going to have to change for Taylor.

1. Cynthia says:

if you take away the million Taylor donated to himself last period Cathy and Mark raised about the same amount of money and he declared a good six months before her…

clearly the momentum is swinging towards cathy and i don’t see that changing any time soon. she lead taylor by almost 20 points in the latest polling data…

2. amy38 says:

Cynthia, what “latest poll” with “Cox up by 20pts” are you referring to??? The last poll discussed on this blog was the Insider Advantage Poll of March 21 showing Cox ahead of Taylor by 11pts?

3. GAWire says:

Why even talk about this anymore? I got $4 million dollars saying Perdue’s lease on the Gov’s Mansion will be extended for another 4 yrs. Done.

4. Cynthia says:

didn’t you learn anything from roy? money won’t do you any good if you don’t have the votes.

sonny’s latest poll numbers show us that too.

5. SouthernConservative says:

I’m with Wire on this one. I really believe that Sonny’s money, coupled with his grassroots plan, will carry him over. I don’t think it’s a slam dunk, and I think its going to take some work and a good deal of that cash, but I think Sonny’s headed in the right direction. I had a conversation with several of his key people a week or so ago, in which they were explaining the grassroots plan. He’ll have at least 30 paid grassroots folks on the ground, among other things…it sounds to me like they’re thinking about spending the money in the right place. My money’s on Sonny, all the way.

However, an interesting note about Cathy: she’s never run a real race in her life. She walked into her Daddy’s house seat, and she was appointed to SofS. She then ran, as an incumbent, against Charley Bailey. God bless him for his stick -tuit-ive-ness, but that’s not much of a race.

Taylor, on the other hand, has shown his commitment to this race by contributing at least 1 million of his own money, and may do more by the time it’s all said and done. He’s run several races before, and he’s ruthless.

Don’t count Taylor out.

6. Romegaguy says:

I remember 8 years ago people were laughing at a candidate running for Lt Gov from south Ga. Conventional Wisdom said that more women were Dem voters in the primary and that a woman candidate with impressive credentials from DeKalb County was building momentum and going to be the next Lt Gov. Didnt work that way did it?

Cathy with a C has NEVER had a tough race. She has almost half the cash on hand that Mark does . She would have to outraise Mark by $1.2 million in the next reporting period to “gain momentum” but I dont see that working out for her or you Cynthia. Sorry.

Anyway, odds are still very good that Sonny gets re-elected.